First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using aluminum is an interesting choice for a reinforcement...hopefully it works out for them (that and the reinforcement bolting to only the 4 passenger side OEM tire carrier holes). There are other options out there if you are seeking proven systems...you could go with steel OEM Raptor hinges and either the Hammer Built setup or the Raptor OEM reinforcement plate (designed for a 37). The downside is OEM Ford setup is about 800, but the HB setup including Raptor hinges is about 600 without the accessory arm. The upside is really strong and the ability to bolt on accessories like fuel carrier and MaxTrax. The IAG setup appears to have a couple of mounting holes for something, which is more than likely something they will offer exclusively in the future (not standardized), but note that thread aluminum is not going to be as durable as bolting through or to steel. Not sure what the IAG setup weighs but HB is 15 pounds and OEM Raptor plate is about half that. Our hinges are not the weakest link...the flexy tailgate is. Ideally you want something to transfers the load from the carrier and ties it to even the OEM hinges to keep the flex down. You could save even more money by going with a second generation Hammer built plate and using your own OEM hinges along with the $50 RTR adapters with conical spacers that screw into your OEM hinges. Aluminum is certainly an outstanding material for many applications, but I'm just not convinced that tailgate hinges is the best idea... I already tried the RTR set up with the aluminum hinges and was not a fan (too much play and no way to take it up with dissimilar materials in hinge/through bolt used as pin).
So the RTR adapters/conical spacers will work with HB...is that correct?
Sponsored

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the RTR adapters/conical spacers will work with HB...is that correct?
They will with the 2nd gen HB plate. It is drilled for both the OEM hinges and Raptor hinges...and because the Raptor hinges are about 1/2 higher than the OEM hinges, it worked out well that the RTR adapters make the OEM hinges about 1/2 higher. I also like that you can remove one bolt at a time from your OEM hinges and replace with the RTR conical spacers so as to not get your tailgate out of alignment or risk losing the nutplates. If you go that route, contact Tyson via the forum or on his cell and confirm that you want to use the gen II (Raptor plate) instead of the original and that you intend to use the RTR spacers. You could also get the accessory arm and then mount either Rotopax (it is drilled for that) or mount some other jerry or MFC carrier by drilling your own holes. Be careful with whatever you mount on the plate because you need to consider how far the gate will swing before it smashes your tail light. I went with Oracle flashlights, but there's still a possibility of making contact depending on what's bolted on there.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They will with the 2nd gen HB plate. It is drilled for both the OEM hinges and Raptor hinges...and because the Raptor hinges are about 1/2 higher than the OEM hinges, it worked out well that the RTR adapters make the OEM hinges about 1/2 higher. I also like that you can remove one bolt at a time from your OEM hinges and replace with the RTR conical spacers so as to not get your tailgate out of alignment or risk losing the nutplates. If you go that route, contact Tyson via the forum or on his cell and confirm that you want to use the gen II (Raptor plate) instead of the original and that you intend to use the RTR spacers. You could also get the accessory arm and then mount either Rotopax (it is drilled for that) or mount some other jerry or MFC carrier by drilling your own holes. Be careful with whatever you mount on the plate because you need to consider how far the gate will swing before it smashes your tail light. I went with Oracle flashlights, but there's still a possibility of making contact depending on what's bolted on there.
Thanks for the follow up once again! My HB plate is due to arrive today, not sure if I got the Gen I or Gen II. As for the gate opening, I ended up going with the Mountains to Metal adjustable limiter...I like the adjustability and simplicity.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the follow up once again! My HB plate is due to arrive today, not sure if I got the Gen I or Gen II. As for the gate opening, I ended up going with the Mountains to Metal adjustable limiter...I like the adjustability and simplicity.
You got your M2M already? How exactly does it mount?

I suspect your HB plate is first gen if you ordered it for OEM non-Raptor hinges...that will not work with RTR adapters because of the angles.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I suspect your HB plate is first gen if you ordered it for OEM non-Raptor hinges...that will not work with RTR adapters because of the angles.
No, I have not received the M2M yet. They say no drilling to install. Looking at the website it looks like it utilizes the factory strut mount on one end but I can't figure the other end. Just shows a long bolt in the parts list. I'm guessing at least one hole will need to be drilled.

I actually didn't see the HB option for a Gen I or Gen II plate, website only shows one option. I'll have to check what I got when I get home.

bstottlemyer85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - NonSas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had M2M install mine at Super Celebration East, factory strut stays in place, they just remove the ball from the door side and install their bracket underneath the door and put the ball back in on the degree you want. **They did mention to me they will be coming out with replaceable struts that have metal joints to make them tougher

**As per source Cody@Mountains2Metal , "Not the entire strut, just the end-fitting that is prone to breaking."

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly IMG_3931

Last edited:

bstottlemyer85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - NonSas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IAG X-BRACE TAILGATE HINGE REINFORCEMENT FOR TWO & FOUR DOOR 2021+ FORD BRONCO

