First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@redone17 Did you happen to notice if you had that same path for the wire as I did? I feel like mine shouldn't be so open to the cabin...
That hole is used by the hood release cable on mine.

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 3ECC9CE0-F384-4A9A-BA8F-2DB93B6815E5
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Super satisfied with the benefits of these lights. Another home run @IAG Performance. Perhaps a bit bright. But, not complaining. AUX is all I needed. Couple of hours max - taking my time. I think the hardest part was getting my fat fingers behind the A-pillar trim to snake the wire to the footwell.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ordered a set.

I'm assuming it has a constant power wire, then one or more trigger wires -- either via auxiliary switches or the door ajar circuit.

I'm no stranger to playing with canbus and want to learn how to design my own circuit boards. Gonna see about identifying the "dome lamp request" canbus message and providing an output to the lights alongside the aux switch. Easy enough to design using my usual Arduino+mcp2515 modules, but it'd be fun to make a single-board design on my own. Ultimate goal is so the IAG lights come on with the doors, and the factory "brightness up" dome switch, and the aux switch.

Then if it's the same network, involve that with my project to suppress the "Hands on Steering Wheel" alert ;)

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In preparation for my JTops coming in I removed the brackets from the front row lights as the bracket was going to interfere with the JTops running under the Raptor B-Pillar brace. All I did was place some double-sided tape on the backside of the light and done.

What I realized was the tape wasn’t adhering real well to the airbag cover trim and I kept knocking it around here and there. Additionally the rear lights were constantly needing to be realigned to horizontal as the long bracket in conjunction with the long light tab was just too much of a pivot to keep in place with a single bolt.

So today I had an idea: just remove the brackets and use the holes in the light tab to screw directly into the overhead pillar, sitting in the recess. All I did was remove the bracket, place some felt tape on the backside and screw directly into the overhead trim.

While it does effectively place the two lights pretty close to each other, they put out so much light that it doesn’t really affect the overall usefulness. I’ll need to see how it works at night when I need them but I prefer the clean install so much that I’m not sure I’ll go back. Additionally it helps hide the wires a little better as well.

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness IMG_4558

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness IMG_4559

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness IMG_4560

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In preparation for my JTops coming in I removed the brackets from the front row lights as the bracket was going to interfere with the JTops running under the Raptor B-Pillar brace. All I did was place some double-sided tape on the backside of the light and done.

What I realized was the tape wasn’t adhering real well to the airbag cover trim and I kept knocking it around here and there. Additionally the rear lights were constantly needing to be realigned to horizontal as the long bracket in conjunction with the long light tab was just too much of a pivot to keep in place with a single bolt.

So today I had an idea: just remove the brackets and use the holes in the light tab to screw directly into the overhead pillar, sitting in the recess. All I did was remove the bracket, place some felt tape on the backside and screw directly into the overhead trim.

While it does effectively place the two lights pretty close to each other, they put out so much light that it doesn’t really affect the overall usefulness. I’ll need to see how it works at night when I need them but I prefer the clean install so much that I’m not sure I’ll go back. Additionally it helps hide the wires a little better as well.

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness IMG_4560

Will this affect putting the hard top back on? I thought that’s why the brackets were added. If not then I am going the same route as you to support my JTop in the front. My tears have been fine.

Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Will this affect putting the hard top back on? I thought that’s why the brackets were added. If not then I am going the same route as you to support my JTop in the front. My tears have been fine.
Short Answer: No. No issues with hardtop at all.

I originally removed the front brackets as they were going to be a point of interference with the JTops and the Raptor cross-bar as the JTops goes underneath the crossbar. That didn't cause any issues whatsoever with the JTops or Hard Top as it's all completely out of the way.

From what I can tell the only real purpose/value of the IAG Brackets is to locate the light to a position that better lights up that section. Without the brackets the two lights are relatively close to each other but still are very effective for lighting up the interior. The front lights might lose some effectiveness in lighting up the front row as they're now a little behind my head but still add a ton of light on the interior when I turn them on.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Short Answer: No. No issues with hardtop at all.

I originally removed the front brackets as they were going to be a point of interference with the JTops and the Raptor cross-bar as the JTops goes underneath the crossbar. That didn't cause any issues whatsoever with the JTops or Hard Top as it's all completely out of the way.

From what I can tell the only real purpose/value of the IAG Brackets is to locate the light to a position that better lights up that section. Without the brackets the two lights are relatively close to each other but still are very effective for lighting up the interior. The front lights might lose some effectiveness in lighting up the front row as they're now a little behind my head but still add a ton of light on the interior when I turn them on.
Great Doing this today! Already have the top installed but not happy with how far the lights stick above the frame with the jtop

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Planning on installing mine soon, will be starting with just the door opening trigger. I don't have the AUX switches but curious if there is a way for me to add my my own switch somewhere? Anyone done anything like this? Or tap into the regular dome lights to have both options (I did see a post about this but seems beyond my abilities)

Badlands77

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For anyone that initially tapped the wrong wire, how did you go about repairing the cut through the insulation? (@IAG Performance )

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just installed mine this evening... tapping that wire is a total bI#$&!!
If you have automatic seats I highly recommend putting the driver seat all the way back to give yourself room to work before disconnecting the battery.

I'm just using the door open option for now but would like to connect it to a switch and a 12V power supply at some point. If anyone has done that and has any ideas on how to (fairly easily) do that please share :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
just installed mine this evening... tapping that wire is a total bI#$&!!
If you have automatic seats I highly recommend putting the driver seat all the way back to give yourself room to work before disconnecting the battery.

I'm just using the door open option for now but would like to connect it to a switch and a 12V power supply at some point. If anyone has done that and has any ideas on how to (fairly easily) do that please share :)
Do you have factory AUX switches or would you be installing a separate switch somewhere convenient on the dash?

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Lonecamper

Wildtrak
First Name
Fremi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
C
Do you have factory AUX switches or would you be installing a separate switch somewhere convenient on the dash?
Can IAG or anyone that has installed these lights per the instructions to turn on when the doors are open tell me if you are able to disable the lights the same way the factory lights are disabled with the switch on the front map lights? Or do they still turn on when the doors are opened even while the factory lights are disabled?

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
C
Can IAG or anyone that has installed these lights per the instructions to turn on when the doors are open tell me if you are able to disable the lights the same way the factory lights are disabled with the switch on the front map lights? Or do they still turn on when the doors are opened even while the factory lights are disabled?
They don't behave like the factory lights. If wired per instructions the lights will always come on when door is open.

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great Doing this today! Already have the top installed but not happy with how far the lights stick above the frame with the jtop
Doing this also...the light brackets sit up above the frame too far. I've even wondered about just removing two of the lights since they are so bright...or making an extensions for the cable and putting two of the lights further back for the cargo.
Sponsored