First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am running 37’s and a stinger sub box on factory hinges and have had zero issues whatsoever.

IMG_4488.jpeg
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am running 37’s and a stinger sub box on factory hinges and have had zero issues whatsoever.

IMG_4488.jpeg
...yet...here is hoping it remains issue free! I suspect all of us running up to 37s would probably be okay it's just that for anybody who wants to carry anything extra on the back that a reinforcement plate becomes more attractive/necessary. I have a two-door and I figured that adding a gas can with any type of carrier that would mount and the extra weight would easily put me way over the limit.

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...yet...here is hoping it remains issue free! I suspect all of us running up to 37s would probably be okay it's just that for anybody who wants to carry anything extra on the back that a reinforcement plate becomes more attractive/necessary. I have a two-door and I figured that adding a gas can with any type of carrier that would mount and the extra weight would easily put me way over the limit.
Do you really need the gas can? I had one mounted on the rack of my 4Runner for 3 years and the only few times it was ever used was when I had to help someone else out.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you really need the gas can? I had one mounted on the rack of my 4Runner for 3 years and the only few times it was ever used was when I had to help someone else out.
That is a very valid point...in all honesty I think a lot of people get excited about all the cool stuff they can add, when in fact the reality of it ever being used is probably slim to none. Even so, I also added a water carrier (Rollpax) and with my limited two-door interior space now I can throw my dogs in there and at least have enough water to carry around without infringing on that limited interior space (in addition to having the extra 4 gallons of gas on hand). Additionally, specifically for me, I went with the Road Armor rear bumper because even the steel bumper for the Badlands is on the weak side IMHO...and then when Road Armor came out with a matching swing out spare tire carrier that's frame mounted, I couldn't resist. To be fair, as anyone who has opened up their tailgate with the stock setup probably noticed, there is already sag with even the factory spare...which is why when you adjust it with the tire off the tailgate has to be readjusted because it rises due to the extra weight being removed. It is also important to note that the latch itself is not the strongest mechanism out there, and even though the tailgate does an adequate job of supporting the factory spare, I would wager that over the years and miles and bumps that that latch is going to wear out...and with all the bouncing around that some folks do that's also going to stress the hard top because there is movement (from the pillar) even with the tailgate in the closed position. Now that I've done all the work (and wasted a lot of money) and gone through so many different iterations of tailgate braces I'm happy with the swing out carrier for my intended purpose...but I absolutely agree that most owners will be able to get away without adding anything and probably never have anything bad happen as a result.

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s some good info. Here. Just because there are questions, doesn’t mean the answers aren’t positive. I’ll be hanging a 37x12.50 Mickey and a RRW Beadlock off the back of this. It should arrive in a few days and I’ll report back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately, that is not accurate. Someone was on the wrong product when they adjusted inventory levels this morning and didn't catch it until it showed up on the website. We will be reaching out to the people that purchased this directly to let them know.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't see the weight in the specs. Could you please let us know, is the final weight of the system still about 20 lbs? Also, you mentioned the introductory price of $499, will that still be the case? TIA
@IAG Performance wondering the same thing. 500 is the upper range for something like this IMO with other options floating around 2-300. I like this the best excluding the price.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exciting news! The assembly of our X-Brace Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement systems is underway!

To ensure you're among the first to know when they become available, simply click the "Notify Me When Available" button on the product page linked below. By doing so, you'll receive an email notification as soon as they are in stock and ready to ship.

We're getting closer each day to making these reinforcements accessible to you. Stay tuned!

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly IMG_6268.JPG

Sponsored

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exciting news! The assembly of our X-Brace Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement systems is underway!

To ensure you're among the first to know when they become available, simply click the "Notify Me When Available" button on the product page linked below. By doing so, you'll receive an email notification as soon as they are in stock and ready to ship.

We're getting closer each day to making these reinforcements accessible to you. Stay tuned!

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly IMG_6268.JPG
Do you have an installation video available yet? I would like to review the process before purchasing when available.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have an installation video available yet? I would like to review the process before purchasing when available.
Not quite but it will be available soon. It is shot just need to do the editing work.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Will there be some sort of spacer in between the reinforcement and the tailgate, to prevent scratches? Or will it butt right up against the tailgate?

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will there be some sort of spacer in between the reinforcement and the tailgate, to prevent scratches? Or will it butt right up against the tailgate?

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored