Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU, Jeep Gladiator, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like the LOD, but am not a fan of a spindle attaching only to the bumper and not the frame.
HI Rob, Just thought I would clarify, the Spindle does attach to the bumper via 1/4" steel mounting bracket which in turn mounts to the frame. Basically making the frame, bumper mount and spindle one one unit.
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HI Rob, Just thought I would clarify, the Spindle does attach to the bumper via 1/4" steel mounting bracket which in turn mounts to the frame. Basically making the frame, bumper mount and spindle one one unit.
Thanks for the clarification! Do you have a photo or diagram? I ask because another member had shared that his LOD setup had the spindle shift, and that it was thought to have happened due to the connection being only to the bumper (something bolted only to the bumper, even if the bumper then bolts to the frame, is not structurally the same as something bolting directly to the frame). That was one of the reasons I leaned towards the RA setup. The RA setup has the spindle welded directly to a hefty bracket that mounts directly to the frame, supported with two of the original tow hook bolts and a third bolt between them, and an additional bolt on the outer side of the frame...and then the bumper is bolted to that bracket. Another member had indicated that the LOD setup had a gap between the body and leading edge of the top of the bumper, and that a plate is included to cover that gap if the owner chooses to cover it (but it was reported that some grinding was required for fitment). The RA setup also needed some tweaking to get it dialed in, so it is reasonable to anticipate at least slight modifications with any setup. Here is the RA spindle diagram:

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly Screenshot_20230331_062333_Acrobat for Samsun

Both bumpers have their merits, and I am glad that the forum gives potential owners of either a way to make the decision that suits their specific needs. It is refreshing to have a manufacturer like yourself who is active in communication...many manufacturers are super supportive before the sale but then become elusive after it ships.

Last edited:

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the clarification! Do you have a photo or diagram? I ask because another member had shared that his LOD setup had the spindle shift, and that it was thought to have happened due to the connection being only to the bumper (something bolted only to the bumper, even if the bumper then bolts to the frame, is not structurally the same as something bolting directly to the frame). That was one of the reasons I leaned towards the RA setup. The RA setup has the spindle welded directly to a hefty bracket that mounts directly to the frame, supported with two of the original tow hook bolts and a third bolt between them, and an additional bolt on the outer side of the frame...and then the bumper is bolted to that bracket. Another member had indicated that the LOD setup had a gap between the body and leading edge of the top of the bumper, and that a plate is included to cover that gap if the owner chooses to cover it (but it was reported that some grinding was required for fitment). The RA setup also needed some tweaking to get it dialed in, so it is reasonable to anticipate at least slight modifications with any setup. Here is the RA spindle diagram:

Screenshot_20230331_062333_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Both bumpers have their merits, and I am glad that the forum gives potential owners of either a way to make the decision that suits their specific needs. It is refreshing to have a manufacturer like yourself who is active in communication...many manufacturers are super supportive before the sale but then become elusive after it ships.
Here is a pic of the RA spindle bracket...spindle itself with arrow. 4 bolts attach the 1/4" thickness spindle bracket directly to frame, then 3 more bolts (2 on the outboard side of the frame rail and 1 on the inside) attach the bumper to it.

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 20230331_065309

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I dont have any pictures, but you can see it in the install instructions. We are only aware of one instance where the tire carrier moved. I believe that was an error in the installation. I havent heard anything about having to grind that panel you mention. I suppose its possible that some Broncos have a different setup for the rear tailgate strut. Not sure why else they would need to grind.
https://lodoffroad.com/assets/pdfs/BBC2110 BRONCO DESTROYER TIRE CARRIER.pdf

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont have any pictures, but you can see it in the install instructions. We are only aware of one instance where the tire carrier moved. I believe that was an error in the installation. I havent heard anything about having to grind that panel you mention. I suppose its possible that some Broncos have a different setup for the rear tailgate strut. Not sure why else they would need to grind.
Your setup definitely for the win in regard to upward and downward tire location adjustability and the outward adjustment for backspacing (I had to make my own bracket to achieve that same goal). It appears that if a spindle moved on an install the bolts may have been loose?

For part number 7 in the install, do you use delrin for the v-block? Mine came with delrin, but it rattled (unless the turnbuckle was cranked tight) but I opted for a block of hard rubber to replace the delrin to compensate for necessary movement between body and bumper (because the body mounts are rubber and there will always be movement).

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice looking product, if I were to order this powder coated, what is the current lead time? (Asking for a freind who needs it for the Bronco Safari! lol)

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your setup definitely for the win in regard to upward and downward tire location adjustability and the outward adjustment for backspacing (I had to make my own bracket to achieve that same goal). It appears that if a spindle moved on an install the bolts may have been loose?

For part number 7 in the install, do you use delrin for the v-block? Mine came with delrin, but it rattled (unless the turnbuckle was cranked tight) but I opted for a block of hard rubber to replace the delrin to compensate for necessary movement between body and bumper (because the body mounts are rubber and there will always be movement).
Yeah its delrin. And I do believe we have these in stock and would probably ship within a day or two!

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I opted to scrap the delrin piece because it doesn't allow for any movement that comes from between the body and the frame bushings. If you use the delrin and it doesn't allow any movement any movement in the swing-out arm will be transmitted to the tailgate (and vice-versa...when the body moves independent of the frame, that movement goes back into the swing-out). Many folks have shared that they won't purchase an articulated swing-out carrier for this reason. My hopeful solution to address the movement (to allow for it) is swapping hard rubber (or 70A durometer urethane) in place of the delrin. That way, there is wiggle room for the body to move independent of the frame and to not affect the swing-out arm assembly (especially when wheeling).

Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting… now make the door a fold-down.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cranking out the mission-critical products such as wallets...window bags...
Lol! I couldn't wait any longer...thanks to all your trial and error work and research I pulled the trigger on the Hammer Built with full confidence it's the best solution so far.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol! I couldn't wait any longer...thanks to all your trial and error work and research I pulled the trigger on the Hammer Built with full confidence it's the best solution so far.
Are you going with Raptor hinges or OEMs?
Sponsored