Sponsored

New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
32.3” from face of tailgate to hump, plus another ~6” if you include the hump

EDIT: I am knocking off 1/3" from from 32.6" to 32.3". The hatch is 15.4" but includes a 1/3" bulge into the outer trim piece. So when you scale the perimeter of the cargo space, that 1:1 ratio is really 15.1", not 15.4". So 15.1 + 15.4 + 1.8 = 32.3"

Based on yesterday’s photos below of the 4 door cargo area, it looks like the cargo box hatch is identical on the 2 door and 4 door. Same size, same design around the pull strap, and it bows out a bit by the front, etc. no way Ford has two different hatches that look so similar....and VIOLA...we have a tape measured photo of the hatch on the 2 door. That’s the smoking gun. The hatch is 15.4” per the tape measure. Going back to the new 4 door photos, using a ruler tool in various places (not sure if perspective is throwing this off) but ruler had 2.8 units for the hatch and 2.8 units from hatch to hump. So the hatch looks to be exactly half the depth of the load floor. That’s 30.8”...plus the border by the tailgate. Going back to tape measure photo, the border between the hatch and tailgate is 1.8”. So from face of tailgate to hump is 32.6”. Consistent with others also estimating 33”. If you include the hump you pick up another 6” or so but lose some of that given the slope of the seat back.

Again not sure if the perspective is throwing me off since visually the hatch looks like a hair or two more than half the depth from hump to border, which means maybe we lose half an inch or so in total depth. But I’ll leave you guys to decide.

FYI we also have a tape measured width on the 2 door which is 43”. The height is estimated at 26” to top of seats (which is a few inches above the belt line). So excluding the space you pick up from the area over the hump, that’s 32.6 x 43 x 26 = 36,447 cubic inches or 21.1 cubic feet of usable cargo to top of seats. This may block a little of your view out the back window since the seats are slightly higher, but not much given the tire location. I’m giving no credit to the space past the hump, given the angle of the seats, and because you lose some space with the bump out on the left side of tailgate. So realistically, it’s slightly higher than 21.1 cubic feet. That’s pretty good. Bigger than an X5 if you do the math. The cargo is very shallow but you pick it back up in height.

This was the last missing link to place my order. Happy with the results since we previously estimated around 33”...reality is closer to 32” to be conservative, plus some added space over the hump. Probably averages 35-36” taking into account the hump and angle of the seat.

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump E91066BB-226B-45E2-AA30-94C314990363
Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump E9938432-7AB1-4FF9-B8FA-2E694C8FF9F6
Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump B60325DE-BE19-47D4-BB94-B8A27D1EB7ED
Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump 84B66A3B-BA93-46A4-A9C2-5F8AACDB6E95

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump 425A4755-8858-4732-901E-E1E638E6C0D5

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump FDF40F46-C49B-4D46-81F1-F099D04F8F3A
Sponsored

Last edited:

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is some mad scientist stuff. I love it. Currently waffling between a 2 door High badlands, or a 4 door Black Diamond Sasquatch which are both right around my budget. Logic tells me I’ll never wish I had less space, but the extra gizmos in the high package and BL keep tempting me and making me think I can survive with just a 2 door.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stupid question...what is this? Also i don’t see holes/attachment point for the fold down table on the tailgate? Do you have to drill for it? I know i had to do that for my Jeep and wasn’t happy with it...

8336F5D7-8CA2-409E-B761-163CB2ED8D0B.jpeg

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stupid question...what is this? Also i don’t see holes/attachment point for the fold down table on the tailgate? Do you have to drill for it? I know i had to do that for my Jeep and wasn’t happy with it...
12 volt outlet, plus a small light to illuminate the cargo area.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Funny, this is so similar to a G wagon. I looked into the G wagon cargo as a comparison because I knew it was shallow and tall. Both the G wagon and Bronco have this weird hump. And a cargo depth that’s like 8” shallower than other mid size trucks. But since the spare is on the tailgate the load floor is very low, and you pick up all of the volume back in height. Here’s a snippet from the G wagon forum I found since guys were driving themselves nuts not having the dimensions with and without the hump.

same exact thing. About a 7” hump at a 45 degree angle with an uneven load floor with the seats folded....looking at you Ford...

