Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I still contend that A51 is going to act like a lighter version of Toyota's Cavalry Blue. Bright sun lightens it up and shadows makes it darker and warmer. I've lived with Cavalry Blue for two years and I get more compliments on the color that any other vehicle I've owned. I think A51 will be similar. Oh and it goes well with the MIC top, so win-win.
I was thinking about getting a Tacoma, but I think they stopped offering the Cavary Blue, which is gorgeous in person.
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking about getting a Tacoma, but I think they stopped offering the Cavary Blue, which is gorgeous in person.
I agree! I saw one about a week ago for the first time and it was awesome! I saw it at night though, and I didn't feel it changed color much from the pictures I see of it in the day. Area 51 seems like a completely different animal to me and that's why I can't commit to it. I just want it to appear bright blue 99% of the time and I will be happy.

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How am I supposed to pick between Cactus Gray and A51 if they both look drastically different in every photo I see?

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks. So best way to describe is a slightly desaturated robins egg blue with a touch of teal?
Teal moves in the direction of green and I don’t detect very much green in the color. Robin’s egg blue is a bit too bright but closer. I would say it has a bit of grey in it to tone down how vibrant robins egg blue is.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve seen it in person. This pic (which I took) is what it looks like in person.
Ford Bronco New Photos: Area 51 Badlands in the Snow! Nd9GcRqQ_6_sFlgFgucxELrRh_kYOvpCDQq3HBXlg&usqp=CAU
But this picture looks different on my home screen vs my screen at work . :)

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. That’s good to know for when the car is under direct light.

Do you have any other pics in the shade that you would say are an accurate representation when the color isn’t in direct sun? Or are there other pics out there that you would attest to?
This was the best video (On my monitor) that showed what I saw in person

PNWB2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This color looks great in the snow! I ended up swapping my Bronco order for a '21 Ranger (decided to replace my truck with another truck and needed towing capacity), however I would have gotten this color if it were available. They brought over catcus grey to the Rangers, but not A51. Ended up getting mine in Velocity Blue.

Sponsored

stueyd

Black Diamond
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So excited to see Area 51 on the two door. Take off the brush guard and give me the upgraded wheels and I’ll take it today.
100%. Would love to see the 2 door A51 without a top as well. Throw on a roof basket and a trailer package and I'm good to go.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
KC...here's an honest question for you regarding the aluminum exterior & hand waxing.

Somewhere on the forum is a Bronco picture with a small dent on the hood from someone closing the hood & locking it down. How thin/delicate is this exterior plating? Its giving me some concern about rubbing the carnuba on & off.

@Rick Astley ...I'll copy you too since you do a ton of this
Meaning how thick is the primer coat, paint coat and clear coat?

We're talking microns. And tri-coats tend (in general) to be a little thicker due to the process and clears. Again, we're talking microns.
Or how thick is the sheet metal Ford uses? I haven't had the opportunity to run a sheet metal thickness gauge on it, however i've been meaning to test the material thickness feature on my paint micron sensor. Just need non-freezing, non-raining day to wash the Ranger and test it out! (no guarantees on when that is happening given the holiday season)

I will say that the Ranger has 4 small dents in it that PDR will remove in seconds. I'm shocked at how easily it is to dent the Ranger even compared to the 2018 Mazda 6 I drive daily that has withstood the same type impacts from the same objects in the garage without so much as a surface blemish, let alone moving metal!
Sponsored