Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, as far as the lights that you can attach to the hood next to the mirrors, which of them would be street legal? I can't find any documents listing what is street legal and what is not.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, as far as the lights that you can attach to the hood next to the mirrors, which of them would be street legal? I can't find any documents listing what is street legal and what is not.
None are...they are offroad only, like lightbars

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've found a lot of people flashing me when I use my SAE Squadron Baja Designs Fogs in the bumper...they're pointed below the headlights like they're supposed to be...other people have way more obnoxious lights.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

None of them. Pillar lights are too high up and the DOT/SAE have requirements about the maximum height on forward facing lights. You ever wonder why semi trucks have their lights installed low? That's why. So pillar lights are illegal.

Even if you went with SAE rated lights, that's for FOG use or DRIVING use down low. Up high you are throwing light at too high of an angle.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've found a lot of people flashing me when I use my SAE Squadron Baja Designs Fogs in the bumper...they're pointed below the headlights like they're supposed to be...other people have way more obnoxious lights.
Your angle isn't correct then. I run Squadron Pros in WC on my Raptor. I've never had anybody flash me and those have a wider spread and higher up/down spread as well.

You need to adjust your fogs so they are not only below your low beams, but aimed at the ground, where fogs need to go.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your angle isn't correct then. I run Squadron Pros in WC on my Raptor. I've never had anybody flash me and those have a wider spread and higher up/down spread as well.

You need to adjust your fogs so they are not only below your low beams, but aimed at the ground, where fogs need to go.
I mean, itā€™s not constantly getting that reaction. We also live in a hilly area. But, Iā€™ll take a closer look. Iā€™ve gotta pull that faulty S2 to send to you anyhow. I think I saw one day thatā€™s above 30 this week šŸ˜†

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on the sate you live in.
I've seen anything above the headlight centerline is illegal, unless they are covered.
Sponsored