First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New to the forum. New to SUV/Trucks/Broncos. Wanted to share my experience with finding a 2021 randomly and have some general questions for the experts.

My previous car, 2014 Chevy Volt, completely broke down on the side of the road for the 3x in 3 months. I opened up the Cars app while waiting for a tow and literally clicked on every Ford dealer that had a Bronco posted. Was immediately inundated by dealers trying to get me to try their demo model. Some of which were “taking bids” and selecting the highest bidder at the end of the day. Some said I could buy but couldn’t take possession for 4 months for 1500 miles (or something like that). One dealer called and said he had two… which I thought was a joke. It was 1hr away from me so took a chance.

Amazingly they had two Outer Banks. One low end Area 51, one high end black. I test drove the Area 51, was sold immediately but I didn’t tell the sales guy that. Came back and I said I wanted the black one, write up your best offer. He looked at me like I was crazy. Didn’t need to write it up he just said the price is MSRP + 10k. I told him no way. Walked out… saw it outside and walked back in and said wrap it up. I got completely hosed on the deal but after talking with my buddy who ordered a Mach 1, to be delivered in September, he paid 10k over MSRP too. The whole thing seems sketchy.

Any ways, since I’m so new to Bronco had a few questions

1. Any one else getting scratch marks on the back bar? No joke, took down the top one time and looked the next day and it had scratches on the bar.
  2. Not sure if this is ok but its been 90+ degrees in Chicago. I ran the AC with the top down just to survive. After shutting the car off there was a ton of condensation in the garage (which is to be expected) but there was a dripping sound that then fizzled like it hit a hot surface. Almost like a burger dripping grease on a grill
  3. I have the upgrade radio, which kicks, but both Android audio and Sirius start skipping randomly. I’ve read on the forums that sometimes if you turn off wifi it helps with android audio but the Sirius skipping seems super weird. Anyone else experience this?
  4. Totally newb but my Bronco has normal mats/carpet liner. I thought they were all rubber floor mats because people talk about washing out their Bronco. Do people pull the carpet?
  5. How do I order a hard top? I saw all the posts about issues but is there a place to go pre-order them?
Overall, I’m trying to find places to go because I love driving this car so much. Look forward to participating in the community!

Ford Bronco New to SUVs, picked up a Outer Banks yesterday - Newbie needs some help 20210824_142956

Ford Bronco New to SUVs, picked up a Outer Banks yesterday - Newbie needs some help 20210824_095734

Ford Bronco New to SUVs, picked up a Outer Banks yesterday - Newbie needs some help 20210827_100624
Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some of these questions you should have asked the dealer and some are just salt on wound for those of us special ordered over a year ago. You are not likely getting a hard top until late 22 or 23 unless aftermarket comes to rescue. The floor mats to wash out were only with a marine grade vinyl interior. The radio most are changing speakers, but had not heard of skipping?? Overall happy you got one and good to know if I don't want mine I can make $10k+ profit. Welcome