Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Info to help add to AUX switches. Hope this helps.
bronco-aux-switches-upfitter-wiring-diagram-jpeg.jpg
Wire diagram.png
Wiring1.png
wiring-jpeg.jpeg

Thanks, good video!

I converted the .75mm I would need to aux 6 to 18 gauge, but read somewhere that all the wires in the aux kit are only 16 gauge (so a bit underpowered for some accessories). I believe this below is the updated/corrected gauge of the wires.
Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness F0040695-4728-4337-9A72-1448EA29A159

Am I right to assume that 16 gauge wire is sufficient for these lights to connect to aux 6 through the firewall grommet? @IAG Performance ?
Sponsored

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gave up on trying to wire tap the gray wire. I tried.. thought I had it tapped successfully, but apparently not as the lights do not come on when opening the doors. There is just so little slack in the factory wiring. It was really difficult trying to get the wire tap clip on the wire. So I am just going to leave them as a manual on/off only on one of my Aux switches. Honestly, I am fine with manual only and all I can say is DAMN these are bright and really light up the interior.
Just FYI - I struggled with the lack of slack too. I cut the zip tie off the clip and removed the top of the clip - it releases on the rounded end below where the white lever settles when removed. It gave me an inch or two to play with and after two attempts got the wire tapped.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I'm an accountant. KISS...please. If all I want to do is run these on AUX1, I connect what to the yellow wire under the hood and the red power wire for the lights to the brown/white wire in glovebox?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Didn’t think I would install them right away, but I did.

I’m no pro at mods and with following the instructions and being careful pulling panels off I pulled it off in about 3.5 hours. That’s with tapping into Aux Switch 6 using the grommet in the firewall under the steering wheel as previously posted in this thread.

They are very bright and well worth it to me. Thanks IAG for another great product…and instructions! @IAG Performance @IAG Support
B913FB18-DCBD-44FE-A2B0-16BA965592D8.jpeg
B91EA538-1848-4481-9B58-1036E24199AE.jpeg
638F2706-CD2E-4189-B7CD-EDC3903032AB.jpeg
B4446478-26BA-4A7B-A90B-96B39283ADC7.jpeg
DC93EEC4-C4D6-468F-A526-E861DB41D7E1.jpeg
I would highly suggest you run that wire through the grommet and not around it. This will eventually short out after the insulation wears on the body.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, good video!

I converted the .75mm I would need to aux 6 to 18 gauge, but read somewhere that all the wires in the aux kit are only 16 gauge (so a bit underpowered for some accessories). I believe this below is the updated/corrected gauge of the wires.
Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness F0040695-4728-4337-9A72-1448EA29A159

Am I right to assume that 16 gauge wire is sufficient for these lights to connect to aux 6 through the firewall grommet? @IAG Performance ?
Plenty sufficient. These are extremely low amperage draw.

Sponsored

OBXBronco22

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Plenty sufficient. These are extremely low amperage draw.
Good because I just finished wiring them ! Ran a new wire through the middle of the firewall grommet into aux 6 (yellow-orange wire) and bam! Now I can flip them on and off. Love these.

Just pop the grommet out, poke a small hole in it and push/pull a wire through. Replacing the grommet from the inside was the easier path.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good because I just finished wiring them ! Ran a new wire through the middle of the firewall grommet into aux 6 (yellow-orange wire) and bam! Now I can flip them on and off. Love these.

Just pop the grommet out, poke a small hole in it and push/pull a wire through. Replacing the grommet from the inside was the easier path.
So, you're NOT connecting it to one of the wires behind the glovebox? To just run on AUX..

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a master is disaster when it comes to wiring stuff in vehicles. Knowing my luck, the new lights won’t come on and the car alarm will start going off non stop upon completion of install. I’ll give it a whirl though and try to order a set Friday at next release.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m a master is disaster when it comes to wiring stuff in vehicles. Knowing my luck, the new lights won’t come on and the car alarm will start going off non stop upon completion of install. I’ll give it a whirl though and try to order a set Friday at next release.
Yeah, exactly. Without beer!

Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@IAG Performance sorry if asked already - i'm assuming there's no interference with the airbags up there if they should need to deploy?

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm an accountant. KISS...please. If all I want to do is run these on AUX1, I connect what to the yellow wire under the hood and the red power wire for the lights to the brown/white wire in glovebox?
Run them to Aux 6 and save Aux 1 for higher amperage lights you may add in the future (light bar, ditch lights, roof lights, etc.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@IAG Performance sorry if asked already - i'm assuming there's no interference with the airbags up there if they should need to deploy?
Correct no interference with the airbags since they fire down not out. Just make sure you run the wiring behind the airbags as shown in the instructions.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Run them to Aux 6 and save Aux 1 for higher amperage lights you may add in the future (light bar, ditch lights, roof lights, etc.
But you didn't tell me how!! lol....

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But you didn't tell me how!! lol....
Our supplement video on how to hook up to your AUX switches should be done in the next couple of days and will walk you through it.
Sponsored