Sponsored

New order delivering by end of the year?

foxer2000

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CMAX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I placed an order for a 4-door Big Bend straight, no options except keyless entry pad. Ordered last week of August. Sales manager insists that the combo that I ordered stands an "almost certain" chance of delivering by the end of the year since it doesn't contain any of the "problem" options. Dealer is a pretty big one in the metro DC area, FWIW.

I made it clear that, while I'm excited to get the Bronco, I didn't give him any reason to think he had to lie to make the sale. Any chance that he's being straight with me? Anyone else sitting on a similar order for months and months with no movement?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your dealer would have no way of knowing for sure, they ultimately have no real control of what gets built.

That said, Big Bend 4-door base is your best bet to get a Bronco in 2021.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck thousands of us that pre-ordered last year and converted this year and still don't have vin.

Then again this is ford we are talking about so you might even beat 100k folks who knows.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™d guess itā€™s unlikely but possible if they run out of buildable Broncos due to restraints. Wasnā€™t too long ago I read something here saying Ford told dealers they could get certain builds by years end. When I went to test drive a mannequin last week the salesman, who seemed pretty knowledgeable about Broncos said something similar. I had already told him I had an order elsewhere so he had no reason to BS me, when I told him my build was a BB sas 2.3 he said he wouldnā€™t be surprised if I got it early next year as long as I stay with soft top even though have an 8/2021 res. Not gonna hold my breath but who knows

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer had a person order a base BB soft top in august (yes 2021) that was previewing two weeks ago. But didnā€™t schedule Bc they cancel scheduling that week. Not a lie. Not many ordered base or bb lightly optioned soft tops and I know they have those parts. Ford isnā€™t going to sit waiting for commodities for res holders if the get buildable low content retail orders. That is finance 101. My unit got pulled and scheduled after I changed to a soft top and after adding 2.7 and sas to every other sin I had (mod bumper, lux, tow) I was a 07/24/20 res and 01/23/21 order. Taking the mic top off got mine built because so many hardtop orders didnā€™t change. My is scheduled for build next week and is still tracking that way.

I held out for while for a mic top but after driving the soft top and realizing it wasnā€™t that much of a compromise I am happy with my choice. Obviously the biggest bonus to the ST is being able to take the roof down anytime and I donā€™t think that comes with to big of a penalty with road noise.

Donā€™t forget that you should check with your dealer on those allocations vs order. My dealer has 6 allocations but only two buildable units counting mine. I wouldnā€™t commit to a dealer if you want a 2021 until you get them to tell you their allocation vs their orders.

Message me if you want to get hooked up with my dealer. They have been great to work with and are a small family owned dealer.
Sponsored