Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking for a little advise if anyone has any they want to give.

I bought my Bronco as a daily driver that can get me through the Vermont winters and allow me to get my feet wet into light off-roading. Pretty much driven manuals since I got my license so I also wanted my Bronco as a manual. For the balance of cost/want/need I got a 4 door Black diamond, nonsas, manual. Practical but useful for my daily life. I am hoping by next summer that I will be able to put a lift and 35's on it once I save up for that expense. Now that I have done some light exploring, went to NH off-rodeo and been starting to ride with/in a poloris rzr I am loving off-roading more than expected.

This morning a group of jeeps, 4-runners, and FJ cruisers (where were any Broncos??) drove by my house leading me to research if there was some event happening near by that might be interesting to check out. I found this https://www.northeastadventurecompany.com/trips-and-adventures/p/592cjlt3v6kmllydzd7sxs31r7gr2k

So my questions are has anyone heard of or done any trips or events with the Northeast adventure company. It looks like they having training events that I would love to check out and then possibly some of full trips next year.

My second questions is how bad an idea would it be to try to learn off-roading with a manual?
Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My buddy Mitch lives up in that area, he did something called "Northeast Adventure Summit", are they related events?

Either way, he had a great time and is trying to get my wife and I to take our Bronco up there to try it out. So, it might be worth a shot.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you have been driving manuals your whole life go for it! off road some prefer it actually. Just like on road try not to slip the clutch excessively. Guys we have trail riding with have done well any hills and stuff they just throw it in crawl gear and said they don’t need to touch the clutch. It has the torque in crawl and 4lo to do anything.

OP
OP
Kimberley

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My buddy Mitch lives up in that area, he did something called "Northeast Adventure Summit", are they related events?

Either way, he had a great time and is trying to get my wife and I to take our Bronco up there to try it out. So, it might be worth a shot.
That looks like the same company so i think they are. Thanks for the info!

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New to off-roading myself, but learning along the way. These two have been my go-to for the most part.

-> 4-Lo / Crawler to slowly get a steep with *with* traction (rock / roots)
-> 4-Lo / 2 or 3 to power up something that doesn’t have traction (sand /loose dirt)

Sponsored

lorenphotos

Wildtrak
First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrack Sasquach Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's a Facebook group of VT offroaders - 802 Off Road - that do group rides of different levels. I've been out with them once and it was fun and they were nice and welcoming.

OP
OP
Kimberley

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

New to off-roading myself, but learning along the way. These two have been my go-to for the most part.

-> 4-Lo / Crawler to slowly get a steep with *with* traction (rock / roots)
-> 4-Lo / 2 or 3 to power up something that doesn’t have traction (sand /loose dirt)
Good info, been playing with the crawler gear to get a feel for it and it is very intriguing.

OP
OP
Kimberley

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a Facebook group of VT offroaders - 802 Off Road - that do group rides of different levels. I've been out with them once and it was fun and they were nice and welcoming.
I'll look into them! Most of the trails I thought were near me have not been used by larger vehicles in so long they will not take the bronco.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I definitely recommend finding a group/club. The Michigan bronco club here has been very inviting and welcoming to us as new off roaders. Even when things have went wrong they have been great at building confidence and friendly input on how to accomplish an obstacle.

lorenphotos

Wildtrak
First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrack Sasquach Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll look into them! Most of the trails I thought were near me have not been used by larger vehicles in so long they will not take the bronco.
Check out Class 4 roads, they may look like they are not open but many are and they're public roads.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking for a little advise if anyone has any they want to give.

I bought my Bronco as a daily driver that can get me through the Vermont winters and allow me to get my feet wet into light off-roading. Pretty much driven manuals since I got my license so I also wanted my Bronco as a manual. For the balance of cost/want/need I got a 4 door Black diamond, nonsas, manual. Practical but useful for my daily life. I am hoping by next summer that I will be able to put a lift and 35's on it once I save up for that expense. Now that I have done some light exploring, went to NH off-rodeo and been starting to ride with/in a poloris rzr I am loving off-roading more than expected.

This morning a group of jeeps, 4-runners, and FJ cruisers (where were any Broncos??) drove by my house leading me to research if there was some event happening near by that might be interesting to check out. I found this https://www.northeastadventurecompany.com/trips-and-adventures/p/592cjlt3v6kmllydzd7sxs31r7gr2k

So my questions are has anyone heard of or done any trips or events with the Northeast adventure company. It looks like they having training events that I would love to check out and then possibly some of full trips next year.

My second questions is how bad an idea would it be to try to learn off-roading with a manual?

NAC has a youtube channel and while I do not personally know them nor have I done any of their events, I would bet they would be helpful in answering questions pertaining to what might be best suited to your current ability level. As others have suggested, there are likely four wheeling groups in your area that would probably also answer questions and help you out.

I learned to off road with a manual. The hard part is learning when and how much clutch so you don't stall and you don't destroy the clutch...but it is doable.
Sponsored