Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking to replace my SAS tires and take advantage of Black Friday sales. What did you buy and why?

Searched and read the threads, seen the pics, I see the models people are installing but I don't see the reasoning.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just picked up a custom set of Diamond Back Auburn Deluxe that are beauties, they even have recreation piecrust shoulder to complete that ultra-narrow late 40's early 50's look!

Size: 670r15
Wall: Gave her the full 3"!!!

Black Friday sales FTMFW!

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Purchased a set of Kenda Klever AT2's (285/70/17) to replace the pedestrian, weak-ass looking tires that are coming with my Big Bend. I chose those after seeing a couple others on here with them as they look aggressive but also are affordable. Reviews for the KK AT2's seem very positive. I also liked the BFG KO2's but did not want to spend $240+ on a tire.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Purchased a set of Kenda Klever AT2's (285/70/17) to replace the pedestrian, weak-ass looking tires that are coming with my Big Bend. I chose those after seeing a couple others on here with them as they look aggressive but also are affordable. Reviews for the KK AT2's seem very positive. I also liked the BFG KO2's but did not want to spend $240+ on a tire.
What's your take on these tires as a daily driver? Also, how loud are they?

Sponsored
OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, that's 2 for the Mickey's. A leading choice for sure!

Tires brands must vary by geo, haven't heard of Kendra and there aren't any local dealers. Watched the video and read the info, look like a decent option.

@Rick Astley, I can't pull off that look! Add some bead locks, ready to go!!
Ford Bronco New Tires - What did you buy and why? 1637801631967

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I debated for a while. Honestly, I’m not hating the Grabbers on my BD. I probably should get the most out of them…but I got a good deal on sas Bilstein take-offs and I want to keep running the steelies. Not a fan of wide tires - I was also debating the Kenda Klever. But, couldn’t get down with the sidewall.

Narrowed it down to KO2 at 34x10.5 (E) or Toyo AT3 at 35x11.5 (.

The KO2 in that size is $$$. So is the AT3, but not as bad and I had 15% off a set due to a warranty issue with a set on the Transit.

So, AT3 it is…but backordered 60 days. I read and watched so many reviews…but, ultimately I think the tire will perform well and fill the well nicely at the same time provide a nice stance.

Edit: AT3 are C. Long week slinging turkeys at the shop.

Last edited:

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought BFG KO2’s. Had them on two previous cars and love them

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What's your take on these tires as a daily driver? Also, how loud are they?
I’m sorry, I should’ve clarified but I haven’t got my bronco yet…I’ve only ordered the tires to have them ready to swap out the day that the bronco arrives. From the reviews of the few on here that have them on their bronco it sounds like they are quiet and not aggressive enough to become distracting for daily driving.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t bought anything for my Badlands yet, but there are some criteria I‘ll look for when I do.

C load range - many here are going with D or E rated tires, the Bronco isn’t heavy enouh to make those tires flex properly to give proper grip offroad. E rated tires are usually heavier than C. Someone will surely chime in telling me that E rated tires ride great on their Bronco. That’s great if you’re happy with them but the last time I put E rated tires on anything lighter than a 3/4 ton truck they spoiled the ride and handling of the truck.

Tire weight - lighter is better to reduce rotating mass. Heavier tires take more power to get going and more brake to stop. Lighter wheels are also a good idea. I haven’t driven a Bronco yet, but I would think my small displacement 4 cylinder won’t respond well to a really heavy tire.

Tread pattern - I want something aggressive looking but with decent road manners. The BFG AT or Falken Wildpeak AT3W do a good job in the looks vs road manners department. I would love to run a Goodyear MT/R (available in 35x12.5R17 in C load) for looks, but I couldn’t live with them daily.

Considering these criteria, the only real choice for me in 315/70R17 (other than the stock Goodyear rock thrower superleggera at 52 pounds) is the BFG AT that they use on the Raptor. Unfortunately they are 62 pounds, so heavier than the Goodyear rock throwers. If you want to go up to a 37” the BFG’s off the new Raptor are C load and relatively light at 65#.

Here is everything I can find in a ~35” and C load rated.

BFG KO2 315/70R17, 62#
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=17TR7KO2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Toyo R/T 315/70R17, 66#
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Toyo&tireModel=Open+Country+R/T&partnum=17SR7OCRT&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Toyo Open Country MT 315/70R17, 77#
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/toyo-tire-open-country-m-t/p/39609

General Grabber X3 35x12.5R17 , 65#
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...GRX3RLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Goodyear MT/R 35x12.5R17, 64#
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+MT/R+with+Kevlar&partnum=525QR7WMTRK&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Nitto Trail Grappler MT 35x11.5R17, 73#
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/nitto-trail-grappler-m-t/p/36633

Kenda Klever R/t 35x10.5R17, 66.62# (confirmed by manufacturer)
https://www.customwheeloffset.com/buy-wheel-offset2/KEN601015/kenda-klever-r-t-35x1050r17-tires

BFG KO2 37x12.5R17, 65#
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2/p/104136

Last edited:

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I immediately replaced my SAS tires with 35/12.50/17 Baja Boss tires and love them so far. I was not a fan of the look of the standard tire and saw a few pictures of the tires on high mileage test mule Broncos and I was not a fan of they way there were wearing. The Baja boss I believe has a 50k tread life warranty if I remember correctly.
Ford Bronco New Tires - What did you buy and why? FD9B68C2-21C8-4F16-8156-841D25CC87B9

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I immediately replaced my SAS tires with 35/12.50/17 Baja Boss tires and love them so far. I was not a fan of the look of the standard tire and saw a few pictures of the tires on high mileage test mule Broncos and I was not a fan of they way there were wearing. The Baja boss I believe has a 50k tread life warranty if I remember correctly.
The Baja 35's are an identical size to the 315's but load range D, that's a great option.

Are the Bajas more forgiving with the gravel than the Territory tires?

Update. I went with the Mickey ATs! They have the best reviews, great design, good in all conditions and hopefully grab less gravel.

Last edited:

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I noticed the weight difference in the Mickey T Baja Boss AT, D rated vs E rated is one pound.
Any of you actually look at these together to know where the difference is.
1 pound could make a difference....but it would be small.
Sponsored

Last edited: