Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know any other sources to tap into in order to be able to turn on and off? Are you able to tap into the stock dome lights for power?
You can tie these into an aux switch for power. You can not tap directly into the dome light circuit for power though as they are CANBUS based (meaning there is no 12v on/off signal).
Sponsored

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gave up on trying to wire tap the gray wire. I tried.. thought I had it tapped successfully, but apparently not as the lights do not come on when opening the doors. There is just so little slack in the factory wiring. It was really difficult trying to get the wire tap clip on the wire. So I am just going to leave them as a manual on/off only on one of my Aux switches. Honestly, I am fine with manual only and all I can say is DAMN these are bright and really light up the interior.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I gave up on trying to wire tap the gray wire. I tried.. thought I had it tapped successfully, but apparently not as the lights do not come on when opening the doors. There is just so little slack in the factory wiring. It was really difficult trying to get the wire tap clip on the wire. So I am just going to leave them as a manual on/off only on one of my Aux switches. Honestly, I am fine with manual only and all I can say is DAMN these are bright and really light up the interior.
You may have grabbed the gray wire with brown stripe. It looks similar. If you ever want to give it another shot and just need a motivational pep talk before you go in you can always call and talk with one of us.

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may have grabbed the gray wire with brown stripe. It looks similar. If you ever want to give it another shot and just need a motivational pep talk before you go in you can always call and talk with one of us.
That is a possibility. I tried looking but did not see a second gray wire. Out of curiosity, what is the other gray wire? I have not disconnected the tap so I am wondering what I currently have it hooked to. Of course there is a possibility that it is on the right wire but the tap just missed making a good connection. Sounds like I need to disconnect it from the tap in case I am on the wrong wire.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The grey with brown stripe wire at connector J3 is for the door locks so really not the end of the world. And just to confirm, you are looking for a light gray with purple stripe wire at the top large connector in the fusebox labeled J3.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think maybe I'll just go for Aux....when it's time. Still hard winter here.

HemyPowered

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, Land Rover LR4, BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will try my install this weekend. Can't wait- of course @IAG Performance if I could drop it at your shop....

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These definitely have my interest peaked. But also waiting on the IAG aux switch kit to become available since I forgot to tick that box from the factory lol

ted.doggett

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it was much easier to find the Gray and Violet wire by unplugging the top most harness above the J3 harness (not the black one directly above J3) and the 2 harnesses below J3. With those removed as well as the J3 connector. I was able to reach in and find where the harness wires for J3 and some of the others come together in a bundle that is secured with a push on plastic clip for a stud end on the left side wall. I pulled the harness free from the stud which allows the J3 connector to have plenty of slack to remove the tape and find the wire. I also removed the zip tie on the J3 connector to make it even easier. Very simple to put the harness back on the stud end, so I would recommend this for those that need more slack in the harness.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These definitely have my interest peaked. But also waiting on the IAG aux switch kit to become available since I forgot to tick that box from the factory lol
Wait, what tick box?

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wait, what tick box?
I forgot to option for AUX switches from the factory when I ordered my bronco.

IAG has an aftermarket aux switch panel coming soon that looks great.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I forgot to option for AUX switches from the factory when I ordered my bronco.

IAG has an aftermarket aux switch panel coming soon that looks great.
Well, hard winter here, so not installing any time soon, but decided that I'm just going for an AUX switch and be happy....if I can figure out how to do that....lol.

Mjolnir

Big Bend
First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just installed mine and I had to redo the wire tap twice to really make sure it made contact with the copper in the wire. The tap works you just gotta fiddle with it some. I did almost tap into the brown wire but thankfully I took a second look and found a correct wire. The harness is pretty tight but I managed to pull just a hair of it longer so I can cut and find the wire. It’s pretty tight though. All in all, I think it took me a little less than two hours

OBXBronco22

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

installation experience
  • Pulling panels was easy and no damage (never done this before)
  • Running wires was easy until trying to fish it through to the fuse box area… that part took me forever I don’t know why 😆
  • I kinda peeled and pulled the tape up rather than cut it all the way. I also follow the remove the zip tie tip I read.
  • The wire tap connection worked the first time.. after I recovered it from dropping it into the jam panel 5 minutes later 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Everything went back together easily
  • And then there was light ! Beautiful bright light

Looking forward to learning how to go back and add the aux connection next! I like the firewall grommet path I saw from @AceGoliath What type of wire am I supposed to buy to connect this to aux?

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs