Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have had a flashcal for a while now. Everything works well. Quick question...I have several recalls and need to bring the bronco in for recall repairs. Should I reset the bronco back to 'stock' before taking it in? Thanks!
You shouldn't have to, but its never a bad idea.
Sponsored

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FYI guys, I am pretty disappointed with the tire size calibration function. I thought I would be able to measure diameter as stated in the O&M manual, insert the value, and get relatively accurate results. I assume there may be some tweaking +/- 1/2”. I put 37’s on, measured 35.5” at 30psi on level ground. At 35.5” my speedo was 5 mph off the gps. To get the calibration to match speedo to gps i am using 32”. Talked with Supercal they told me to return the unit for a refund because I don't need it. I think I am going to spend the money and get the Ford Performance cal tool.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FYI guys, I am pretty disappointed with the tire size calibration function. I thought I would be able to measure diameter as stated in the O&M manual, insert the value, and get relatively accurate results. I assume there may be some tweaking +/- 1/2”. I put 37’s on, measured 35.5” at 30psi on level ground. At 35.5” my speedo was 5 mph off the gps. To get the calibration to match speedo to gps i am using 32”. Talked with Supercal they told me to return the unit for a refund because I don't need it. I think I am going to spend the money and get the Ford Performance cal tool.
The device just uses a simple calculation to correct the revolutions per mile. Can I ask how far your speedo was off before making any adjustments? With the larger tire and no calibration changes was the speedometer off more?

What’s the serial number on the device?

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Should I reset to factory and check the speedo?

The device just uses a simple calculation to correct the revolutions per mile. Can I ask how far your speedo was off before making any adjustments? With the larger tire and no calibration changes was the speedometer off more?

What’s the serial number on the device?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Should I reset to factory and check the speedo?
I'm just curious how far off the speedo was in factory form with factory tires, and how far off with the larger tire and no calibration change. Would help us determine why the calculation in the device is taking the final result so far off.

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So maybe the base factory setting was changed with Forscan by previous owner to 35”? So on the FlashCal 32” = 35” stock setting therefore I need to use 32.5”.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So maybe the base factory setting was changed with Forscan by previous owner to 35”? So on the FlashCal 32” = 35” stock setting therefore I need to use 32.5”.
It is very likely changes had already been made yes. This is a big reason we're working to implement a mobile based device that will use your phones GPS signal to automatically populate tire size, takes the guess work out. We have this available for Jeep now, working to implement it into other platforms.

Lokee5150

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is very likely changes had already been made yes. This is a big reason we're working to implement a mobile based device that will use your phones GPS signal to automatically populate tire size, takes the guess work out. We have this available for Jeep now, working to implement it into other platforms.
Hate to necro a thread, but I'm having similar issues with mine. Tires are 33" (put badlands non-sas take offs on my big bend), 32.25 mounted, and I'm having to set it to 31.75 or lower to get close (still about 1mph off in either direction, give or take). Everything else seems to be working great though.
Sponsored