Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Advanced
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK folks just finished installing mine on my TWO door black basesquatch.
Directions....yeah right! by the way upper control arm access for stick nuts is bogus.
SO drivers side relatively a piece of cake. YOU do not need to remove the control arm: position the slider on jack stands with towels between so you don't scratch, and install front bolts and snug, now jack the side of the vehicle at frame until the rear drivers tire is off the ground, then wiggle the bolt up thru the bottom hole of rear mount. I put the side bolt in its hole to help position. I used the round inboard hole to do both stick nuts...Use small vise grips so you don't loose the stick down inside the frame...TWO vise grips.
Passenger Side: OK fuel tank on a TWO DOOR does have to be 'dropped' a little bit. WARNING: The long bolt in the front is too long to install from the outside!! I believe it will eventually punch a hole in the tank.
This is the process I used and it was NOT too difficult at all. I have a factory skid plate on the fuel tank (???) and its outside flange gets in the way of positioning the slider. Loosen the two fuel tank bolts at the the frame (outboard) and two fronts a little, so that you can get the slider positioned...pop three wire loom keepers off. Start at back and force!! the front mount up under the skid flange. Now position the slider on the towel covered jack stands as before...Jack up vehicle at the frame toward rear until passenger side rear wheel is off the ground. At rear mount, With side bolt already in position, wiggle the bottom bolt into its hole. Let the truck down on the ground. I used the round hole on the outboard side of the frame because the fuel tank is in the way of any access. I tighten these snug...Now the plot thickens...bottle jack if you need to push the front mount against the frame BOTTOM, and wedge wood or cardboard to snug front mount against SIDE of frame. You need to have proper position to drill the 1/2" hole in bottom of frame. DO IT. Now put that bolt in at the bottom, stick nut - the hole is right there. OK so at this point you have two maybe four fuel tank bolts loose about an inch, all jack are out of the way, and three mount bolts are snugged.
Fuel tank drop. position a floor jack with a good sized, length of tank, piece of plywood, (half inch at least)and snug it up in the "forward middle" of the tank. The VERY REAR Two fuel tank bolts I loosened almost an inch. With the tank supported, remove the two front bolts, the bolt at the drive shaft tunnel (middle of truck), and the two that were loosed already at the frame outboard side. Slowly lower the tank...about 3 to 4 inches, WATCH the hoses at front of tank AND check to see if you have enough room to get your hand with the plate, washer and long bolt COMBO into the hole (big hole) on the inside of the frame and poke thru' the hole in the mount on the OUTSIDE of the frame. Be ready with the washer and nut for the outside. Ratchet outside, open end 3/4" wrench inside to tighten that mother up, TIGHT.
I watched as I jacked the tank back up to verify clearance, cause there is not enough for the tip of the bolt sticking out to the nut; like on the driver's side.
Just my two cents,
No warranties or guarantee implied.

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! About to tackle this on my 2-door. Sliders just showed up yesterday.

fritzg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Advanced
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks! About to tackle this on my 2-door. Sliders just showed up yesterday.
Kenny I see LV also...
I am new to this site so not sure how Comm works to ask me a question...?? IF you need to...
I am usually 'around'
fritz

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, just starting on the driver side and the long 5" bolt lines up with a large oval opening which makes me think I should have received some sort of metal plate to use on the back side? If this is correct, I did not receive this plate. Can anyone who has mounted on a 2-door confirm? Thank you.

Sponsored

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saw the instructions someone posted earlier in this thread. Looks like I was supposed to receive 2 backing plates. Unfortunately, I did not get those. The picture shows everything I received. Looks like this project is going to be postponed...

IMG_0013.jpeg

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just saw the instructions someone posted earlier in this thread. Looks like I was supposed to receive 2 backing plates. Unfortunately, I did not get those. The picture shows everything I received. Looks like this project is going to be postponed...

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks IMG_0013
Yeah, I actually only got one of the backing plates when I ordered them. Sorry to see you didn't get either of them. They will take care of you for sure. They will be worth the wait, still loving ours.

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was able to mount the sliders with the 3 bolts/stick-nuts for now. Will get with Shrockworks on Monday to get the backing plates. Even without that bolt, these things aren't going anywhere! Reading all of the tips and tricks was a huge help (thanks everyone).

Here are a few things I tried that I felt helped: I was really afraid of losing the stick-nut in the frame so I drilled a small hole in the handle end and ran wire through it leaving about a foot long tail. I used this to fish it out if I accidentally dropped it and allowed me to not have to use vice grips which allowed me more freedom to get the nuts in position. It also really helped as an aid to maneuvering the stick nut inside the frame. On the passenger side, I had to trim a small section of the gas tank skid plate in order to drill the hole in the frame. It was covering the hole by about 1/2".

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks IMG_0023

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks IMG_0020

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks IMG_0026

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks IMG_0029

Ford Bronco New Rock Sliders - Shrockworks IMG_0030

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else have trouble getting in touch with Shrockworks? It's been a month and I still haven't received the backing plates that weren't included with my order. It took me 3 days to finally talk with someone to let them know that they were missing. I was told they would ship them right out. I have since called numerous times and can never get anyone to answer the phone. I have emailed their customer service a couple of times, again without any reply. The lack of customer service is getting a little frustrating at this point.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else have trouble getting in touch with Shrockworks? It's been a month and I still haven't received the backing plates that weren't included with my order. It took me 3 days to finally talk with someone to let them know that they were missing. I was told they would ship them right out. I have since called numerous times and can never get anyone to answer the phone. I have emailed their customer service a couple of times, again without any reply. The lack of customer service is getting a little frustrating at this point.
I have literally been trying to get in touch with them for 3 weeks to figure out what their lead time is since these are made to order. I have called dozens of times, left multiple voicemails and emailed. Nothing. I just called again today and their voicemail is full and not accepting new messages. Something is up. Small operation. Owner might have something medical going on.

I'm trying to be patient as I really want their sliders and am located in the Houston area, but I may have to move on to someone else.

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the Shrockworks Facebook account:

"After two decades of serving the off-road community, it is with heavy hearts that we announce we have to close our doors. We assure you every other option has been extensively explored. This is the last outcome we ever imagined for the company we have worked so hard to build. The last few years of economic hardship and rising cost of goods has been detrimental for small businesses. We have heard all of your frustrations and understand completely; we are working hard to assure the best outcome for a terrible situation. Thank you for your years of support and your patience as we navigate this difficult process."

I guess I should be glad I'm only missing my backing plates. Sad. Awesome product for sure.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to mount the sliders with the 3 bolts/stick-nuts for now. Will get with Shrockworks on Monday to get the backing plates. Even without that bolt, these things aren't going anywhere! Reading all of the tips and tricks was a huge help (thanks everyone).

Here are a few things I tried that I felt helped: I was really afraid of losing the stick-nut in the frame so I drilled a small hole in the handle end and ran wire through it leaving about a foot long tail. I used this to fish it out if I accidentally dropped it and allowed me to not have to use vice grips which allowed me more freedom to get the nuts in position. It also really helped as an aid to maneuvering the stick nut inside the frame. On the passenger side, I had to trim a small section of the gas tank skid plate in order to drill the hole in the frame. It was covering the hole by about 1/2".

What angle are these?

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure of the exact angle, but the company just went out of business so not a viable option any longer.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure of the exact angle, but the company just went out of business so not a viable option any longer.
Yeah..I knew that. I ordered RCI Offroad version @ 20 degrees so was just wondering what yours were. I think these are 20

410276C9-A1FA-48BF-BC1B-029E1C5D93DE.jpeg
Sponsored