Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The info on this rack sucks. It looks ok but what are the static and dynamic load limits?

OP
OP

BCBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door outer Banks. 2014 ram 3500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I sent them a message requesting that info yestueday. I'll let out know their response. I'd imagine it should be decent as it sits on the tub not the roof. But we'll see.

Reactions: Jdc
OP
OP

BCBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depending on if the top rack lifts up or not. Looks like the top rack is a seperate piece maybe.

Sponsored

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The info on this rack sucks. It looks ok but what are the static and dynamic load limits?
I agree and it reads odd. Why do they say "USA Call Center"? It reads like it is imported when it is worded like that. Also doesn't say built in USA. At least I didn't notice. The other, let's say "flag", is the price. ZroadZ is $1600+ and has all the pertinent info. I think GOBI is coming out with one too.

Edit: Not that I "want" to pay $1600 but just saying. I also think I may just want something on the rear part of the top. Not sure yet. I do realize that reduces load capacity.

Edit 2: This looks interesting. Though I would want flat black. https://badasstents.com/product/2021-22-ford-new-bronco-full-size-roof-rack/

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdc

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree and it reads odd. Why do they say "USA Call Center"? It reads like it is imported when it is worded like that. Also doesn't say built in USA. At least I didn't notice. The other, let's say "flag", is the price. ZroadZ is $1600+ and has all the pertinent info. I think GOBI is coming out with one too.

Edit: Not that I "want" to pay $1600 but just saying. I also think I may just want something on the rear part of the top. Not sure yet. I do realize that reduces load capacity.

Edit 2: This looks interesting. Though I would want flat black. https://badasstents.com/product/2021-22-ford-new-bronco-full-size-roof-rack/
Yes and no, Watch the video and you'll notice a few things that are problematic. I had a Yakima HD rack on my Ram and realized a few things are important to think about when choosing a rack. The first issue is the hardware they've chosen. Serrated nuts are fine for a little while. But not for the long haul. Too much vibration and they'll come free and once they're slightly loose they totally gone in the next minute because there is nothing to stop them from vibrating off. Nylock is the way to go, but cost more.
The bolts they use are also too short for the application. The threads don't even come through the nuts which means they aren't even getting the best opportunity to engage all the threads and will come off even sooner.
The cross bars are another issue. How do you add a tie down to them? There are no cut outs because they've simply purchased stock 80/20 rail and not bothered to machine in openings to drop in T-bolts. So you have to disassemble the side every time you want to add something to it.
I didn't notice them installing the rear brackets to the hardtop and there are no pictures up close of that so I'm assuming here but is that a direct metal to MIC top connection without any sort of rubber or anything to avoid the heavy scuffing it will do to the roof? Looks pretty rough.
And the final thing I noticed is the front mount plate to the windscreen surround. That part looks totally flat and yet the windshield surround looks to have a curve, or radius to it. Plus once it's installed the opening gets no treatment to cover up the hardware attaching it up there? That's pretty incomplete for $1500 and the rear rack has only a 75# rating? What is that good for? Nothing in overloading.

Looks like it's been rushed to the market by a someone who's not taken the time to engineer a proper solution.

Of course I could be work and way off point. Lets see a better video debunking my assumptions and showing the areas I've pointed out to see if I'm wrong.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you add a tie down to them? There are no cut outs because they've simply purchased stock 80/20 rail and not bothered to machine in openings to drop in T-bolts. So you have to disassemble the side every time you want to add something to it.
That was the first thing I noticed. How the hell do you access the slots?

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the rack/platform itself is 80lbs?? 🤷
That must be made of steel and powder coated. Another reason to think before you buy this. Function needs to come before aesthetics especially when chucking that weight above the roof line. Center of Gravity at play up there.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BCBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
80 lbs ain't much really..

OP
OP

BCBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes it actually is. That's without the anything you want to mount on it.

That whole advertisement is a photoshop job anyways. I doubt that they actually fit one onto a truck yet.
Well the Gobi 4 door jeep one they make is 88 lbs. And so their bronco one will be similar. And So any full body roof rack will be the same if it's built solid.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the Gobi 4 door jeep one they make is 88 lbs. And so their bronco one will be similar. And So any full body roof rack will be the same if it's built solid.
Gobi mounts to the base of the rear bumper and the wind screen so has vertices to reach there. Also has a 300# kinetic and 800# static limit. They aren't cheap but what they are is proven in the industry in some of the toughest overloading and transcontinental rigs. Gobi is really stout. Who is this Overland Vehicle Systems? Kind of a different deal. This one has some weird top loop that seems totally unnecessary. Unless it's a basket or something?
Sponsored