First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We are getting closer. We will likely have additional information to share next week.
Will your install still have the risk of the mounting nuts inside the tailgate falling as we have seen with some of the other reinforcement systems lately?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will your install still have the risk of the mounting nuts inside the tailgate falling as we have seen with some of the other reinforcement systems lately?
Any system that requires removal of the hinges/hinge bolts runs that risk...but as long as you maintain the tailgate alignment while doing so with wedges, and line up the bolts upon install without pushing the plates off their retainers, you should be ok. So far so good with several installs and removals.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
on a positive note; if your tailgate was mis-aligned this is the perfect opportunity :)
Yes but note that with any aluminum hinge setup, the thickness of the aluminum hinge has something to do with aligning the right side of the tailgate. What happened on my setup is that I couldn't get the gap to match the gap on the left side because the hinge thickness on the right side prevented me from being able to get the right side gap narrow. With the Raptor hinges, that's not an issue because the section that affects the thickness of the gap on the right is narrow. It was frustrating when I was trying to adjust my hinge with the RTR setup because even with the tailgate as far over as it would go on the hinge itself, there wasn't enough slotted elongation in the pillar bracket to get any more adjustment out of the tailgate towards passenger side. A big reason, in my personal opinion, to not go with aluminum hinges.

bigblockfox545

Black Diamond
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 FOX 2009 M3 2008 STI 2005 F350 2018 OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
was faster getting my magnum short block from you guys for my ej. jk

will be ordering this right away. have been reluctant to add a 37" tire in till this gets installed. even with the factory sasquatch set up the tailgate feels kinda weak.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All you guys waiting for a "cast" block of aluminum...... make your life easy, and get the Hammer Built HD reinforcement plate, and a set of Raptor hinges, unless Tyson @HammerBuilt has his made. Much better way to go.....

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All you guys waiting for a "cast" block of aluminum...... make your life easy, and get the Hammer Built HD reinforcement plate, and a set of Raptor hinges, unless Tyson @HammerBuilt has his made. Much better way to go.....
The Raptor hinges would be fine, but the Hammerbuilt plate not so much.
I've read too many reports of tailgate issues with flat plate reinforcement, not enough torsional strength is my understanding, how much weight are you carrying?

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes but note that with any aluminum hinge setup, the thickness of the aluminum hinge has something to do with aligning the right side of the tailgate. What happened on my setup is that I couldn't get the gap to match the gap on the left side because the hinge thickness on the right side prevented me from being able to get the right side gap narrow. With the Raptor hinges, that's not an issue because the section that affects the thickness of the gap on the right is narrow. It was frustrating when I was trying to adjust my hinge with the RTR setup because even with the tailgate as far over as it would go on the hinge itself, there wasn't enough slotted elongation in the pillar bracket to get any more adjustment out of the tailgate towards passenger side. A big reason, in my personal opinion, to not go with aluminum hinges.
Yet, yours's is the only report of an installation issue with the RTR hinges I have seen and I've watched a few videos where the people love theirs?

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Raptor hinges would be fine, but the Hammerbuilt plate not so much.
I've read too many reports of tailgate issues with flat plate reinforcement, not enough torsional strength is my understanding, how much weight are you carrying?
The Hammer Built HD plate is not completely flat, as it compensates for the Raptor hinge thickness. The hinges are beefy, and what Ford should have used from the factory to begin with. The plate, is steel, and surrounds the spare tire which is the way to go. with any system you get, all you are trying to do is create a stronger area to accept more weight, or increase the strength. I am just running a 35" tire right now, with a aftermarket rim, and space for Rotopax fuel/water containers. I have had no problems with mine at all..... I could move up to a 37" tire, and may when mine wear out, but I'm happy with the way it works now. After install, and a little adjustment, the tailgate closes better than it ever did, and I have Zero issues.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet, yours's is the only report of an installation issue with the RTR hinges I have seen and I've watched a few videos where the people love theirs?
I wonder if the people that love their RTR installation are okay with a wider gap on the passenger side? And having to overcompensate for the adjustment to shore up the sag? I initially thought it was a cool design but then once you wrap your head around bolting on another 54 lb just to support the gate seems kind of counterproductive...just my 2 cents. I just got the feeling after I got it all bolted up and adjusted to where the alignment looked at least somewhat presentable I started obsessing about the passenger side pillar flexing...

bigblockfox545

Black Diamond
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 FOX 2009 M3 2008 STI 2005 F350 2018 OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
im aware of the hammer built raptor hinge set up. i prefer the oem look of the iag set up. very similar to the raptor set up. i trust iag as done their homework on hinge strength and tailgate reinforcement strength. i also dont plan on adding any extras to the setup such as jerry cans or water cans. do not want to add any unnecessary weight to the tailgate.
Sponsored