Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So Ford is saying their engineer lied
Nobody claimed he lied, they might’ve just changed their mind and went with a normal 6 quart pan instead later on. I don’t know.. do you’re own research if you’re this worried about it. I’m not, so I don’t care.
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Ford is saying their engineer lied
It's not a lie if it was the truth at the time the statement was made. Plans change. I'm not saying that the pan design changed, but it's certainly a possibility.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not a lie if it was the truth at the time the statement was made. Plans change. I'm not saying that the pan design changed, but it's certainly a possibility.
Thank you.. this is what I meant.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My pan did not change

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well.... since yesterday and 6 pages of posts on this, that's crazy!!!! I have "my" answer....

I changed my oil, and checked the dip stick for PNFT4A-6750-BF that was at the start of this post. Pulled the filter, drained the oil with it on an incline and ramps. After 3 or 4 beers... it was completely drained. Put 6 qts, verified oil pressure and shut it down. Another drink or two n checked the dip stick. It was 1/2 quart low. Added 1/2 quart and that put me at the line with 6 1/5 quarts full.

BTW... my OEM dip stick, per the memo on this post is CORRECT from the factory.

Goodluck on your quest of the oil, the dip stick quandary🤪...... But, I'm out of here... 😎

Last edited:

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well.... since yesterday and 6 pages of posts on this, I have "my" answer....

I changed my oil, and checked the dip stick for PNFT4A-6750-BF that was at the start of this post. Pulled the filter, drained the oil with it on an incline and ramps. After 3 or 4 beers... it was completely drained. Put 6 qts, verified oil pressure and shut it down. Another drink or two n checked the dip stick. It was 1/2 quart low. Added 1/2 quart and that put me at the line with 6 1/5 quarts full.

Goodluck on your quest of the oil, the dip stick quandary🤪...... But, I'm out of here... 😎
Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 1660528888907

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The original dipstick is not wrong. Read the SSM. The part numbers they gave are the same ones that come in the broncos from the factory. FT4Z-6750-B and FT4Z-6750-C are the exact same length, they just twist in a different spot. Those are the sticks that came in 21 and 22 broncos

Amazing that you have been a member of this forum for as long as you have and apparently missed the post about this EXACT issue. The two dipsticks have been pictured on this very forum and show different lengths. Hell for your viewing pleasure I'll paste the link so you can't call me a lair:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...city-maximum-fill-amount-mystery-🕵🏻‍♂️.45886/

I respect that you thought you knew what you were talking about. Ford corrected the issue with the new part but has never gone back and replaced all of these dipsticks. Mine is still the original, so if I have a reason to not have a service done at a dealership there could be a problem. I have already explained why that is. You say that isn't an issue, but with the wrong dipstick in that tube it sure is a problem. I also do not think it should be my cost to replace it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amazing that you have been a member of this forum for as long as you have and apparently missed the post about this EXACT issue. The two dipsticks have been pictured on this very forum and show different lengths. Hell for your viewing pleasure I'll paste the link so you can't call me a lair:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/new-correct-dipstick-heres-part-number-solves-2-7l-7-quarts-engine-oil-capacity-maximum-fill-amount-mystery-🕵🏻‍♂️.45886/

I respect that you thought you knew what you were talking about. Ford corrected the issue with the new part but has never gone back and replaced all of these dipsticks. Mine is still the original, so if I have a reason to not have a service done at a dealership there could be a problem. I have already explained why that is. You say that isn't an issue, but with the wrong dipstick in that tube it sure is a problem. I also do not think it should be my cost to replace it.
WOW lol I don't even know where to start. I'm not sure which is more funny...

The fact that you posted a reply that rude trying to call me out, when you still don't have the correct information.

OR the fact that after all that reading you still can't comprehend the correct information.

Either way, let me help you out...

FT4Z-6750-B and FT4Z-6750-C ARE THE CORRECT DIPSTICKS and the correct length (which is what my comment said) Also, these are the dipsticks that came in the 21/22 broncos, so no dipstick change is required.

MB3Z-6750-B and MB3Z-6750-F are longer and NOT the correct length.. they are for the Bronco Raptor engines.

The Raptor dipsticks were temporarily and accidentally put into the parts catalog as the correct dip sticks (Per the SSM this whole thread is about) However they have since been removed, and replaced with the correct FT4Z-6750-C part number.

The link that you posted is incorrect and outdated information. You're welcome.

Last edited:

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well.... since yesterday and 6 pages of posts on this, that's crazy!!!! I have "my" answer....

Did that dipstick come with your Bronco? I got my '22 Badlands the first week of April and it came with dipstick #FT4E-6750-BF. Seven quarts of oil measures up into the twist on my dipstick while six quarts hits the fill line perfectly. It just blows my mind that Ford can waste their money and send everyone Bronco calendars, hammocks, posters, and playing cards... BUT they can't send everyone with a 2.7 engine the SAME dipstick? Why is it incumbent upon me to go out and buy a new dipstick?

Pit Bear

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is another manual on the Ford website that says it is for vehicles built from 6/20/2022, all capacities are metric so not sure this the Canadian version but in that copy they specify 6 quarts for the 2.7L.
Never heard of a metric quart.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never heard of a metric quart.
That version of the owner's manual calls for 5.7 Liters which is equal to 6.023123 Quarts.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FT4Z-6750-B and FT4Z-6750-C ARE THE CORRECT DIPSTICKS and the correct length (which is what my comment said) Also, these are the dipsticks that came in the 21/22 broncos, so no dipstick change is required.
I know that the 'C' dipstick has replaced 'B', but how does it differ physically?
Sponsored