Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would it be possible to tap the wire up in the factory dome switch, rather that an upfitter switch? Obviously that's much more wire to route, but that would be preferred over an aux switch.
Unfortunately not. As aforementioned, the factory dome light works with the Can-bus system and can’t be tapped into.
Sponsored

Last edited:

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So as I understand the hardtop version has something to move the lights out of way from rear panels latches. Is it correct? I am asking as I am getting the @ADV Fiberglass 1 piece hardtop which doesn't have latches in the middle, so could I use the soft top version?

And the cargo light. Will it be sold separately? And how does it work? Additional harness?

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On an off topic when you opened the tailgate you pulled down on a handle that opened the soft top. Is that something that you guys are selling? Have not seen that
I noticed that too and would like to know as well!

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So as I understand the hardtop version has something to move the lights out of way from rear panels latches. Is it correct? I am asking as I am getting the @ADV Fiberglass 1 piece hardtop which doesn't have latches in the middle, so could I use the soft top version?

And the cargo light. Will it be sold separately? And how does it work? Additional harness?
I’d still recommend the hardtop version as the rear latches for the front top will be easier to access.
Cargo light will be sold separately and is plug and play. Won’t require a harness and will work as a replacement to the OEM light with the same functionality as the original light.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I noticed that too and would like to know as well!
@Browp24

It’s currently in development. What you see is a prototype. A few small details to iron out and we will begin production on them soon. Look for that early next year!

Sponsored

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On the list, curious where they connect and how they connect under the dash? Plug and Play or tap and pray?

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d still recommend the hardtop version as the rear latches for the front top will be easier to access.
Cargo light will be sold separately and is plug and play. Won’t require a harness and will work as a replacement to the OEM light with the same functionality as the original light.
Thanks. I am taking a hardtop without any removable panels, that's why I am thinking about a soft top version.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the kits come with 4 lights. You could just not install two of them if you prefer.
Put the other two on Bronco6G market place, and split the cost. (Except somebody might have to buy or devise a separate harness. Plenty of talented Bronco owners on this forum.)

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be interested if they had warm white emitters. The automotive LED lighting industry is vastly behind on tech when it comes to emitters. Cold white everything.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm saying if they had tapped into the power going directly to the existing cabin lights, then that power would flow to the existing lights and their lights at the same time. Door, or cabin switch, with no need for aux. So I'm saying, that must not be how they are getting power.
On another post, my exact point. Plus, if possible, an individual switch on each lamp. I'm thinking of my last ride, a 2009 Sienna XLE-Ltd. The interior lamps were activated 1) when any door, or the rear hatch, opened; 2) When the interior "dome" switch turned them on (all lamps)(switch located on the lower dash, left of the steering column, giving the driver absolute control over it), and 3) individually, by a local switch. Don't know how complicated that system would be on an after-market setup, but that would be ideal.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They really went 1966 with the lighting.
But in 1966 you didn't know there would be LEDs, etc. :0) Like I once heard, the WWII planes sure were low tech...Here' your sign.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry for the delay posting everyone! We shot a quick video this morning to address some frequently asked questions in this thread and on our IAG Bronco FB group. We appreciate everyone's feedback and hope that this video covers many of your questions and concerns!

Thanks for posting and for creating this kit. I was **really** hoping you'd found a way to fully integrate with the factory switch's CANBUS network, but this is still pretty good. May have to tap into one of the leads to run a LED strip on the underside of my cargo enclosure's lid...the rear dome idea is nifty, but would be obscured.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updating the description right now for clarity. 2 Door Hard tops are indeed available!
Can you share the installation instructions? I’m in northern Virginia if you need another 4 door Bronco to test. 😊

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But in 1966 you didn't know there would be LEDs, etc. :0) Like I once heard, the WWII planes sure were low tech...Here' your sign.
LEDs or not, cars back then had absolute shit lighting, just like the bronco. Now it's a simple, low energy fix and we still have a modern car that's a dark ass cave at night.

TWise

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr 2.7 Bronco Outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately not. As aforementioned, the factory dome light works with the Can-bus system and can’t be tapped into.
Sorry stupid question. I'm sure you would have mentioned that as a possibility if it was 🤦🏽‍♂️
Sponsored