Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The included harness will allow you to have these come on when any of the doors are opened. There is also a separate pigtail that you can run to your factory upfitter or aftermarket aux switches.
So they will come on of a door is opened, will they also work with the in dash dome light control or do you hook them up to a aux switch?

Still thinking mid-month?
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they will come on of a door is opened, will they also work with the in dash dome light control or do you hook them up to a aux switch?

Still thinking mid-month?
No dome light switch trigger.
Door open close and/or switch (factory aux upfitters or aftermarket)

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The included harness will allow you to have these come on when any of the doors are opened. There is also a separate pigtail that you can run to your factory upfitter or aftermarket aux switches.
Great to know. Like other have said maybe consider a whole package with the cargo light included.

Now about that pull cord for the rear latches. ;)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did watch the video. Didn’t see anything about powering to the switches. Guess it shouldn’t be that hard. I haven’t messed with any of the switches yet so we’ll see.
You talking about the video in post #168.

I swear they made a video specifically to answer all the questions everyone was having about how these things wire up and your options on how to trigger them.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You talking about the video in post #168.

I swear they made a video specifically to answer all the questions everyone was having about how these things wire up and your options on how to trigger them.
Posting that video up again since it gets buried in the thread.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was the price always $99 or is that preorder special?

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Couldn't they just tap into the dome light in the 2nd row and then work like Mabett's footwell lighting?

Seems to me from Mabett's install video that the 2nd row dome light will trigger/power external, additional LEDs and have them function whenever that 2nd row dome light is used (door open or factory switch on the front dome light area)...

Of course I'm just speculating... 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Couldn't they just tap into the dome light in the 2nd row and then work like Mabett's footwell lighting?

Seems to me from Mabett's install video that the 2nd row dome light will trigger/power external, additional LEDs and have them function whenever that 2nd row dome light is used (door open or factory switch on the front dome light area)...

Of course I'm just speculating... 🤷‍♂️
Unfortunately, that is not quite how it works. Mabbett's footwell lighting is pulling constant 12v any time the key is on (or ignition circuit is live). It isn't being triggered by the dome light circuit itself, just pulling power from that location. You wouldn't want our domes on any time the key is on like the footwell lights.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately, that is not quite how it works. Mabbett's footwell lighting is pulling constant 12v any time the key is on (or ignition circuit is live). It isn't being triggered by the dome light circuit itself, just pulling power from that location. You wouldn't want our domes on any time the key is on like the footwell lights.
Key is on? Do you mean ignition?

So you're thinking Mabett's footwell lighting is always on...?

I don't think they are as the video and description says they fade off after a set of time and are triggered by the door? You'd have to wire them to a switch to have them always on... I think.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Key is on? Do you mean ignition?

So you're thinking Mabett's footwell lighting is always on...?

I don't think they are as the video and description says they fade off after a set of time and are triggered by the door? You'd have to wire them to a switch to have them always on... I think.
Yes, when ignition is on. Sorry for the terminology. Hold over from my 12V days when "key on" meant ignition on even with push-to-start vehicles.

The footwell lighting is always on when the truck is on. The three-pin wiring harness at the dome light is 12V ignition, ground, and CAN trigger. The footwell lights are tied into the 12V and ground circuits. Where it gets a little confusing is that the 12V wire is always on when the ignition is on but the circuit also wakes up and gets voltage when you open the door and voltage remains on that circuit for 2-5 minutes after shutting the truck off as the different modules go to sleep.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely buying these as soon as they’re available!

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent feedback! We are working on a cargo light option so that is already in the works. The ability to change the color of the light seems to be popular, so we will have to discuss internally whether that is something we can make work and how we would go about implementing that if we decide to move forward with it.
If we want the cargo light option should we hold off on purchasing these until the cargo light option is available? Sorry if this was answered already. The Acessory ready spot in the middle of the rear roll bar would be a great spot I think.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we want the cargo light option should we hold off on purchasing these until the cargo light option is available? Sorry if this was answered already. The Acessory ready spot in the middle of the rear roll bar would be a great spot I think.
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing, doesn't look like the current harness is expandable.

It would be nice if the rear lights were just plug and play into the existing iag harness.

bstottlemyer85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - NonSas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands