First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anytime! Here is the difference in OEM hinges versus Raptor hinges for comparison...
20220915_165539.jpg
And the cool part is the hinges bolt the tailgate first, then accessories bolt to the hinge itself.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all the recent announcements, I gave up on my order and bought off the lot. At least it’s a 2 door Sasquatch. I had to pay a bit over MSRP, but it’s a base, so saved some there. A few upgrades and I can get near the BD I ordered. I like the truck, but not happy with Ford.
The BaseSquatch is the cheat code of Broncos

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tick, Tick, Tick...

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Overtime it is! lol

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This bumper looks really nice and appreciate the review, but holy cow she ain't cheap for sure. I noticed yesterday thath there is a slight misalignment of my tailgate at the bottom on the left/hadle side. It is just shy of 1/4". I never noticed this before and need to see if the tire is causing the misalignment. Defintiely want to check out your post RE: Raptor hinges.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This bumper looks really nice and appreciate the review, but holy cow she ain't cheap for sure. I noticed yesterday thath there is a slight misalignment of my tailgate at the bottom on the left/hadle side. It is just shy of 1/4". I never noticed this before and need to see if the tire is causing the misalignment. Defintiely want to check out your post RE: Raptor hinges.
Absolutely not cheap... But about 5 to $600 cheaper than from the manufacturer. I have the bumper and it is way better than the stock steel bumper...better departure angle, stronger, etc. The cool part about the bumper plus the swing out carrier is that the carrier articulates with the tailgate unlike many of the other products where you have to open several latches to get inside the car. The bummer is that whatever you go with the hangs weight off the tailgate, Even with stronger hinges, it still ends up putting all that weight on the pillar. Having had several plates I still believe the Raptor hinges and the hammer built is the best of the bunch... but if you're going to be hanging a lot of weight off then a swing out carrier hands down beats anything hanging off the gate.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely not cheap... But about 5 to $600 cheaper than from the manufacturer. I have the bumper and it is way better than the stock steel bumper...better departure angle, stronger, etc. The cool part about the bumper plus the swing out carrier is that the carrier articulates with the tailgate unlike many of the other products where you have to open several latches to get inside the car. The bummer is that whatever you go with the hangs weight off the tailgate, Even with stronger hinges, it still ends up putting all that weight on the pillar. Having had several plates I still believe the Raptor hinges and the hammer built is the best of the bunch... but if you're going to be hanging a lot of weight off then a swing out carrier hands down beats anything hanging off the gate.
You have the bumper/tire carrier AND the raptor hinges with HB bracket? That’s a beefy setup! Pics please.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have the bumper/tire carrier AND the raptor hinges with HB bracket? That’s a beefy setup! Pics please.
I have the bumper and the carrier should be arriving at the end of this month. When I got the bumper last year, the carrier was not yet a thing for the Bronco...but fortunately the company made it backwards compatible, so they will send a template and I need to cut a hole for the spindle. I figured I'd keep the hinges on (currently with my HB plate) because replacing them requires having them both aligned with one another (or else they will bind). Fortunately I made a plate to keep mine in alignment, so if I have too I can switch back to OEM (when I had the RTR carrier I had to pull the taillight in order to make more adjustments that I couldn't compensate for by using only the bolts on the gate). I can post pics as soon as I receive/install the carrier.
Sponsored