First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was trying to figure out what the weight on it is... and I believe that when one starts loading the tailgate with all kinds of additional weight that it defeats the purpose of strengthening it. I think when getting into territory that is maxing out the factory tailgate limit that a bumper mounted tire carrier seems to be the ideal way to go. Even the mighty Raptor hinges aren't going to compensate for the weak formed sheet metal of the pillar. I am testing out a swing out carrier right now as an additional option when I want to go bigger on carrying accessories and it does make me sleep better at night when I know that there is no extra weight on my tailgate. I can't be certain because I haven't tested it but I wonder if someone who loads up their tailgate with all kinds of reinforcements and accessories is going to end up flexing the pillar enough to put stress on the MIC top corner when bouncing around or opening and closing the gate...

Last edited:

Hueso

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘04 F350 superduty, ‘22 2dr manual Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There will absolutely be an announcement when we get closer. We know you guys are anxious to get these. Please know we are not intentionally delaying these just to make you sweat. I promise we will be releasing more information as soon as we can!
Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 69F26712-36E3-4A2F-90A9-850CB8B44453

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was trying to figure out what the weight on it is... and I believe that when one starts loading the tailgate with all kinds of additional weight that it defeats the purpose of strengthening it. I think when getting into territory that is maxing out the factory tailgate limit that a bumper mounted tire carrier seems to be the ideal way to go. Even the mighty Raptor hinges aren't going to compensate for the weak formed sheet metal of the pillar. I am testing out a swing out carrier right now as an additional option when I want to go bigger on carrying accessories and it does make me sleep better at night when I know that there is no extra weight on my tailgate. I can't be certain because I haven't tested it but I wonder if someone who loads up their tailgate with all kinds of reinforcements and accessories is going to end up flexing the pillar enough to put stress on the MIC top corner when bouncing around or opening and closing the gate...
Found one website that had the Scorpion one listed at 95lbs.

You bring up a very good point with the extra weight and potentially causing stress on the MIC top. I never would of thought of that.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found one website that had the Scorpion one listed at 95lbs.

You bring up a very good point with the extra weight and potentially causing stress on the MIC top. I never would of thought of that.
Sheesh...95 pounds...I'd pass on that! The Hammer Built setup is 15 (another 10 or so with the accessory arm). I felt confident with my Max weight still being at least in the ballpark...but at 95 pounds anyone running that setup is not even in the same State...my entire swing out tire carrier weighs less than the Scorpion bracket.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sheesh...95 pounds...I'd pass on that! The Hammer Built setup is 15 (another 10 or so with the accessory arm). I felt confident with my Max weight still being at least in the ballpark...but at 95 pounds anyone running that setup is not even in the same State...my entire swing out tire carrier weighs less than the Scorpion bracket.
I too am considering a new bumper with tire carrier, but I just can't find anything that isn't over weight or looks like someone's polygonal welding experiment!

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too am considering a new bumper with tire carrier, but I just can't find anything that isn't over weight or looks like someone's polygonal welding experiment!
Polygon yes but after tire is mounted not bad...

https://roadarmor.com/2022-2022-ford-bronco-stealth-tire-carrier-texture.html

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And free shipping
Let me put it to you another way...I'm never going to pay anywhere close to $3000 for for a rear bumper and tire carrier, I could buy an extra truck to carry my crap for less! lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me put it to you another way...I'm never going to pay anywhere close to $3000 for for a rear bumper and tire carrier, I could buy an extra truck to carry my crap for less! lol
Understood! It was painful and for Canadians even more so...

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IAG Tailgate Hinge System and Reinforcement

Strength You Can Count On

Larger wheels and tires can put additional stress on your Bronco's tailgate, especially when off-roading. Add gear storage and tables and the weight really adds up. Most other tailgate reinforcements on the market simply bolt to the rear of the tailgate and help to distribute the load of a larger wheel to the hinges. Our Tailgate Reinforcement takes that a step further. Not only are we supporting the tailgate itself to stop flexing and shaking by transferring the load into the hinges, we are completely replacing the entire OEM hinge assembly to address the next weakest point in the system. Made of solid cast aluminum, our Tailgate reinforcement is HEAVY-DUTY. The support is designed to seamlessly integrate with the vehicle's existing design, enhancing its overall aesthetic without detracting from its rugged, off-road appearance. Two threaded holes offer mounting points for jerry cans, jacks, antennas, or any number of accessories. We are shooting for a target price of $599. As we usually do, the Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly will likely be offered at an introductory price of $499.

We would love to hear your thoughts, feedback, and questions!

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 69F26712-36E3-4A2F-90A9-850CB8B44453

Any updates on a release date?