Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so ford needs to talk to me also... which they have not....
You might think that, and you’re entitled to you’re own opinion but they don’t have to, and I doubt they will.

I didn't say Ford needed to explain it to me. I simply said Ford needed to fill to correctly read on whatever dipstick comes from the factory.

To clarify, when I pick up my Bronco from the dealer and pull the dipstick, I want to know why it reads in the overfilled zone.
No offense, because I don’t know you, but are you sure you checked it correctly?
Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You might think that, and you’re entitled to you’re own opinion but they don’t have to, and I doubt they will.

No offense, because I don’t know you, but are you sure you checked it correctly?
Are you saying that a person like me does not know how to checked the oil..... after 60 years of doing my own oil changes..... I own and change the oil and service all my 14 different vehicles.... YES mine was overfull from the factory is still over full from the factory ( according to the wrong stick that was installed in the Bronco) because I have not changed my oil yet.... and yes... Ford should communicate with the owners also....

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you saying that a person like me does not know how to checked the oil..... after 60 years of doing my own oil changes..... I own and change the oil and service all my 14 different vehicles.... YES mine was overfull from the factory is still over full from the factory because I have not changed my oil yet.... and yes... Ford should communicate with the owners also....
Debatable. Anyway, maybe reread my comment, because I clearly didn’t quote you about checking the oil 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Debatable. Anyway, maybe reread my comment, because I clearly didn’t quote you about checking the oil 🤦🏻‍♂️
But you implied that some people don't know how to check their oil....and I will bet you that da jokker knows how to check his oil also...

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But you implied that some people don't know how to check their oil....and I will bet you that da jokker knows how to check his oil also...
I didn’t imply anything. I asked. Also there’s probably an absolute ton of people in this world that don’t know how to check oil level correctly, even maybe some that claim to have been doing it for a long time, so I’d say it’s a fair question to ask. Either way, it was a question for him, not you.

You lost all credibility in my opinion when you claimed the Bronco 2.7 is the nano engine not the same as the older 2.7. So once again, I’m not going to argue with you, because it’s a waste of my time.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From my understanding (And maybe I missed it), But Ford never installed the wrong dick stick. Only the online catalog showed the wrong dipstick for a short period.

The only way those dipsticks got "installed" in a Bronco was DYI.
Curious, I'll find out tomorrow and do what works for me. Thx

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn’t imply anything. I asked. Also there’s probably an absolute ton of people in this world that don’t know how to check oil level correctly, even maybe some that claim to have been doing it for a long time, so I’d say it’s a fair question to ask. Either way, it was a question for him, not you.

You lost all credibility in my opinion when you claimed the Bronco 2.7 is the nano engine not the same as the older 2.7. So once again, I’m not going to argue with you, because it’s a waste of my time.
Here you go Sparky.... not the same.....

The Nano was first introduced in the 2015 F-150, marking a new era of turbocharged engines at Ford. It also proved that a light duty truck could be powered by a forced induction engine, all while helping Ford meet its fuel economy and emissions standards.

In 2018, the engine saw several revisions, such as the addition of port fuel injection, a new lightweight cam to save weight as well as a stronger dual-chain cam drive system. The engine also received a new electrically actuated wastegate for more accurate control of turbo boost, a high-pressure exhaust gas recirculation system, and a variable-displacement oil pump to better modulate oil flow and reduce parasitic losses.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here you go Sparky.... not the same.....

The Nano was first introduced in the 2015 F-150, marking a new era of turbocharged engines at Ford. It also proved that a light duty truck could be powered by a forced induction engine, all while helping Ford meet its fuel economy and emissions standards.

In 2018, the engine saw several revisions, such as the addition of port fuel injection, a new lightweight cam to save weight as well as a stronger dual-chain cam drive system. The engine also received a new electrically actuated wastegate for more accurate control of turbo boost, a high-pressure exhaust gas recirculation system, and a variable-displacement oil pump to better modulate oil flow and reduce parasitic losses.
You literally just proved my point. Thank you 😂

The bronco engine is the same as the older 2018+ f150 2.7’s.

Remember I was talking about how the f150 has the same engine and only hold 6 quarts…. But then you claimed they weren’t the same… yet now you’re posting information saying they are the same… just give up. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You literally just proved my point. Thank you 😂

The bronco engine is the same as the older 2018+ f150 2.7’s.

Remember I was talking about how the f150 has the same engine and only hold 6 quarts…. But then you claimed they weren’t the same… yet now you’re posting information saying they are the same… just give up. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
Not the older engines from 2015.... I said older..... no newer.... also go check the part number oil pan on the f150... not the same as the Bronco....

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not the older engines from 2015.... I said older..... no newer.... also go check the part number oil pan on the f150... not the same as the Bronco....
The oil pans on the fusions with 2.7’s and edges with 2.7’s also have different oil pans. Every 2.7 gets a different oil pan depending on what it’s packaged for and going into.. this literally doesn’t mean anything. They all hold 6 quarts.

The more hilarious part is when you claimed it’s not possible for a 2.3 and 2.7 to take the same amount of oil, yet they have for years now.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 53502c66eab8ea0368f1c956

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The oil pans on the fusions with 2.7’s and edges with 2.7’s also have different oil pans. Every 2.7 gets a different oil pan depending on what it’s packaged for and going into.. this literally doesn’t mean anything. They all hold 6 quarts.

The more hilarious part is when you claimed it’s not possible for a 2.3 and 2.7 to take the same amount of oil, yet they have for years now.
And the Bronco oil pan is suppose to hold 7 qt... that is why they are different... I said the 2.3 is holding more than the 2.7 with one less turbo and less lines... 6.2 is the fill on the 2.3... 6qt you now say for the 2.7

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I say Ford lied when they said the Bronco was going to get a 7-quart oil pan, and used a 6-quart one instead. Lol!
Sponsored