Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am with you guys on this... I bought the Raptor hinges, and I'm thrilled that they are made out of steel and not aluminum and that they have robust pins just like the OEM hinges. I had bought the RTR set up thinking that was going to be ideal, but then after having mounted the aluminum hinges there's play in them from the factory and they use a bolt through a brass sleeve...and as a result you have to over adjust the pillar brackets underneath the tail light in order to get the tailgate high enough on the driver side to engage correctly in the latch. With the Raptor hinges or even the OEM hinges, there is no play at all...and adjusting the tailgate for even gaps all around was a breeze. The Raptor reinforcement bracket gets its strength from the dimensions (angles on top and bottom) not necessarily the materials themselves.
I did not realize the Raptor tailgate reinforcement includes beefier hinges, or am I reading that wrong?
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not realize the Raptor tailgate reinforcement includes beefier hinges, or am I reading that wrong?
The Raptor OEM tailgate reinforcement fits only the Raptor hinges, and those hinges are very different than the Bronco OEM non-Raptor hinges. The Raptor hinges are about 5.4 pounds each, cast steel, and they mount to the tailgate with the same bolts our OEM Bronco hinges use. There are two separate M8 threaded holes inwards from the hinge mount holes, and those are what the Raptor reinforcement plate mounts to. The cool part about the Raptor hinges is that they mount to the tailgate prior to anything else being bolted to them, so one can adjust the tailgate and torque everything before messing with whatever reinforcement is added. The unique challenge for any reinforcement on our Broncos is the fact that the upper hinge sits in about 9 mm farther than the lower hinge, and the hinges are curved...and to keep anything added in alignment with the spare those angles need to be taken into account and adjusted for. The RTR bracket, for example, puts the RTR fuel can carrier at an outward angle which could partially obscure the passenger tail light from behind...because of the outward angle of the hinges.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Raptor OEM tailgate reinforcement fits only the Raptor hinges, and those hinges are very different than the Bronco OEM non-Raptor hinges. The Raptor hinges are about 5.4 pounds each, cast steel, and they mount to the tailgate with the same bolts our OEM Bronco hinges use. There are two separate M8 threaded holes inwards from the hinge mount holes, and those are what the Raptor reinforcement plate mounts to. The cool part about the Raptor hinges is that they mount to the tailgate prior to anything else being bolted to them, so one can adjust the tailgate and torque everything before messing with whatever reinforcement is added. The unique challenge for any reinforcement on our Broncos is the fact that the upper hinge sits in about 9 mm farther than the lower hinge, and the hinges are curved...and to keep anything added in alignment with the spare those angles need to be taken into account and adjusted for. The RTR bracket, for example, puts the RTR fuel can carrier at an outward angle which could partially obscure the passenger tail light from behind...because of the outward angle of the hinges.
The Raptor hinges list for almost $300 each...but if you buy them from OEM Ford parts you can get them for about $194 each. That is definitely on the pricier side, but they are leaps and bounds stronger than the OEM Ford hinges. Many folks seem to be loading up all kinds of weight on all kinds of products that bolt on to the OEM hinges with all kind soft spacers and washers, but they're not addressing the weakest point.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Raptor hinges list for almost $300 each...but if you buy them from OEM Ford parts you can get them for about $194 each. That is definitely on the pricier side, but they are leaps and bounds stronger than the OEM Ford hinges. Many folks seem to be loading up all kinds of weight on all kinds of products that bolt on to the OEM hinges with all kind soft spacers and washers, but they're not addressing the weakest point. Pic of OEM vs. Raptor hinge:
20220915_165539.jpg
20220915_175650.jpg

LAB0035

Badlands
First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IAG Tailgate Hinge System and Reinforcement

Strength You Can Count On

Larger wheels and tires can put additional stress on your Bronco's tailgate, especially when off-roading. Add gear storage and tables and the weight really adds up. Most other tailgate reinforcements on the market simply bolt to the rear of the tailgate and help to distribute the load of a larger wheel to the hinges. Our Tailgate Reinforcement takes that a step further. Not only are we supporting the tailgate itself to stop flexing and shaking by transferring the load into the hinges, we are completely replacing the entire OEM hinge assembly to address the next weakest point in the system. Made of solid cast aluminum, our Tailgate reinforcement is HEAVY-DUTY. The support is designed to seamlessly integrate with the vehicle's existing design, enhancing its overall aesthetic without detracting from its rugged, off-road appearance. Two threaded holes offer mounting points for jerry cans, jacks, antennas, or any number of accessories. We are shooting for a late January 2023 release date and have a target price of $599. As we usually do, the Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly will likely be offered at an introductory price of $499.

We would love to hear your thoughts, feedback, and questions!

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 20220915_175650
Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 20220915_175650

where do we sign up for pre-order. I would also like to see a side by side comparison of the Hinges

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Me likes very much, price would be nicer to see at around 399

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Larger wheels and tires can put additional stress on your Bronco's tailgate, especially when off-roading. Add gear storage and tables and the weight really adds up. Most other tailgate reinforcements on the market simply bolt to the rear of the tailgate and help to distribute the load of a larger wheel to the hinges. Our Tailgate Reinforcement takes that a step further. Not only are we supporting the tailgate itself to stop flexing and shaking by transferring the load into the hinges, we are completely replacing the entire OEM hinge assembly to address the next weakest point in the system. Made of solid cast aluminum, our Tailgate reinforcement is HEAVY-DUTY. The support is designed to seamlessly integrate with the vehicle's existing design, enhancing its overall aesthetic without detracting from its rugged, off-road appearance. Two threaded holes offer mounting points for jerry cans, jacks, antennas, or any number of accessories. We are shooting for a late January 2023 release date and have a target price of $599. As we usually do, the Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly will likely be offered at an introductory price of $499.

