Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And the Bronco oil pan is suppose to hold 7 qt... that is why they are different... I said the 2.3 is holding more than the 2.7 with one less turbo and less lines... 6.2 is the fill on the 2.3
Wrong again. 6.0 quarts is the fill on the 2.3

The 7 qt pan was a rumor, but was never confirmed as far as I know, and obviously never made it to production if Ford is saying it takes 6 quarts.

I’m just going to summarize this because I’m tired of commenting the same thing over and over… According to Ford, the 2.7 and the 2.3 both take 6 quarts of oil, and all of the dip sticks that came in Broncos from the factory are correct. The end.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I say Ford lied when they said the Bronco was going to get a 7-quart oil pan, and used a 6-quart one instead. Lol!
I don't know about that... Ford put 7.5qt in mine... :)

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wrong again. 6.0 quarts is the fill on the 2.3

The 7 qt pan was a rumor, but was never confirmed as far as I know, and obviously never made it to production if Ford is saying it takes 6 quarts.

I’m just going to summarize this because I’m tired of commenting the same thing over and over… According to Ford, the 2.7 and the 2.3 both take 6 quarts of oil, and all of the dip sticks that came in Broncos from the factory are correct. The end.
Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 1660409190031

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just more of your outdated information. Keep believing whatever you want. I don’t care.
Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 90BBDDF0-696B-4643-9FE9-883F28A0928F
No what the owners manual says.... and that is why they call it a "owners" manual.... so who is doing the oil change gets it right....

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Related but different... What's the view of using Amsoil since it's been tested by multiple services and individuals to be better than most oils. However they have chosen not to be API certified due to certain constraints. Would this therefore void warranty or would Ford accept Amsoil as an equivalent replacement to Motorcraft?

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No what the owners manual says.... and that is why they call it a "owners" manual.... so who is doing the oil change gets it right....
You’re right, what I posted is from the workshop manual, which trumps the owners manual and is far more important. But since you think you know everything, and I’d love to prove you wrong once again. Here’s the newest version of the owners manual. 2.3L is 6.0 quarts. So like I said, keep believing you’re outdated information 😂

C0F98B99-896D-410B-8353-41F23871C246.jpeg

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Related but different... What's the view of using Amsoil since it's been tested by multiple services and individuals to be better than most oils. However they have chosen not to be API certified due to certain constraints. Would this therefore void warranty or would Ford accept Amsoil as an equivalent replacement to Motorcraft?
I don’t think it would void any warranty. Dealerships don’t sent oil samples out. So they would have no idea what type of oil it is.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’re right, what I posted is from the workshop manual, which trumps the owners manual and is far more important. But since you think you know everything, and I’d love to prove you wrong once again. Here’s the newest version of the owners manual. 2.3L is 6.0 quarts. So like I said, keep believing you’re outdated information 😂

Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion C0F98B99-896D-410B-8353-41F23871C246
Not everyone has a shop manual… but everyone gets a owners manual…. Did Ford notified the 2.3 owners of the change or is this the new manual for the Bronco that is coming out of the factory now….

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Somehow I have the feeling that if those posting angry comments in this thread were to insert that dipstick where the sun don't shine, they would find that they too are over filled.
The Vette in your profile pic is identical to my dad's old 69 convertible, his was yellow with a black interior 350/350 horse 4 speed car.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I change my own oil .... the OEM dipstick showed the oil as way overfilled .... got the new dipstick and after putting in 7 qtz with a cold engine (overnight) the new dipstick is showing half way between min/max points

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Vette in your profile pic is identical to my dad's old 69 convertible, his was yellow with a black interior 350/350 horse 4 speed car.
GM only offered Daytona Yellow in 1969 and 1970. I bought the Vette many years ago after a night of heavy drinker with its former owner. I think I had it out three times this year (and not since Texas temps hit triple digits). I put it up for sale four days ago. It's time for someone else to enjoy it.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had a Ronin drain plug I wanted to install so drained oil last night and today put in 6 quarts.
Drove till hot, waited an hour and with our original dipstick FT4E=6750-BF, 6 qt showed just short of 1/2 way way on hatch marks.

Added .5 qt drove till hot and after 1 hour wait oil shows right at top hole...
If Ford got it right this time.....I call 6.5 quarts to be perfect.......at least for me.
Sponsored