First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Or how thick is the sheet metal Ford uses?
yeah....that's what I was getting at. And in addition to thickness, this material is aluminum - so I don't know if that adds/detracts from robustness.

And I really don't know if/how Ranger or other products use aluminum. I know cars like Mustang, for example, would gain strength from all their curved metal...but Bronco will have a lot of flat sheeting.

thoughts???
Sponsored

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s true that this forum is having a fit over A51; myself included. And, there’ll still be far more White and Silver ones than anything else; probably black too.
But I hear you, even though I live in a tiny town where, I mean, HOW many of these could there actually be for the first year or so? Maybe a lot. Maybe not.
I think it’s a great color , however I live in a big town with some biiiiiig spenders. I’ve got a feeling they’ll be everywhere when they come out

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yeah....that's what I was getting at. And in addition to thickness, this material is aluminum - so I don't know if that adds/detracts from robustness.

And I really don't know if/how Ranger or other products use aluminum. I know cars like Mustang, for example, would gain strength from all their curved metal...but Bronco will have a lot of flat sheeting.

thoughts???
Ranger has aluminum fenders, hood and roof(? on roof). None of the aluminum panels have taken damage (yet), the steel panels haven't "wowed" me.

But then again, I can sit on the hood of my classics without worry. That pre-korean-war metal is strong!

With aluminum it's "stronger" than metal of same thickness, so they can go thinner gauge material. However, none of that means squat for surface impacts. Dents like butter either way with modern cars. Just a fact of life. Make friends with a local PDR vendor who owns their own truck! Best beer money you ever spent if you only have modern cars and can't stand dents.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks. That’s good to know for when the car is under direct light.

Do you have any other pics in the shade that you would say are an accurate representation when the color isn’t in direct sun? Or are there other pics out there that you would attest to?
Here is a picture of the Area 51 Bronco not in the direct sunlight. Note the open doors. The front door is unshaded and the back door is shaded.
You can get an idea of the difference in the color with shade versus unshaded. Also, the color tends to get more grayish in the shade as seen in the hood in the other picture. Bottom line: More blueish in the sun, more grayish in the shade.
Ford Bronco New Photos: Area 51 Badlands in the Snow! 7B6767F9-D012-4EE9-BD45-F9532DC1320E

Ford Bronco New Photos: Area 51 Badlands in the Snow! CCF252A0-D572-4EC2-8973-8A31CC4ECC9D

Last edited:

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks KC...I appreciate you having a look. I don't intend to plant my ass up there...but good to know they won't crumple during a wax job like aluminum foil :)

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very cool.
He’s my trail riding buddy. We’re usually out at least every other weekend. He’s autistic and speaks very little (5 yrs old now), but one of his happiest spots is in his booster riding the trails with dad, especially when the top is off. That’s why dad needs to get the right color. (Mom actually approves of this one, and she hates it when I bring up “that damn bronco” ?).
Ford Bronco New Photos: Area 51 Badlands in the Snow! 4EB72555-5617-4270-9EC7-5EB1765477B3
Ford Bronco New Photos: Area 51 Badlands in the Snow! BF2C8998-052A-46A5-911B-25B4B195E110

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He’s my trail riding buddy. We’re usually out at least every other weekend. He’s autistic and speaks very little (5 yrs old now), but one of his happiest spots is in his booster riding the trails with dad, especially when the top is off. That’s why dad needs to get the right color. (Mom actually approves of this one, and she hates it when I bring up “that damn bronco” ?).
Ford Bronco New Photos: Area 51 Badlands in the Snow! BF2C8998-052A-46A5-911B-25B4B195E110
Looks like a great kid. Hopefully your wife will come around to your obsession with the Bronco ?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like a great kid. Hopefully your wife will come around to your obsession with the Bronco ?
She’s happier with this than the gladiators I was looking at before. At least the bronco she pretends to listen. I may be a tad obsessive-compulsive and over analyzing the shit out of everything. Allegedly ???‍♂.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And its actually on the BFGs. Im glad every person on here is getting A51 thats really gonna make my VB 2dr pop amongst the primer gray, I mean A51.
I checked out Velocity Blue on a Mustang in the summer time. I literally had to wear sunglasses to look at it. It doesn't need any help "popping". :LOL:

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4EB72555-5617-4270-9EC7-5EB1765477B3.jpeg
BF2C8998-052A-46A5-911B-25B4B195E110.jpeg

Awesome!!! is that kids tongue Area 51?
Sponsored