Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@Seacat thanks brother. My sales person hasn’t been very helpful. I called the bronco support line at ford and they didn’t have much to add either. I was a code 10 priority and now the dealership switched it over to 99. The claim is to avoid scheduling. I am with you 1000% the hold might delay the build and scheduling.
Most of the info is in this link that has been posted on this thread already. I was only adding that it sounds like you got a dealer that actually knows what they are doing. A 99 PC will set your order to not scheduled, yes you need to do that because there is scheduling this week if you want to take advantage of the new options. The only thing a customer should make sure is that the order whatever state is back in PC 10-19 by the deadline 3/15 so they don't miss out on a potential 2022. If the order stays in PC 99 its going to get pushed to a re-order for MY23. The other confusion is there are still reservations out there that are not converted to order so this applys to those getting put in as orders by 3/8 if those want to be considered at all for a MY22.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ge-updated-with-official-memo-document.37611/
Sponsored

BroncoBilly22

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series & 2022 TESLA Y
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Today 03/11/2022 my Ford Salesman sent me my revised preview order form that has the HOSS 3.0 w/ FOX INTRL BYPASS option which brings my new grand total to $62,220! Before I added this single option my previous Order form total was $57,690.
This is a $4,530 price increase because with this new change I am subject to the 2022.5 Ford price increase. That doesn't seem like price protection to me?
I really need your guys thoughts on this. I really want to add the option but is it worth it or should I just keep things the way they are?
I am getting ready to call him back and also address the fact that they added:
1. Tube step, powder coated $395 (I didn't ask for this option)
2. Hard top, gray molded-in-color $695 (Was not charged for in original order)
If I delete these two added options that combined total $1,090 my new adjusted price total is
$61,130. If my calculations are correct I am paying $3,440 instead $2,515 for this HOSS 3.0 package.
The price protection could be corrected and adjusted on my final build sheet and window sticker but it should be adjust before I agree to it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Matt13

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Today 03/11/2022 my Ford Salesman sent me my revised preview order form that has the HOSS 3.0 w/ FOX INTRL BYPASS option which brings my new grand total to $62,220! Before I added this single option my previous Order form total was $57,690.
This is a $4,530 price increase because with this new change I am subject to the 2022.5 Ford price increase. That doesn't seem like price protection to me?
I really need your guys thoughts on this. I really want to add the option but is it worth it or should I just keep things the way they are?

I may be reading the other messages wrong, but it seems the invoice is based on the current pricing however, there is a credit at time of delivery for the people who check the boxes of when they reserved, when they ordered, etc etc. You may find at time of delivery that your pricing is corrected.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am a post 3/19 order, so I have no price protection - therefore I would be paying MY22.5 pricing if I change trims to get HOSS 3.0. That would be ~$7k just to get the better steering rack/tie rods that I want. Needless to say I'm keeping my Badlands order and will wait to upgrade the steering down the road... I definitely think WT with the addition of HOSS 3.0 is the best trim available at this time...

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I delete these two added options that combined total $1,090 my new adjusted price total is
$61,130. If my calculations are correct I am paying $3,440 instead $2,515 for this HOSS 3.0 package.
The price protection could be corrected and adjusted on my final build sheet and window sticker but it should be adjust before I agree to it.
Mine went from 52k-56k.
Honestly, I'm sticking with it. If you added a Fox Coilover lift after the fact it would be more than that, you wouldn't get the other upgrades and it won't be fully backed in your warranty. My 2 cents is keep it!

Sponsored

BroncoBilly22

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series & 2022 TESLA Y
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I decided to stick to my original order total of $57,690 and forgo Ford's price increase. It appeared that the are charging an additional $695 for the existing MIC hard top to possibly recoup some money that this new top is costing them because he was unable to delete additional fee that post as $0 on my original preview order.
I am saving approximately $4,135 by passing on the HOSS 3.0 package. This money would better suit me going towards a nice steel rear bumper, legit aftermarket running boards or sliders, factory leveling kit and maybe some accessory lighting. I still can't believe that Ford didn't offer rear steel bumper to match the upgraded steel front bumper. I am sure by the time mine arrives there will be more parts available to choose from.
Who knows, Ford might upgrade the tie rods on all Broncos and repair the steering rack issue to make it more reliable. They need to stay in the fight with the Jeep Wrangler and they don't need a couple inferior parts holding them back and getting bad reviews when their rigs leave them stranded on the trails.

