Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out our Bronco Plate mounting system! Developed to mount a 5 lb, 10 lb, or 15 lb Power Tank securely in the back of your Bronco, it also works to mount 5 lb to 11 lb propane tanks. In addition to a Power Tank or propane tank, there are pre-drilled holes to mount a quick-release fire extinguisher bracket as well an expansion slot toward the front for future expandability (currently in development).

085A5957y (Large).jpg

I'm going to stick with the exciting news up top but if you haven't heard of Power Tank, it's the fastest and most reliable way to air up your tires and I'll give a brief overview at the end of this post. I'll make a new thread if I get enough questions about just the Power Tank.
Bronco-Roll-Bar-Clamps-Main.png

Because of the unique shape of the Bronco's roll bar we couldn't re-use our round roll bar clamps to mount a Power Tank and call it a day. We took the opportunity to come up with a clean sheet vehicle mount based on what we had learned from our previous Jeep Wrangler mounts. With the excitement of an all-new vehicle platform, the idea was to come up with modular parts that worked well together or separately. To that end, we started with bespoke billet roll bar clamps. They are rubber lined so to not scratch your paint and can be used by themselves to mount just about anything. Powdercoated satin black.

The next piece is the Bronco Plate. This is a 3/16 steel plate powdercoated satin black with a few bends to increase rigidity. There are a few sets of mounting holes and 3/8 stainless steel hardware to fit multiple brackets. When mounted, towards the rear of the vehicle is a spot to add one of our billet quick-release fire extinguisher mounts. And towards the front of the vehicle, behind the rear seats is an expansion slot. We have a MOLLE/PALS panel planned but want to know what other things you'd like to be able to hard mount. A small rubber bumper stops the bottom of the plate from coming in to contact with your interior trim. There are separate driver and passenger mounts.

Bronco Plate QR Bkt 3.png

The Bronco Plate fits 5 lb, 10 lb, and 15 lb Power Tank Super Brackets as well as brackets for 5 lb and 11 lb steel propane tanks and 6 lb and 10 lb aluminum propane tanks. Right now, I have my 10 lb Power Tank on the driver side panel with a fire extinguisher and, on the passenger side, a 5 lb propane tank and a second fire extinguisher bracket, but this one houses a Pro Eagle Phoenix CO2 jack.

What really has me excited about the Bronco Plate is how freakin' solid it is when it's all bolted up. I can shake the Power Tank handle and it will rock the whole vehicle. For a vehicle platform designed to offroad faster than the Wrangler competition, this is key for peace of mind and safety on the trail.

085A5952 (Large).jpg

What is a Power Tank? Starting in 1997, Power Tank is the original CO2 air system for off-road. With a high-flow, high-pressure Super Flow regulator, Power Tank is the fastest, most reliable, and most powerful portable air system for airing up tires, running air tools, and more off road. A 10 lb Power Tank like in these photos can air up a 37" tire by 15 psi in about 30 seconds and fill 18 tires on a single tank. With no moving parts or wear items, Power Tanks are dead reliable and all come with a limited lifetime warranty. We routinely see Power Tanks over 20 years old so we can confidently say that a Power Tank is the only air system that will outlive the vehicle it's mounted to.

Power Tanks are refilled with CO2 at any number of welding supply, beverage carbonics, home brew, hydroponics, and aquarium businesses.

Our XP400 outputs 400 psi which is much more than any air tool on the market was designed for. To that end, we make our own line of Ventoso Tire Inflator Gauges, blow guns, and other air accessories that can handle this immense pressure. For general air tool use, our regulators can be dialed back to an acceptable input pressure.

Where's the 2 door mount? It's coming! We have finished round one of design and are cutting our first prototype. As long as there are no snags, we'll refine the design a bit and then hit production for a target release date of May. This design mounts using the bolts going in to the top and puts the Power Tank lower, on the ground behind the rear seats. It will fit 5 lb and 10 lb Power Tanks and select propane tank brackets with more options if you remove or fold down the rear seats.

I hope I can answer some questions in the replies.

Use "Bronco6G" at checkout for 10% off any complete Power Tank system.

We have Bronco Packages available in 5 lb, 10 lb, and 15 lb. These all use our most popular Package B as a base and adds the Bronco Plate. The bundle includes a complete Power Tank system, Super Flex Hose, Upgraded Super Coupler, complete Bronco Mount, Ventoso HD Tire Inflator with case, and a new Carbon Regulator Cover. Lmtd lifetime warranty on the bottle, regulator, and handle; 5 year warranty on the Ventoso Tire Inflator.

