Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool. Marines like shiny tings and helping out our Uber drivers. When do you expect them to be available?
I should have gone with the standard Crayola 8 pack colorway on this. :LOL: I am expecting to finish in about 3 weeks.

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pretty cool idea and way more reasonable than those guys who want to charge $600 for an accessory rail.
I am in the process of validating this with various photography accessory rails. I want to be able to use inexpensive rails and accessories from Amazon and have the installation still look clean and cohesive.

Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates Cold shoe rail
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates Nato attachment

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am in the process of validating this with various photography accessory rails. I want to be able to use inexpensive rails and accessories from Amazon and have the installation still look clean and cohesive.

I really just like the idea of adding a pop of color to the cabin

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here was the first prototype. Its a simple 3D printed shape. I used this to verify my overall dimensions, visualize camera arm positions and, observe positioning of camera arms.
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates 3D Print Latch Prototype

The OEM latch plate has two posts on the underside to keep it in position. I realized it would be a required feature in the next prototype.

Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates Aluminum latch prototype

In this version I implemented the removeable adapter plate, the registry on the bottom and marked out clearance for ball mounts up to 30 mm. I was worried the aluminum strike surface would deteriorate the plastic latch so I decided to go with a Delrin base in the next version.
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates Pre Production Latch Prototype

Here the overall configuration is complete, and I moved on the finalizing the hardware and surface features of the adapter plate. I am waiting on the preproduction prototype to come back from anodizing. When it arrives ill post an update.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed prototype.
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates 20230610_174638

Installed a spare camera arm I had laying around
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates 20230610_174856
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates 20230610_174816

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I want to start off by thanking everyone in B6G. Every purchase has allowed me the space to design, experiment and prototype. I am a single Navy dad sometimes life is hard and your support has allowed me to chase my childhood dream of being an inventor. A bit of an ambiguous dream but I like to make stuff and it feels good to see people enjoying the fruits of my work.

So here it is!

Ok.. Well what is this? TLDR: its a awesome looking aftermarket latch plate that adds modularity and functionality to the OEM hard top latch plate (edit by popular demand). It is made from Delrin, a durable self lubricating plastic and 6061 T6 Al, a versatile aluminum ally widely used in huge range of products.

In the above photo the blue plate is interchangeable with other adapters I will be developing. The current version has a stainless steel 1/4"-20 nut commonly used in mounting solutions for action cams, photography and cinemaphotography. What that means is you will have an excellent mounting solution for hundreds of accessories currently available. From a $5 20mm ball mount on Amazon to the beautiful mounting solutions made by forum sponsors this Mod will provide you with a beautiful functional interface.
OEM part on the left. Early aluminum prototype on the right.

Here is an example of some camera arms being used to capture the perfect angle when documenting your adventures. This is especially useful for me as I love to deliver a steady stream of great grand kid photos to family.

It will be extremely useful to Bronco centric content creators as well. When picking shots angles are key and this gives you additional mounting points to choose from.

This is just the beginning and the first step in a modular modding system I have planned. Not just for camera accessories but cabin lights, gear storage, accessory power delivery, anything I can think of.

I plan to launch next week after my current sale ends. So if you're intrigued by this product and would like to contribute to future developments Head over to ModCrate and check out the Anodized Aluminum Latch bushings. If you'd like to see them installed browse this B6G thread and view some user rigs.

Thank you again I look forward to your feedback and suggestions. You can follow me at ModCrate on Instagram and ModCrate on Facebook.

P.S. Watch this thread as I am going to post about the prototyping and development process. I think that will be helpful to anyone wanting to make their own products!

Ordered the latch bushings in track orange. Very quick shipping, literally received them within 5 days of placing the order. That said, please make these in that color to continue my Oklahoma State theme 😉. The track orange is also a pretty close match to the @Rockworkx thumb screw bolts for the hard top.
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates IMG_3093
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates IMG_3095
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates 70811184548__351DCE03-9369-4A93-BE7F-0A5A7D9A8912
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates IMG_3112
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates IMG_3113
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates IMG_3114
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates IMG_1100
Ford Bronco [New Product By ModCrate!] Modular Latch Plates IMG_0622

Sponsored
OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have started the pre order. These are sold in packs of one you can buy them in a set but if you're a minimum viable solution kinda person you can swap one to driver or passenger position.

Modular Latch Plate

Take advantage of the popup discount if you havent subscribed to my news letter.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have started the pre order. These are sold in packs of one you can buy them in a set but if you're a minimum viable solution kinda person you can swap one to driver or passenger position.

Modular Latch Plate

Take advantage of the popup discount if you havent subscribed to my news letter.
These are sharp looking Russ. Just pre-ordered a set. Thank you for the discount.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any chance to get these in track orange? Need to match the bushings.
I will 100% for the production run. I had to budget the final prototypes to these colors. I've already set money aside to make sure I get all colors I already offer.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just placed my order!! Happy to buy from a fellow squid. (y)
Have a fine, fine Bronco day!!
Sponsored