Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The soft top was originally in the cost. If you added the hard top it was $695 extra.

Trooper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would love to be wrong, but I suspect that these are just bimini tops. Looks like a combined package including both a mesh and canvas bimini top? Otherwise, why would they sell it together with the existing soft top?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would love to be wrong, but I suspect that these are just bimini tops. Looks like a combined package including both a mesh and canvas bimini top? Otherwise, why would they sell it together with the existing soft top?
If you look at the combo, it states “soft top & SHADE top”. The prices add up too. Something is absolutely afoot, I’d put money on this being the start of 22MY b&p tweaking.

Sponsored

chaustin

Badlands
First Name
charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
doesn't appear that you can select the canvas/mesh top and remove the mic on the 2 doors. so the canvas top is an additional item, for the 2 door.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not for 2-door though. On 2-door the hardtop was including in the cost.
so on the 4 door you now have to pay $1650 for the soft top. So Ford tells us to order the soft top if we want a Bronco earlier then sticks us for an extra $1650 for doing so?

OP
OP
WCS67

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you look at the combo, it states “soft top & SHADE top”. The prices add up too. Something is absolutely afoot, I’d put money on this being the start of 22MY b&p tweaking.
I was thinking the same thing. That, or maybe it’s just a foldable section over the front passengers that you can toss open. Although $1600 would be pricey just for that!

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing. That, or maybe it’s just a foldable section over the front passengers that you can toss open. Although $1600 would be pricey just for that!
That’s a bestop specific item. Sun rider I believe? Totally different. No, the way this is set up and worded this definitely a stand alone soft top with the option to add the mesh shade top (mesh bikini top) in a combo.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are add-on accessories from your dealer they are making available in the B&P.

Sponsored

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice find, but the sun shade from Bestop is a better deal at $270.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finding it a little hard to believe that a mesh Bimini and canvas tarp (pictured in B&P) is $2k. Something else is going on here. Most likely scenario is a Rockstar screwup, not gonna hold out hope they’ll let 2D unscheduled orders switch to a softie.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
before you get bent out of shape .. look closer and you will see that the 1650 soft top is an upgraded soft top made from canvas and not just the base cloth soft top.

go build an outerbanks and you will see

so on the 4 door you now have to pay $1650 for the soft top. So Ford tells us to order the soft top if we want a Bronco earlier then sticks us for an extra $1650 for doing so?

Reactions: RG7

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't you find this rather odd that suddenly there are multiple options for "soft" tops and possibly a 2 door version and no announcement alerting us to the option? Also, if this canvas top is really an option for the 2 door then why not offer as substitute for the MIC top. Doesn't make sense.
Here's my prediction: Once the MY22 B&P goes live, they'll offer the soft top as an alternative to the hard top for 2-door Broncos. They'll make a big deal out of it like "We listened...blah, blah, blah" and COMPLETELY ignore the fact that in the meantime, they already bumped all their 2-door customers who don't have a VIN to 2022, AND they screwed us out of AMB and RR.

So we're still not getting a MY21, even if we have a Day 1 timestamp, and we're still not getting the color we ordered. And the ONLY reason we want the 2-door soft top option in the first place is so we can get our Bronco this year, and get the color we wanted.

If they pull that, they must think their customers are a bunch of idiots. I sure hope they don't, because that would just be cruel.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's my prediction: Once the MY22 B&P goes live, they'll offer the soft top as an alternative to the hard top for 2-door Broncos. They'll make a big deal out of it like "We listened...blah, blah, blah" and COMPLETELY ignore the fact that in the meantime, they already bumped all their 2-door customers who don't have a VIN to 2022, AND they screwed us out of AMB and RR.

So we're still not getting a MY21, even if we have a Day 1 timestamp, and we're still not getting the color we ordered. And the ONLY reason we want the 2-door soft top option in the first place is so we can get our Bronco this year, and get the color we wanted.

If they pull that, they must think their customers are a bunch of idiots. I sure hope they don't, because that would just be cruel.
I think you’re real close. All this time 2drs been screaming for a factory top, this move wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Sponsored