First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the community builds and more enthusiasts roll in, I’m hoping the experienced folks could start some sort of Bronco trail wiki... really just want to have the community help us new folks “forge a new trail”. I know there are plenty of Jeep forums that are full of that sort of information, but we are B6G and this is our home. Let’s start making it our go to source for trail info for all types of trails and experience levels.

For example, if we were to break it down to off road interests, we could narrow the threads to those interested and keep the tips focused to specifics.

Personally I’m not sure I’m ever going to rock climb. I am interested in seeing much of the county-side that I have never seen. Not knowing enough about trails, key notes on what to expect and skill level to better plan a trip and some how to’s/overlooked considerations would go a long way towards building our abilities, community, and enthusiasm for our soon to be Bronco adventures.

Anyone have any thoughts or similar considerations to add?
Sponsored

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am on board with this! I know the bronco will have the capability to share trails on the infotainment screens. It would be nice to have something on Bronco Nation or here as well.

I know that Jeep clubs are always an option, but not sure how open they are to Broncos lol.

I also know AllTrails and TrailsOffRoad are great resources.

OP
OP
BigLig

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it help to develop if we have a “Purpose” questionnaire? Something that would then lead you to links to posts or something?

Example:
What type of terrain do you plan to explore?
Mountains
-Snow
-Dirt
-Rock

Sand
-Hard
-Soft
-Mix

Country
-Flat
-Hills
-Mud

Where?
-Desert Southwest
-Great Plains
-Ozarks

Etc. given that I’m new to it all, I really don’t know where to start, or how. But the idea is to help drill down to where those answers already exist. But trying to reinvent the wheel, just pave the road to it lol

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be happy to help if and when I can. (Rockcrawler)
I'd start by saying stay within your capabilities. Your fun will match your capabilities. All that matters is that you enjoy what you're doing and you stay safe. In the beginning, when you get outside of your capabilities, your fun decreases exponentially (as does your safety).
As a beginner, you'll have as much fun, fear, thrill trying to figure out a 2 foot ledge as the experienced guy in a comp buggy on a 14 foot ledge.
Always have a spotter. This will save your vehicle repairs, make it safer and lessen your frustrations.
That said, once you get comfortable, you're going to want to step it up. If possible, find a group with the same level of vehicle, and same outlook. Force yourselves out of your comfort zone but stay reasonable.
Either all that or dive head first and buy a built rig and see if you can tag along with some folks much more experienced than you.
Either way. Safe and Fun is all that matters.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I researched trails in Colorado and Utah I used traildamge.com and bushducks. It usually was pretty accurate and showed pictures of the obstacles.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I researched trails in Colorado and Utah I used traildamge.com and bushducks. It usually was pretty accurate and showed pictures of the obstacles.
Traildamage.com went private locking down their awesome sources. However https://archive.org/web/ has an old copy of data that can be useful.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These areas are my goals, plus AZ, WY and MT. I'm a beginner off-roader so that's what I'll stick with. I just want to enjoy what God has given us, camping, exploring, etc.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great idea!! I'm also new to the idea of an off road vehicle, most of my cars have been sporty go-fast types of cars.. so I'm excited to venture into something different and open up possibilities of new road trips in the Bronco. I'm in Northern CA, and would love to get some good resources for trails and such - I'm also not into the idea of rock crawling my new $45k vehicle LOL

Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guide to Colorado backroads and 4wd trails by Charles A. Wells.
He has a few different editions as well as on for Moab. I own 3 and they have been very helpful when we first started. I actually did a trail ride with him and he was pretty cool.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AND PICK UP YOUR TRASH, BROKEN PLASTIC PARTS AND RESPECT THE LAND. There is always a group trying to find a reason to shut it down. Do not give them a reason!

BeerRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Start googling to see if there are 4x4 clubs, not just jeep clubs in your area.

Go to GAIAGPS.com and look at their map system. I use them in my 2019 Ranger (iphone/carplay/Sync3). Learn on your computer and or tablet. It is a good way to learn how to figure out what type of roads are out in the woods and how to make your own routes
For better understanding,
If you are so inclined, order the West Virginia or North Carolina GPS files($8 each) from
Sam Corerro at https://www.transamtrail.com/maps/ These are a mix of forest roads with paved roads used to connect when necessary. Remember Sam is a motorcycle guy so I believe the dragon is part of the NC file.

this type of files are basic navigation, just no turn by turn info. Using the "guide me" option the cursor arrow eats the nav line like Pac-Man. If you make a wrong turn, your cursor arrow follows your vehicle with a tether back to the route.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the idea. If it here on B6G we can ask each other about the trails. I have started to film and record trail outings. I have put three threads in this section so far. I am happy to answer any questions about those trails in the threads. It would be great if we got a bunch of us doing that. Would make a nice interactive resource.
Sponsored