5 lb: https://powertank.com/products/5-lb-bronco-edition-power-tank
10 lb: https://powertank.com/products/10-lb-bronco-edition-power-tank
15 lb: https://powertank.com/products/15-lb-bronco-edition-power-tank

Tire inflation chart: https://powertank.com/pages/tire-air-up-chart

General recommendations:
For tire emergencies and a few trips on stock tires - 5 lb Power Tank
Up to 35" tires - 10 lb Power Tank
35"+ - 15 lb Power Tank or 10 lb Power Tank with a second 10 lb rotation bottle
Ordered just now - Also snagged one of the royal purple knobs while I can still get it as it looks pretty nice! Thanks for posting!
Sponsored

OP
OP
PTTyler

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered just now - Also snagged one of the royal purple knobs while I can still get it as it looks pretty nice! Thanks for posting!
Thank you for the business!

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never even saw this thread. I ordered this yesterday!:love:

brentmid

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love my powetank! I have using the speed bag to carry mine around. I have the rear cargo enclosure, so that limits me from being able to have it upright. Just wish it was easier to get it fill around me, only place that will touch is the fire extinguisher company.
I have the Diabolical Slipstream installed and was wondering about this myself. Is it mountable horizontally on a molle panel if I put it on foldable wall near the rear seats?

OP
OP
PTTyler

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Diabolical Slipstream installed and was wondering about this myself. Is it mountable horizontally on a molle panel if I put it on foldable wall near the rear seats?
Yes, you can mount a Power Tank in any orientation while the valve is closed. However, in order to prevent liquid CO2 from flowing out of the valve and through the system, you either need to stand the Power Tank up during use or have us install a snorkel tube which is an optional add-on at time of purchase. The snorkel tube will allow you to use the Power Tank horizontally while it is mounted as well as vertically if you need to take it out of the mount.

https://powertank.com/products/snorkel-tube-upgrade

Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dogo supervised the install. Fire extinguisher enroute.

Ford Bronco New part: Mount for Power Tanks, propane tanks, fire extinguisher bracket 7F940CA8-CA3D-4A5B-B9F5-F2CCAA0E6F0C

OP
OP
PTTyler

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the foreman approves of your work! Thank you for your business and happy wheeling!

OP
OP
PTTyler

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BroncoPlate5lbPropane_480x480.png

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you, Tyler. Unfortunately, I was worried this bracket would be an issue for storage. I'm having a drawer/fridge rail system built that this mount would get in the way of.

What I do really like is your custom rollbar brackets. Only ones I've seen like that for Bronco. Does PT have a solution to mount the tank 45 degrees in line with the rollbar at an angle? I'm just trying to get it mounted high and above the storage area.

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any way to get a passenger side mount for a 2D? I don't care about the cubby or light - I removed the drivers side rear seat and would like to keep that side clear for the pup.

OP
OP
PTTyler

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you, Tyler. Unfortunately, I was worried this bracket would be an issue for storage. I'm having a drawer/fridge rail system built that this mount would get in the way of.

What I do really like is your custom rollbar brackets. Only ones I've seen like that for Bronco. Does PT have a solution to mount the tank 45 degrees in line with the rollbar at an angle? I'm just trying to get it mounted high and above the storage area.
There's always the passenger side but I assume you've already thought of that. I run into the same problem.

The trouble we have with the roll bar is that our Bronco clamps end up being wider than the ones we've used for years so they don't fit up to the back of the brackets PLUS Ford decided having a slight curve in the roll bar was the best solution for everyone. Having said that, by all means, drill new holes in the bracket for roll bar clamps. That would be the easiest solution.

If I have time this week, I'll give you the first peek of a MOLLE plate we've been working on.

OP
OP
PTTyler

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any way to get a passenger side mount for a 2D? I don't care about the cubby or light - I removed the drivers side rear seat and would like to keep that side clear for the pup.
It all depends on demand. We only developed a Driver side because we knew the take rate was going to be less than that of the four door.

We do have a 2 door specific roll bar clamp if you wanted to DIY something. We have them available, just haven't had time to get them up on the website, yet.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It all depends on demand. We only developed a Driver side because we knew the take rate was going to be less than that of the four door.

We do have a 2 door specific roll bar clamp if you wanted to DIY something. We have them available, just haven't had time to get them up on the website, yet.
Im interested in the roll bar clamp, well assuming it works for me

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I have time this week, I'll give you the first peek of a MOLLE plate we've been working on.
^This !
I am hoping for a MOLLE panel that clamps on the outside of the roll bar because I have an American Adventure Labs rear shelf.
Sponsored