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump 353D279E-9E5A-440A-8C53-085208390509

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump 23D3D8B3-3363-41BC-8A03-90F762673500

Last edited:

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

8336F5D7-8CA2-409E-B761-163CB2ED8D0B.jpeg
12v power and a light

And yes, probably have to drill for the fold down table.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump 23D3D8B3-3363-41BC-8A03-90F762673500
12v power and a light

And yes, probably have to drill for the fold down table.
No need to drill holes.

The plastic trim piece on the tailgate that hides the wiring pops off revealing mounting holes, you can see the slots on the bottom of the tailgate as well.

Ford has stated the tailgate is “accessory ready” for the table or the molle panel. No way you’ll need to drill holes.

I have a fold down table on my Jeep. These little plastic tabs are inserted into those slots, then the table is mounted to the tabs. (The tabs expand to grab the tail gate.)

For the record I do *not* know for certain how the Ford table will mount, but if you have to drill holes for it, I’ll eat my hat.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No need to drill holes.

The plastic trim piece on the tailgate that hides the wiring pops off revealing mounting holes, you can see the slots on the bottom of the tailgate as well.

Ford has stated the tailgate is “accessory ready” for the table or the molle panel. No way you’ll need to drill holes.

I have a fold down table on my Jeep. These little plastic tabs are inserted into those slots, then the table is mounted to the tabs. (The tabs expand to grab the tail gate.)

For the record I do *not* know for certain how the Ford table will mount, but if you have to drill holes for it, I’ll eat my hat.
This is what i had on my Jeep and had to drill it to the tailgate 🤦‍♂️ Hopefully won’t have to on the Bronco..

366DEAD1-0212-49F3-9002-BC97C6A48042.jpeg

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what i had on my Jeep and had to drill it to the tailgate 🤦‍♂️ Hopefully won’t have to on the Bronco..

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump 366DEAD1-0212-49F3-9002-BC97C6A48042
Oh man.

I’ve got the shelf and cargo rack/bin holder things in my Jeep from Springtail solutions and they’re outstanding. Didn’t have to drill a single hole for any of their stuff.

Their stuff is actually what I’m going to miss most when I transition to the Bronco.

http://store.springtailsolutions.com/Jeep-JK_c_21.html

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also makes me think of a small advantage of the MIC top over the mod top. Since the cargo is shallow, and height means everything, if you want to load your cargo up to the top of the back seats it will be a couple inches taller than the windows. Not having removable rear quarter windows may be a good thing, so cargo doesn’t bang up on the release button for the windows. I may sound crazy by saying that, but the badlands overlander did have a shelf to stack things higher (for the same reason) and opted to have panels instead of windows. So they took it a step further. From removable windows, to fixed windows, to no windows.

Sponsored

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also makes me think of a small advantage of the MIC top over the mod top. Since the cargo is shallow, and height means everything, if you want to load your cargo up to the top of the back seats it will be a couple inches taller than the windows. Not having removable rear quarter windows may be a good thing, so cargo doesn’t bang up on the release button for the windows. I may sound crazy by saying that, but the badlands overlander did have a shelf to stack things higher (for the same reason) and opted to have panels instead of windows. So they took it a step further. From removable windows, to fixed windows, to no windows.
The main purpose of the shelf in the back is so you can access stuff on the bottom of the cargo area without having to remove everything. Pretty useful. A lot of them can lock too so nobody can steal your stuff when the top is off.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is from the Overland 4 door making the rounds at events. I don’t know if you can tell anything from the pic, but here it is.
Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump F0F8CEA4-9C19-4CF0-BE3C-6344C3964F98
since it’s a fold down, mounting screws might be inside 🤔also looks like it’s blocking the black plastic piece on top. That would be a pain in the ass if you need to access the wiring for the 3rd brake light, back up camera, etc..😬😬can’t think of any other way to mount that without drilling 🤔🤔

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like the tailgate design has changed since the Overland concept was released. Notice the row of slots in the Overland below and the lack of them in the KOH Bronco. The Overland is bolted at the top inside the area of the black plastic like @ZackDanger suggested. However the redesigned bottom slots probably solve any bottom mounting issues from the Overland.
Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump 1612795398469

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump 1612795661669