First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you Mike @Dirtydog I got my Headliner today and installed immediately. Installation was easy and very fast. I'm not a freeze baby so saw never worried about keeping it warmer inside but I HATE the noise. I am praying this cuts down on the wind noise. I will let you know soon how it does on a windy winter day in Minnesota.
Sponsored

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well to say the least I am more that pleased, I am elated!!! It does keep things warmer which again was never a concern for me. It does significantly quiet down the cabin when driving!! On a windy day you either yelled to communicate with the rear passengers or waited to talk when you got the next stoplight or stop sign. With the headliner installed we can have a normal conversation while driving. This has helped address one of my most disappointing Bronco Owner issues.

@Dirtydog Thank you so much for creating a great product!!

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well to say the least I am more that pleased, I am elated!!! It does keep things warmer which again was never a concern for me. It does significantly quiet down the cabin when driving!! On a windy day you either yelled to communicate with the rear passengers or waited to talk when you got the next stoplight or stop sign. With the headliner installed we can have a normal conversation while driving. This has helped address one of my most disappointing Bronco Owner issues.

@Dirtydog Thank you so much for creating a great product!!
strange,I can talk to back seat passengers with top down.

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
strange,I can talk to back seat passengers with top down.
With the top down it was actually better because air moves freely. When the top is up air movement is restricted to the nooks and crannies and the volume is increased. All I can say is that the ride is much quieter.

Sponsored

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This looks pretty good. I have a KIngCamp synthetic down blanket that I toss on top of the gearshade but this is far better.
@710-oil-614 , thanks for the tip! I did this mod and it either added a few HP or made a noticeable sound diff at highway speeds cause I definitely found myself driving about 5mph faster than normal on my last road trip. Even wife noticed the decrease in road noise.

This will tide me over till @Dirtydog solves supply chain issues...

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@710-oil-614 , thanks for the tip! I did this mod and it either added a few HP or made a noticeable sound diff at highway speeds cause I definitely found myself driving about 5mph faster than normal on my last road trip. Even wife noticed the decrease in road noise.

This will tide me over till @Dirtydog solves supply chain issues...
Awesome! Yeah it made a huge difference to end last winter after I picked it up.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed today and got a small amount of around-town and slower freeway (55mph) driving in. In 40 degree weather.

This is an A+ product and company all around. Down to the details like including a socket.

Just a few things, most which have already been said.

Sound deadening is noticeable. Especially w/ music on and while on the phone. You also hear more engine noise (in a good way).

Cabin is signifigantly warmer. I actually turned the heat off at one point.

Installation was very easy. Like others have said, its possible to install w/ the top in the sunroof position. That said, in retrospect, it would be much easier to install w/ the top fully retracted. I probably spent the same amount of time adjusting/keeping it from falling off the roll bar as I saved by not removing the windows.

Lastly - did I miss a step? What are the two bolts for? I have hard top prep kit, FWIW.

top.jpg
I just installed mine, I had the same 2 bolts leftover. Not sure if they are just there in case I didn't have bolts in the 2 locations where I reused them or what....

On a side note, I drove it to work this morning after the install and it was noticeably quieter. I could have the radio on 8 on the freeway section, where before I had to crank it 10 or 12. It may be searching for validation, but I think the radio sounds better now too.

Reactions: bhb

silentd74

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX, 20 Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got my order on Black Friday, installed on Saturday. We road tested almost immediately and the road noise is now only a few decibels louder than my Edge ST. Tested at 75 mph on the interstate and it was much nicer.

My only concern with the headliner is how long will it take to stop smelling like a horse stall? It stinks, literally, from the moment I opened the plastic bag. Last thing I want to do is douse it in Fabreze because that will end up making it smell 10x worse and not remove the first odor. I left the windows down for a night with the Bronco in my garage.

I'm thinking about setting off a Meguiar's air freshener to see if that will help. We're about to get a cold front again so windows won't be down. I'll at least get to check out if my head will feel less cold air / cold moving air.

Overall very happy with the purchase @Dirtydog and shipping was crazy fast. Thankful I got one of the last from this round as nice days will be few and far between from here out for a few months.

Just have to get rid of the Carriage house smell in my 2022 with 1300 miles on it. 🤣

Last edited:

Sponsored

silentd74

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX, 20 Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's definitely the headliner. You can place your head closer to the seats and it still has that new car smell. Raise up and it gets stronger as you get closer. The fresh neoprene smell or something, but it's not pleasant. Fingers crossed it goes away.

CarlosRapa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Broco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's definitely the headliner. You can place your head closer to the seats and it still has that new car smell. Raise up and it gets stronger as you get closer. The fresh neoprene smell or something, but it's not pleasant. Fingers crossed it goes away.
@silentd74 Maybe we have a super sense of smell... you are not alone, it is very noticeable. Did it go away for you?

silentd74

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX, 20 Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@silentd74 Maybe we have a super sense of smell... you are not alone, it is very noticeable. Did it go away for you?
It has gotten weaker so I'm hopeful by next weekend it'll be a memory. I am not a smoker and I do have a strong sense of smell.

ChipM

Outer Banks
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 4 Door SD, 00 4 Door SD, 65 Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I have had mine for about 2 weeks now. Wish I had a nifty way to measure noise but trust me its a help. Kids can work Alexa from the rear seat again so all is right with the world!

Installed super easy. 1 bracket cracked but customer service had the replacement to me next biz day.

I would buy this all day and recomend this company too.
Sponsored