David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Want to get these for my incoming wildtrak. What are the lead times on these right now including delivery to the northeast? Was hoping I could get them in 2 1/2 weeks but I’m guessing that’s wishful thinking.
I ordered May 9th with residential delivery and they arrived June 8th
Sponsored

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been almost 6 months and Shrockworks still doesn't have the 2 door sliders. :(

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Want to get these for my incoming wildtrak. What are the lead times on these right now including delivery to the northeast? Was hoping I could get them in 2 1/2 weeks but I’m guessing that’s wishful thinking.
Yeah, I'm thinking that's not gonna work. Mine was the same kind of timeframe as Blaylock. I would just call them. They have always been super helpful whenever I have called, so I would recommend doing that. If you call and they don't answer, I have found it's just easier to call back in a bit rather than leave a message.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's been almost 6 months and Shrockworks still doesn't have the 2 door sliders. :(
You might want to give them a call because I ordered some stick nuts from them about 6 weeks ago to build my own sliders and Mark told me they were about to release the 2-door ones. It sounded imminent enough that I would've just bought their sliders if I hadn't already bent my tubing and laser cut my top plates. He did say it looked like the 2-door ones could go UPS rather than requiring freight shipping like the 4-door ones so that should save some coin.

Sponsored

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might want to give them a call because I ordered some stick nuts from them about 6 weeks ago to build my own sliders and Mark told me they were about to release the 2-door ones. It sounded imminent enough that I would've just bought their sliders if I hadn't already bent my tubing and laser cut my top plates. He did say it looked like the 2-door ones could go UPS rather than requiring freight shipping like the 4-door ones so that should save some coin.
Good idea, thanks!

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking forward to seeing the 2Door versions come to market and learn how the install process goes. I’m still waiting for my 2D so…no rush on my end. Regarding feedback my only wish list item at this time is that the step top plate fills in the entire negative space at the front of the slider. This could help reduce debris / splash from flying up and hitting the doors. I made a similar comment on IG but no reply. Hopefully Shrockworks joins the forum!

Anyway, thanks for all the install posts. Cheers.

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just installed these rock slider steps on my Wildtrak this weekend. Love them. Really well built and look great. But, those stick nuts are such a pain. Took me about 8 hours to do both. Shorter than I expected, though. The drivers side probably took 5 of those hours. I had the most difficult time with the rear stick nuts on the driver's side. I have most of the skid plates that Asfir offers and on the driver's side I had to remove most of the bolts for the transfer case skid plate to be able to drop it enough to slide the front mount of the step under it... all while not ripping out any lines running on the outside of the frame. It was really cumbersome to try to maneuver by myself. I'd suggest a helping hand if possible.

On the rear driver's side, I fed the stick nuts through the slotted "screw" holes and lining them up as best I could before doing anything with the steps.

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks 1658028512254

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks 1658028639185

For the most part I was able to balance the step on a jack stand while part of the mount sat on the top of the LCA.

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks 1658028841588

Here is the Asfir transfer case skid plate I needed to drop a bit to slide the step mount under.

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks 1658028908359

I had to enlarge the one hole in the skid plate to a half inch to accommodate the larger step mount screw. The other original screw for the skid plate is now too short. I'm debating whether I even need it with the larger bolt.

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks 1658029056026

The passenger side went much quicker. I didn't have to do anything with the fuel tank. Didn't have to drop it at all. I was able to easily reach the inside of the frame where the longer silver bolt comes through. It was just barely in front of the fuel tank. Enough room to get my fingers and a box end wrench in there.

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks 1658029244997

Here is the hole on the passenger's side that needs drilled. After I drilled it, I coated the hole with undercoating to protect it a bit. The front step mount just misses the mount for the Asfir fuel tank skid.

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks 1658029363354

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks 1658029438157

I'm very happy with the end results.

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks 1658029464194

Thank you @Blaylock1988 for your video. It was extremely helpful.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed these rock slider steps on my Wildtrak this weekend. Love them. Really well built and look great. But, those stick nuts are such a pain. Took me about 8 hours to do both. Shorter than I expected, though. The drivers side probably took 5 of those hours. I had the most difficult time with the rear stick nuts on the driver's side. I have most of the skid plates that Asfir offers and on the driver's side I had to remove most of the bolts for the transfer case skid plate to be able to drop it enough to slide the front mount of the step under it... all while not ripping out any lines running on the outside of the frame. It was really cumbersome to try to maneuver by myself. I'd suggest a helping hand if possible.

On the rear driver's side, I fed the stick nuts through the slotted "screw" holes and lining them up as best I could before doing anything with the steps.

For the most part I was able to balance the step on a jack stand while part of the mount sat on the top of the LCA.

Here is the Asfir transfer case skid plate I needed to drop a bit to slide the step mount under.

I had to enlarge the one hole in the skid plate to a half inch to accommodate the larger step mount screw. The other original screw for the skid plate is now too short. I'm debating whether I even need it with the larger bolt.

The passenger side went much quicker. I didn't have to do anything with the fuel tank. Didn't have to drop it at all. I was able to easily reach the inside of the frame where the longer silver bolt comes through. It was just barely in front of the fuel tank. Enough room to get my fingers and a box end wrench in there.

Here is the hole on the passenger's side that needs drilled. After I drilled it, I coated the hole with undercoating to protect it a bit. The front step mount just misses the mount for the Asfir fuel tank skid.

I'm very happy with the end results.

Thank you @Blaylock1988 for your video. It was extremely helpful.
Awesome. Glad you like them as well. Yeah, I probably should have done something to protect the hole I drilled, but I didn't. We'll see if I end up regretting that decision.

Sponsored

STING555

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine a couple weeks ago. Took me about 6 hours total in my garage including the uninstall of the oem sliders. The video and instructions from @Blaylock1988 were spot on. Highly recommend following his method which avoids disconnecting rear control arms and avoids fully dropping the fuel tank with factory fuel tank skid.

Stick nuts separate the men from the boys, they’re no joke, but it’s all doable.

Looking for a nice finish, I ordered the plastic rocker protectors from Ford to go along with the sliders. Super happy with the end result.

A simple pinch weld cover would also be fine as an alternate to the plastic rocker panels from ford.

I have I set of Shrockworks on my 4runner and they have test and been top notch all around for the last 6+years.

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks 04AFF238-C1A5-4E99-8061-A0D6CD7819FD

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One question & one comment.

Stick nuts: Long term, do these rattle inside the frame?

2Door sliders: pricing now live on Shrockworks site but no pics yet.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as I can tell, when you tighten the bolt through the nut, it kinda wedges the tail against the the frame, so I think the chances of them rattling are really low. I'm sure it's possible, but we have not had any issues yet.

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have had mine on for two months without a peep.

STING555

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No issues with the stick nuts making noise or moving around. The tails are fairly rigid/stiff and don’t wiggle when driving around.
Sponsored