Can you tell me if those bolts that are visible in the photographs are the ones that mount the assembly to the tailgate? Or does that assembly come apart and is the hinge separate from the assembly? Just trying to figure out if you have to bolt the entire assembly on as hinges or if you bolt on hinges first and then your assembly bolts on top of your hinges.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool product and definitely adds strength to the factory tailgate for a bigger tire/wheel combination, however some of the comments are hilarious.

1) If you plan to run a larger then stock tire/wheel combo then I would assume you're planning to actually go off-road so why would you care if you might scratch the paint when mounting the reinforcement bracket?

2) Why in the f*ck would anyone give a damn of there is a protective film between the hinges and where the bracket mounts to the tailgate?

3) While I think the idea of stainless bolts is a good idea, are we really complaining about the color of the bolts that are shown with the prototype bracket.

Here's an idea, if you don't plan on going off-road, then you don't need bigger tires/wheels, therefore you don't need to be concerned about extra weight on the tailgate so at the end of the day you don't need this product, unless you are merely modifying your vehicle because you're one of the 'look at me types'. With that said, and if you still need a reinforcement bracket I would absolutely give this a look, but only up to a 37" tire, anything beyond that I would step-up to a frame mounted carrier since you would then be approaching 300# territory.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool product and definitely adds strength to the factory tailgate for a bigger tire/wheel combination, however some of the comments are hilarious.

1) If you plan to run a larger then stock tire/wheel combo then I would assume you're planning to actually go off-road so why would you care if you might scratch the paint when mounting the reinforcement bracket?

2) Why in the f*ck would anyone give a damn of there is a protective film between the hinges and where the bracket mounts to the tailgate?

3) While I think the idea of stainless bolts is a good idea, are we really complaining about the color of the bolts that are shown with the prototype bracket.

Here's an idea, if you don't plan on going off-road, then you don't need bigger tires/wheels, therefore you don't need to be concerned about extra weight on the tailgate so at the end of the day you don't need this product, unless you are merely modifying your vehicle because you're one of the 'look at me types'. With that said, and if you still need a reinforcement bracket I would absolutely give this a look, but only up to a 37" tire, anything beyond that I would step-up to a frame mounted carrier since you would then be approaching 300# territory.
Oh Ya, you got all this right.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
where do we sign up for pre-order. I would also like to see a side by side comparison of the Hinges
No pre-order at this point. We are still working through the testing phases at the moment. We will post some more photos soon when we have a chance to pull it back off of the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you tell me if those bolts that are visible in the photographs are the ones that mount the assembly to the tailgate? Or does that assembly come apart and is the hinge separate from the assembly? Just trying to figure out if you have to bolt the entire assembly on as hinges or if you bolt on hinges first and then your assembly bolts on top of your hinges.
Those bolts mount the entire assembly to the tailgate. The new hinges are integrated into the assembly.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those bolts mount the entire assembly to the tailgate. The new hinges are integrated into the assembly.
Thanks! On the positive side the hinges will be lined up perfectly with one another (eliminating the need for a plate to maintain parallel while installing) and folks won't have to worry about binding...but on the negative side people will just have to be really careful when they're threading the bolts into the tailgate nut plates because those nut plates can pop out and fall down inside the tailgate. That has happened to a couple of members, and one member had to cut into his tailgate to retrieve one...another member ended up using some device with a magnet to fish the plate back into place. Additionally, because additional weight is being bolted onto the tailgate, it will have to be adjusted to ensure that the latch hits the striker in the right spot. With the product being an entire integrated unit, that might mean folks have to use the six bolts on the pillar behind the tail light to get fine adjustments If they can't get it spot on when the plate is bolted on loosely. If the short part of the hinges that bolt to the pillar brackets is too thick, that might interfere with how far the tailgate can be positioned toward the passenger side for some folks.

Last edited:

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850+ Days and still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Best looking one yet and def the only one that looks like it's going to make a positive change!

I'll be ordering one once I get my Bronco which I'm still in limbo waiting for since an 8.12.20 reservation.... grrrrrr

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

771A0387.jpg
771A0388.jpg
771A0393.jpg
771A0394.jpg
771A0400.jpg
771A0404.jpg
771A0406.jpg

the problem is the swing of the tailgate…
(With a Jerry can)
Will crunch the mega dollar tail light…

On the 2door they have a small 17 gallon gas tank….
A Jerry can holder on the tail gate would be huge plus!!!
I just took a jerry can out to the Bronco… and imagined it between the tail light and the spare tire👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼….

it would be a great (if the swing can work)!!!

Thanks for the product!!!
I own your mud flaps, dash rail and factory touch up paint! Great products!!!

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the problem is the swing of the tailgate…
(With a Jerry can)
Will crunch the mega dollar tail light…

On the 2door they have a small 17 gallon gas tank….
A Jerry can holder on the tail gate would be huge plus!!!
I just took a jerry can out to the Bronco… and imagined it between the tail light and the spare tire👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼….

it would be a great (if the swing can work)!!!

Thanks for the product!!!
I own your mud flaps, dash rail and factory touch up paint! Great products!!!
Hammer Built has a strut that replaces the OEM one that limits the swing to 90 degrees if you are interested. Even with a fuel carrier my setup won't hit the taillight.
Sponsored