Last edited:

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm still in the dark on this price protection. I understand the pre 3/19/2021 and the price protection. After watching the McArthur Ford video it appears that you have some RETAIL price protection after 3/19/21. They're stating that you are protected on the price order date, the MSRP at the time the order is placed is what the dealer should honor. That difference between that and the 22.5 pricing is refunded and the dealer is made good through Ford Motor after the vehicle is titled in your name, provided you didn't make any of the several changes that void it. At least I'm hoping it goes that way. It's confusing as the other information posted states that you are not eligible for price protection after 3/19/21. Maybe it has something to do with making the changes to the order?

Last edited:

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still in the dark on this price protection. I understand the pre 3/19/2021 and the price protection. After watching the McArthur Ford video it appears that you have some RETAIL price protection after 3/19/21. They're stating that you are protected on the price order date, the MSRP at the time the order is placed is what the dealer should honor. That difference between that and the 22.5 pricing is refunded and the dealer is made good through Ford Motor after the vehicle is titled in your name, provided you didn't make any of the several changes that void it. At least I'm hoping it goes that way. It's confusing as the other information posted states that you are not eligible for price protection after 3/19/21. Maybe it has something to do with making the changes to the order?
Unless it’s changed, price protection is only offered to those who had reservations and firmed them up prior to 3/19/21. If you reserved after that date, there is no price protection. If you modify your order at all, and you were a 3/19 prior reservation holder, then you forgo your price protection.

Basically Ford wanted to honor pricing for the original build they would have gotten on time if their production was sorted. They knew they would be adding things like the HOSS and Everglades Edition and if they had production sorted you would’ve paid the old price, gotten your vehicle, and not had the option to get these new items.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the part that is in THE "gray area". This is posted in remarks if you ordered your Bronco AFTER 3/19/2021. I'm just hard headed.

I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?
If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?
An example of a series change would be going from Badlands™ to Big Bend™. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.

Sponsored

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Help me digest this, so if your not part of the pre March /19/21 and you do not make a series, package change , it appears you may have some protection, as a change MAY result in a price increase. I'm scratching my head.

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you change series (Badlands to Wildtrak) it’s not price protected. I was thinking about changing and almost puked the trigger but decided not to.
The Hoss 3.0 is a great upgrade at $2,500 but it’s not worth the additional price increase. I’ll just wait for Ford Performance to release the parts individually

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you change series (Badlands to Wildtrak) it’s not price protected. I was thinking about changing and almost puked the trigger but decided not to.
The Hoss 3.0 is a great upgrade at $2,500 but it’s not worth the additional price increase. I’ll just wait for Ford Performance to release the parts individually
Pulled the trigger!

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, here we go again. I was under the impression that adding the HOSS 3.0 would not trigger the price increase as it's not a series, etc. change. Seems didn't matter what your configuration, the new window stickers reflect the increase.

Go to 8:25 on the timeline, he touches on the HOSS 3.0 addition.

Last edited:

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took it to mean if you're not part of the pre 3/19/21 order or reservation program you will pay whatever your order says unless you change something like a series, number of doors, a package, or 4-wheel drive system.

I was even concerned even though I am 2/15/21 order (8/27/20 reservation) that changing the 2 things I did change on Thursday (eliminated the Mod bumper and added the removable hoop step) did change the price on my order by $2,000. so, I contacted my salesperson to make sure I was price protected, which she assured me I was and that the price would be adjusted with a $2,000. rebate at the time of delivery.
Sponsored