New Owner in Tally

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi, I'm a new owner Tallahassee, FL. Mine is a Big Bend dual tops. Working to get the hard top this week after I install a lift in the garage to facilitate removing it.

I've been a Bronco dreamer since about 1976. I joined the Air Force in 76 and figured I will try to buy a new one in 77 but I wasn't found of the change in style that year. So finally, after waiting and waiting I traded my 2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison diesel for the 2023 Big Bend. Sure, it has street tires and no factory lift like the ZR2 but hey I finally got a Bronco! For now, it has the plastic bumpers which I hope to replace soon. No real skid plates. I was under it yesterday and I couldn't believe the amount of exposed plastic under there. I think it was the transmission. I like the looks of the ARB skid plates but those didn't include anything for the plastic gas tank. I'm not overly worried about climbing rocks but more road trash. LOL. I lived in Alaska and cringe at the thought of a punctured fuel tank while driving on the Alaska Highway in the middle of nowhere. Saw the results of that. I'm sure it wasn't fun.

My other Ford is a 1942 Ford GPW (jeep) that I've had since about 1981. It's a blast to drive but the Bronco is safer and more comfortable! It followed me around my Air Force career. From Florida to California to Minot, ND and North Pole, Alaska and back to Florida. Driving it at -45F (actual) was fun, ice fog was not.

PXL_20230318_223550626.jpg

myjeep003.jpg
Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congratulation, looking good. Thank you for your service. Enjoy

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi, I'm a new owner Tallahassee, FL. Mine is a Big Bend dual tops. Working to get the hard top this week after I install a lift in the garage to facilitate removing it.

I've been a Bronco dreamer since about 1976. I joined the Air Force in 76 and figured I will try to buy a new one in 77 but I wasn't found of the change in style that year. So finally, after waiting and waiting I traded my 2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison diesel for the 2023 Big Bend. Sure, it has street tires and no factory lift like the ZR2 but hey I finally got a Bronco! For now, it has the plastic bumpers which I hope to replace soon. No real skid plates. I was under it yesterday and I couldn't believe the amount of exposed plastic under there. I think it was the transmission. I like the looks of the ARB skid plates but those didn't include anything for the plastic gas tank. I'm not overly worried about climbing rocks but more road trash. LOL. I lived in Alaska and cringe at the thought of a punctured fuel tank while driving on the Alaska Highway in the middle of nowhere. Saw the results of that. I'm sure it wasn't fun.

My other Ford is a 1942 Ford GPW (jeep) that I've had since about 1981. It's a blast to drive but the Bronco is safer and more comfortable! It followed me around my Air Force career. From Florida to California to Minot, ND and North Pole, Alaska and back to Florida. Driving it at -45F (actual) was fun, ice fog was not.

Ford Bronco New Owner in Tally myjeep003

Ford Bronco New Owner in Tally myjeep003
Congratulations on your Bronco. It's amazing you held on to that Jeep for all these years. How are things in Tally? That's where I was born and raised but don't live there anymore though.

OP
OP
BobN - USAF

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been here since 1996. The city is growing as is the countryside. Still a nice place to live.

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Congratulations OP! Sweet ride enjoy it!
Sponsored