Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4dr, 2021 Wildtrak, 2021 Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco left today for FABTECH for them to complete their R&D and to get the 1st production set of their 2.5" Body Dirt Logic Adjustable resi shocks, 3-4" Coilovers and Upper Control arms.

As soon as I am able to share some content with you, I will update this post or create a new one. I am beyond excited to work with Fabtech again. We have been going over what to expect from this kit for about 6 weeks now and its going to be truly incredible and make my Bronco builds do what I expect from them!

Stay tune y'all...this is gonna be fun!
Ford Bronco NEW SUSPENSION KIT Coming...Fabtech - 2.5" Coilovers / Resi Shocks 1629751423265
Sponsored

R_R8T3D

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor, Shelby GT350R, Audi RS6, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great! We definately need more choices. Cause the only thing I see right now to allow me to go 37s is from 4WP. I'm not knocking thier stuff but it seems a bit much for them not being know as a lift company just a parts warehouse.

OP
OP
Doetsch Off-Road

Doetsch Off-Road

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and off we go!

Ford Bronco NEW SUSPENSION KIT Coming...Fabtech - 2.5" Coilovers / Resi Shocks 1629919076990

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great! We definately need more choices. Cause the only thing I see right now to allow me to go 37s is from 4WP. I'm not knocking thier stuff but it seems a bit much for them not being know as a lift company just a parts warehouse.

Fun Haver is coming soon.
I'd go king or fox over fabtech ALL DAY LONG, but that's like my opinion, man.
The make shocks, but that's not their forte'

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doetsch Off-Road

Doetsch Off-Road

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fun Haver is coming soon.
I'd go king or fox over fabtech ALL DAY LONG, but that's like my opinion, man.
The make shocks, but that's not their forte'
King is 13mos if you order today.
Fox is doing a re-do of their setup after Funhavers Rubicon experience.

I have some past experience with Fabtech and Dirtlogic and have faith in them on this project. of course Ill review once complete.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
King is 13mos if you order today.
Fox is doing a re-do of their setup after Funhavers Rubicon experience.

I have some past experience with Fabtech and Dirtlogic and have faith in them on this project. of course Ill review once complete.

king-13 month wait with no established shaft travel or total travel numbers.

Fox gets about 11'' with an upper arm.

I'm not saying FabTech is a bad or inferior product at all..... But Accutune and 100 other shocks shops wont have shims and parts on shelf like they do for the big boys. Something for others to consider.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'm not saying FabTech is a bad or inferior product at all..... But Accutune and 100 other shocks shops wont have shims and parts on shelf like they do for the big boys. Something for others to consider.
I'm already torn about any of these options because of the loss of hydraulic bumpstops integrated in ESCV.

I really have a hard time losing bumps that ramp 500%, and replacing them with coilovers that run 1250 each when 4 ESCV shocks are 1300 total, and will be stocked at most for dealers nationwide. The economics and convenience are appealing. Is 1'' of travel worth dropping cheap ass ESCV? We have seen how swiss army the bilsteins really are on all terrains and speeds.

I really want to see slow motion of stock vs any aftermarket system, over high and low speed bumps.

Of course if you want to clear 37+ something is necessary.

Thoughts on loss of bumps?

I HEARD a rumor Bilstein has an aftermarket bronco setup.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doetsch Off-Road

Doetsch Off-Road

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm already torn about any of these options because of the loss of hydraulic bumpstops integrated in ESCV.

I really have a hard time losing bumps that ramp 500%, and replacing them with coilovers that run 1250 each when 4 ESCV shocks are 1300 total, and will be stocked at most for dealers nationwide. The economics and convenience are appealing. Is 1'' of travel worth dropping cheap ass ESCV? We have seen how swiss army the bilsteins really are on all terrains and speeds.

I really want to see slow motion of stock vs any aftermarket system, over high and low speed bumps.

Bilsteins setup is incredible. I had the opportunity to see it in action, and after they make a few tweaks you will see it available right at or after the SEMA Show.

Im in the same boat as you with thoughts on the bumps...but so are these guys setting these new coilovers up. Upon completion of my kit, we will actually be testing it against a stocker and will look at the worries you have and see how they compare.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bilsteins setup is incredible. I had the opportunity to see it in action, and after they make a few tweaks you will see it available right at or after the SEMA Show.

Im in the same boat as you with thoughts on the bumps...but so are these guys setting these new coilovers up. Upon completion of my kit, we will actually be testing it against a stocker and will look at the worries you have and see how they compare.
I appreciate your willingness to have an open ear and consider my thoughts/ others views.

Can you spill anything on the Bilstein setup?

I TRULY hope the FabTech Kit is killer, and would love to have more viable upper end options in market.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

King coilover specs are published. It would be nice to know how this compares to sasquatch to understand the wheel travel and bump stops.
Ford Bronco NEW SUSPENSION KIT Coming...Fabtech - 2.5" Coilovers / Resi Shocks 1629923933850

Badlands 33" wheel travel is 9.45" front and 10.28" rear. I wonder if FOX is comparing the front or rear?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
King coilover specs are published. It would be nice to know how this compares to sasquatch to understand the wheel travel and bump stops.
Ford Bronco NEW SUSPENSION KIT Coming...Fabtech - 2.5" Coilovers / Resi Shocks 1629923933850

Badlands 33" wheel travel is 9.45" front and 10.28" rear. I wonder if FOX is comparing the front or rear?
Loren said Fox is about 11'' front and rear in direct reply to me on Instagram.

UGHH Now we need stock shaft travel specs.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Loren said Fox is about 11'' front and rear in direct reply to me on Instagram.

UGHH Now we need stock shaft travel specs.
I sent an email to Spencer King, the Bilstein Bronco Engineer.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wheel travel and shock travel are completely different measurements. 6" of shock travel does not equal 6" of wheel travel. 12" of wheel travel does not equal 12" of shock travel.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be great. Also Maxlider is teasing a sasquatch lift, but to early to tell how they are doing a 4 in lift on a sasquatch
Sponsored