First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While using that wire and making more connections under the glovebox would work, there is absolutely no reason to. It is way more work to access those wires and make those connections, than to run a couple feet of wire to the engine bay. Why make it more difficult for absolutely no gain?
Right, I guess that glovebox connection is the kicker.

But, I have a manual and the grommet is used by the master cylinder. I have plans for Kicker Key power adapter, GMRS antenna cable and IAG lights to AUX all needing access through the firewall…
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good morning all! We added more inventory to the website this morning for both 4-door soft/2-door hardtop as well as the elusive 4-door hardtop kits.

I know many of you have been eagerly waiting for these kits to become available again. We've been working hard to make sure we have enough stock to meet the high demand, but as with our past couple of releases, we expect them to sell out quickly. So if you're interested, I encourage you to act fast.

Thank you for your continued support, and please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We're always happy to hear from you and help in any way we can!

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, I guess that glovebox connection is the kicker.

But, I have a manual and the grommet is used by the master cylinder. I have plans for Kicker Key power adapter, GMRS antenna cable and IAG lights to AUX all needing access through the firewall…
I know at some point someone posted how is MT people can run wires without using the grommet. Have you gotten any feedback? I've been holding off on my install until I figure out the aux switch.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Installed mine today and used the Aux-Only install instead of connecting to the wiring loom. This meant going through the grommet for me. On paper looks pretty straightforward but getting that wire through the hole I created in the grommet was a test of will. It’s a matter of getting a rather flimsy wire through a tight, tough and think piece of rubber. But once it’s through you have all the confidence that it’s solid and ‘sealed’.

But I did notice after a couple of drives this evening that I probably need to pull the drivers side A-Pillar cover and tie-down the IAG wiring loom in a few places as I think it’s bouncing around in there. No big deal, just pull a few cover pieces and tighten things down.

The good news: it works as advertised with no issues. Pretty bright when activated (which is why I set it via Aux-only).

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know at some point someone posted how is MT people can run wires without using the grommet. Have you gotten any feedback? I've been holding off on my install until I figure out the aux switch.
I gotta research that a bit. Planning install on Monday.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@IAG Performance Any insight on how MT owners should move wire past firewall?
The consensus is the larger boot next to that grommet closer to the fender. There is a small nipple on the top side. This boot is on both sides of the firewall. So, that alleviates my concern about space in the grommet for the few wires I’m planning (IAG lights, amp, 12v ARB, GMRS antenna). I think I can split the difference and get two through each. Only concern is I wanted to mount my ghost antenna on driver side…getting off track here.

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness C97CC8EE-59C4-4167-93F1-F83CE5496E52

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4-door hardtop is available now - just ordered!

I did a quick read through some of this thread and want to set it up so it turns on when doors open and have it connected to AUX 6 for manual use. It sounds like connecting to AUX 6 was easy for those of you that did that? This will be my first go at connecting anything to the AUX switches but it looks like there are good videos on youtube out there. Any tips for the AUX 6 connection with these lights? Looks like I'll need to order a few feet of wire to reach it?

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4-door hardtop is available now - just ordered!

I did a quick read through some of this thread and want to set it up so it turns on when doors open and have it connected to AUX 6 for manual use. It sounds like connecting to AUX 6 was easy for those of you that did that? This will be my first go at connecting anything to the AUX switches but it looks like there are good videos on youtube out there. Any tips for the AUX 6 connection with these lights? Looks like I'll need to order a few feet of wire to reach it?
Wiring to AUX switch 6 is pretty straightforward. Lot's of good writes up and videos on the web as you mentioned. All you will really need is about 3 feet of 18ga wire and an 18ga butt-connector.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can go down through the drain plug on the driver's side door. Issue is you will want a rubber grommett to put in there once you pull the OEM plug.

Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got mine installed the other day and makes a major difference. I skipped the wire loom and went straight to the Upfitter switches.

I did notice some rattling the day after once I ran some errands so went back in and taped down the wiring loom, especially down the a-pillar. Also added some felt tape under some of the covers to reduce any noises due to rubbing; removing/replacing plastic trim panels rarely does good things for NVH.

641C1873-6E37-42E1-81A8-24CCADCF9636.jpeg

F2BD341A-1D65-4C3E-8B3B-A70EC854C729.jpeg

EE0D6AE7-C82B-46AA-A738-B82D593D9E94.jpeg

8D4CFB88-3545-4775-AD97-2F652797E2D1.jpeg

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good to see I did it right...The hardest part was getting my wire through that firewall grommet...that rubber is T.O.U.G.H. But now I have full interior daylight at a flip of a switch.

tmarti13

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Brono FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good morning all! We added more inventory to the website this morning for both 4-door soft/2-door hardtop as well as the elusive 4-door hardtop kits.

I know many of you have been eagerly waiting for these kits to become available again. We've been working hard to make sure we have enough stock to meet the high demand, but as with our past couple of releases, we expect them to sell out quickly. So if you're interested, I encourage you to act fast.

Thank you for your continued support, and please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We're always happy to hear from you and help in any way we can!
Missed out on the 4 door hardtop....again. :(

Fayettenam88

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine installed today using the wiretap and the lights work great. I plan to add to my AUX 6 switch in the upcoming days. I did notice right after the installation, my door and censor warning chimes sound different and louder. Did anyone else experience this?
Sponsored