John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure hoping that the prototype dude was off that day....and that they'd just sell me the unit with no top so I can just go to BesTop.
That is a BesTop - enjoy.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is a BesTop - enjoy.
I doubt it. Factory are being made by Westbaco (I usually screw up their name, hope that's it now) in MI.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My issue at that point becomes price. The BD 4 door equipped how I want is about 45k, right at the ceiling of what I want to spend. I don’t think it’s wise to justify an additional 5k to add squatch on top of it, at least for my situation and uses of the vehicle.
Agree! If you're trying to stay near your budget then it's a toss up. I'm trying to make my decision on the items I can't reasonably get after market. (engine, transmission, interior, suspension). As long as I can balance those out, then I can always add a little bigger tire or shift to a hard top... So I will be going with BD or BL honestly. BD Sas or BL stock 33s...maybe Sas lol

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I go back and forth between the same setups too. Sasquatch on the BD is just far enough out of budget range! I really think I would not be happy on 32s though. Sasquatch just looks right in my opinion, so I'm leaning towards base. Lol I'll probably change my mind a couple thousand more times though.
I wouldn't do it based on if you can afford Sasquatch or not. You can always upgrade your tires later if its just the looks you're after. Going down to base changes a lot of other things interior, exterior, and equipment. I'd rather have Black Diamond and upgrade tires later on than lose everything else.

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aaron, I have all of those do-dads on my Jeep, and my Ranger. After driving the wife's car (with that stuff) I knew it was a must have on my other rides. One of the best IMHO is the "cross-traffic" detectors. They help a bunch when you're parked beside a larger vehicle, and you can't see up or down the parking lanes. And, yes the blind spot detectors are now a must for me also. You damn near can't see anything to your side in her Mustang convertible, and they are a definite added layer of safety in the others. Well worth the added cost for me. So, all those new fangled do-dads will be on my Bronco also. For all the nay-sayers you're right. I have no shame. :)
If only they would allow me to be safe with a manual transmission...jokes aside blind spot and cross traffic are fantastic and I wish they offered them with a manual. Lane keep assist is super annoying in my subaru. I have to turn the thing off every time I go somewhere.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If only they would allow me to be safe with a manual transmission...jokes aside blind spot and cross traffic are fantastic and I wish they offered them with a manual.
It hurts my heart that I have only one Like to give.

The vehicle I buy is likely to be what my child learns to drive on. It is going to have all the safety tech available, and it is going to have three pedals. I *really* hope it’s also a Bronco.

Edit: Also, nice A51 photo.

TheRealJyushi

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigvalleyford.biz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one that absolutely hates the optional wheels on the BD? I think the black steelies give it tons of character....like this rugged, utilitarian vehicle. I'd even go as far to say the optional BD wheels are probably the worst looking in the entire 2/4 door lineup.

HobbyPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People bemoan the "nannies" like they think it makes them look cooler. Honestly, they are not perfect, but if they slightly up the percentage chance that me or my family will live through a terrible traffic accident, I'd take them a million times over.
Mine just today almost caused me to get into an accident. Car in front of me slammed on their brakes with no signal because they almost missed their turn. I looked to my left saw no cars in the left lane and quickly swerved. Well the car thought I wasn't paying attention and SLAMMED on the brakes on my car causing me to turn too far almost hitting the curb. At which point the car that was really far back in the left lane was quickly approaching now so I had to floor it to get out of their way. Without the "safety" features I would have changed lanes and been on my way no problem at all. I don't think it makes me cool to not want the nannies. I just pay attention to the road myself and I think it is difficult to process not only what people around me are doing but all of the possible things that my car might think it wants to do.

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m not a fan of the idea of nannies because I’m a very attentive driver. Hands at 10 & 2, seldom go fast.

But I love the idea of nannies for others. Drivers in NY-NJ-CT are the absolute worst. They’re utter shit, but think they’re all NASCAR-worthy.

Funny how all of us are really good drivers, but that others aren't. Not sure how that math really works out. smile.

NavynutZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That photos makes Area 51 look so good. I'm conflicted on this color still
Same here. I stopped by The dealership where I reserve my Bronco to take a look at a broncosport that was Area 51. Still don't know what color I want, but this picture makes me lean to the side of getting it

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
K02s are stock on Badlands for a reason.

I wouldn't be able to type here, if it wasn't for K02s.
I've ridden on them for the majority of my life, and can even vouch for the BFGs sitting on my car right now.
$240 is equal to the top brands and competitors - not cheap, go to TireRack for this reference.
Less than $190 would be cheap for 1 tire.

The other plus - they look great too with the white lettering.
I got the KO2s on my 96 Bronco for $700 mounted in Hawaii where everything is expensive. They wear fast and cake up with mud instantly. They are alright in the sand. The only reason I got em is it was the only A/T or better tire available on island that day when my tires that were on it (older KO2s) had both a slow leak and a thorn puncture on 2 different tires. Basically they may last 2 years here where we dont actually drive alot of miles. And they are thin compared to M/Ts. But they were cheap and I could get em that day. Would've ordered something better like Komodo Gts or something but needed them that day since I have 2 leaks and only 1 marginal spare.
Sponsored