STYLE AND STRENGTH

If you've upgraded your wheels and tires on your Bronco you need this brace! The IAG X-Brace Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement is designed to support your Bronco's hinge, as well as spread the load of the spare tire across the tailgate. It's no secret that big tires are heavy! That new 37" Spare tire on your Bronco puts significant stress on the stock hinge assembly and can lead to sagging. On top of that, the larger spare tire is likely to distort the metal of your stock tailgate- especially when bouncing around on trails. The IAG X-Brace spreads the load across the tailgate and prevents these issues, plus it looks awesome on the back of your Bronco!
lighter.jpg

lighter.jpg

CAST ALUMINUM DESIGN
The X-Brace is cast from high strength aluminum typically used in components such as engine blocks. Weighing nearly 25 lbs, you'll feel the quality and strength as soon as you pick it up. The hinges are made from steel and feature stainless steel pins with bushings to ensure trouble-free operation. The X-Brace is finished in an attractive black powder coated finish for an OEM style appearance.
ACCESSORY READY
The IAG X-Brace Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement System is accessory ready. We've included two M10x1.50 threaded holes to eaisly mount our upcoming line of accessories such as Off-Road Flag Mounts, Jerry Can Mounts, or Off-Road Jack Holders.
lighter.jpg

lighter.jpg

EASY INSTALLATION
Installation is easy! We've provided an easy-to-follow installation video and PDF to outline all of the required steps. The X-Brace includes all required hardware for installation. Due to the weight of the unit we recommend having an assistant available while performing the installation.
3 YEAR WARRANTY
We're proud to offer a 3 Year Limited Warranty on the IAG X-Brace Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement. We will provide replacement parts or repairs for 3 years from the date of purchase for the original purchaser. In the event the product is discontinued, or service parts are not available, we will provide store credit for the amount of the original purchase.
lighter.png

Product Specifications:

• Product Name: IAG X-Brace Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement for Two & Four Door 2021+ Ford Bronco Includes:
  • Part Number: IAG-BDY-F3163
  • Material: Aluminum Body, Steel Hinges
  • Color: Black
  • Package Includes: IAG X-Brace, Mounting Brackets (x2), Paint Protection Kit
  • Fitment: 2021+ Ford Bronco Two and Four Door (NOT Bronco Sport)

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had M2M install mine at Super Celebration East, factory strut stays in place, they just remove the ball from the door side and install their bracket underneath the door and put the ball back in on the degree you want. **They did mention to me they will be coming out with replaceable struts that have metal joints to make them tougher

**As per source Cody@Mountains2Metal , "Not the entire strut, just the end-fitting that is prone to breaking."

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 1683140089272
I was worried that because my aftermarket bumper is closer to the tailgate then OEM that with that tailgate limiter dropping down so far beneath the tailgate that my strut may scrape on top of my bumper... How much room is there between the top of your bumper and the bottom of the strut?

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the IAG will have hinges made from steel and feature stainless steel pins with bushings. So Curious what everyones feedback is on this setup now that we have more details.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the IAG will have hinges made from steel and feature stainless steel pins with bushings. So Curious what everyones feedback is on this setup now that we have more details.
My 2 cents:

1. It costs 600 dollars...on the expensive side for what one gets.
2. Half the hinge assembly is aluminum...the other half is steel. The weak link is the aluminum. How many OEM steel hinge failures have we read about in the forum? Zero...the aluminum tailgate or the formed sheet metal pillar will fail before even our OEM hinges.
3. You get two M10 drilled/threaded mounting holes...in aluminium...designed for more IAG accessories. Why not make them universal?
4. The assembly weighs nearly 25 pounds...I thought the goal was reducing stress on the tailgate? With an OEM SAS spare that equals 105...and a gas can with gas puts you over the max limit. Yes, the reinforcement is supposed to reinforce, but I know of no tests in which the longevity of a system that is over the weight limit was assessed.
5. The reinforcement is sandwiched between only the passenger side of the carrier...and spacers have to go on the other side. That pushes the spare further out, and puts even more stress on the assembly. The reason the product does not extend to the driver side is probably because the curvature of the tailgate (as slight as it is) and aluminum thin enough to not push the carrier out even further wouldn't be structurally ideal...whereas a metal plate can bend slightly to conform to that slight curve even as it extends to the driver side bolt holes.

I am all for innovation and supporting new products but I am confused as to why so many members are so willing to just buy a product (any product) without first comparing all the other options. It is great for the company, however! Hats off to their marketing efforts and I imagine they will sell a lot of them.

Last edited:

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We know everyone is anxiously awaiting these and we wanted to let you know that we are getting closer! Unfortunately, no exact ETA just quite yet, but the product page is now live and has a spot where you can sign up to be notified once it is available.

https://iagoffroad.com/iag-x-brace-tailgate-hinge-reinforcement-for-21-bronco/
I don't see the weight in the specs. Could you please let us know, is the final weight of the system still about 20 lbs? Also, you mentioned the introductory price of $499, will that still be the case? TIA

Last edited:

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was told Smittybilt is coming out with something similar to this mid May. Curious to see how it compares to this one and what they use material wise. I used a Smittybilt one for my 2016 jeep and it was great.
Sponsored