Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine arrive tomorrow.

I'm only wiring them to the #6 upfitter switch, which I have been convinced to route through the grommet on the firewall, rather than routing across the dash to behind the glovebox.

Is the factory IAG harness long enough to reach the ground screw and upfitter lead in the engine bay near the master cylinder, or will I have to extend the harness?
Hey man, curious what convinced you to run through firewall instead to the feeds behind the glovebox? I haven't received the lights yet, but my intention is to have it wired traditionally so it works with the doors as well as to the AUX switches for that versatility. Having said that, I have never wired anything yet to the AUX switches so I'll have to watch them videos to understand the process myself. I haven't read up enough yet on wiring things to AUX to know the overall pros and cons. All that I'm privy to is the different aux switches are rated for different amperages and are ran to different locations of the vehicle, but that's as far as I got on research thus far.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine arrive tomorrow.

I'm only wiring them to the #6 upfitter switch, which I have been convinced to route through the grommet on the firewall, rather than routing across the dash to behind the glovebox.

Is the factory IAG harness long enough to reach the ground screw and upfitter lead in the engine bay near the master cylinder, or will I have to extend the harness?
you will need a couple feet of wire to connect to the aux wiring.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine arrive tomorrow.

The ground point is attached to the upper roll bar on the driver's side. You will need about 3 feet of 18 gauge wire to get out under the hood to the upfitter switch wiring.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey man, curious what convinced you to run through firewall instead to the feeds behind the glovebox? I haven't received the lights yet, but my intention is to have it wired traditionally so it works with the doors as well as to the AUX switches for that versatility. Having said that, I have never wired anything yet to the AUX switches so I'll have to watch them videos to understand the process myself. I haven't read up enough yet on wiring things to AUX to know the overall pros and cons. All that I'm privy to is the different aux switches are rated for different amperages and are ran to different locations of the vehicle, but that's as far as I got on research thus far.
Someone who I believe is on here and the FB group mentioned how easy it was to go through the blank grommet on the firewall near the brake booster (can't remember their name off hand, there's a post few pages back, oh yeah - and thanks for the suggestion!).

Since the IAG harness drops on the driver's side, I'd rather take that direct route over attempting to wire across under the dash, which never seems to turn out that clean for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ground point is attached to the upper roll bar on the driver's side. You will need about 3 feet of 18 gauge wire to get out under the hood to the upfitter switch wiring.
Thanks!

Off to run some wire.

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check your ground connection point first. Make sure it is nice and secure.
Thanks that was it. However, had to loosen bolt to keep it better grounded? Seems like might move over time but will keep you updated.

Before and after. My wife will love it.

20230206_193022.jpg

20230206_194954.jpg

Sponsored

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did my 4 door MIC with roof rack yesterday. Took my time and did it in 3 hours. Mine had 4 extra brackets for each light. No issues installing it. Very nice kit and what a difference it made 👍

3DE175A4-AA19-4E67-94C2-7951610E7033.jpeg

C44CA99F-33BE-446E-9BD9-DD52CFABF539.jpeg

271A28DB-F69D-4D0D-9477-6602C8C893F3.jpeg

403FF275-2B59-43D4-B10D-3A10041595CE.jpeg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry if I missed this - but, for those that are connecting to AUX as well - are you using AUX 3-6/10 amp? I assume that’s plenty, but couldn’t find anything on @IAG Performance site or install video.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry if I missed this - but, for those that are connecting to AUX as well - are you using AUX 3-6/10 amp? I assume that’s plenty, but couldn’t find anything on @IAG Performance site or install video.
Yes, they mentioned the draw of these lights are extremely low. 10 amp is more than enough.

kidkennel

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I connected mine to Aux 6 yesterday. I opened the hood, found the grommet in the firewall, and pulled that out, could clearly see the drivers footwell. Re-opened the kick panel to get access to the wiring for the lights, spliced some wire to the pigtail lead from the IAG kit, then located the yellow-orange wire for aux 6 by the brake booster, used a butt splice and shrink wrap, and now have another option to turn on the interior lights. It was quite easy.
Sponsored