Sponsored

New to the community looking for tips on where to start.

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys and gals, I'm late to the game so it seems and I have only just got the wife on board that we should get a bronco. I'm familiar with some of the problems that presents as I am not an early reserver and ford's delays have been extensively documented. I'm hoping to get some insight on where I should start the ordering process and what kind of delay should I reasonably expect. Been to a couple dealers already and have received completely inaccurate information, ie I need to leave a larger deposit $500-1,000 range, or expect to wait 2+ years for a bronco order to be fulfilled. Any help would be great. Also I am the Redding California area if anyone has some recommendations for dealers outside of the bay area or Sacramento.

#firstpost #newbie #broncoquestions
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys and gals, I'm late to the game so it seems and I have only just got the wife on board that we should get a bronco. I'm familiar with some of the problems that presents as I am not an early reserver and ford's delays have been extensively documented. I'm hoping to get some insight on where I should start the ordering process and what kind of delay should I reasonably expect. Been to a couple dealers already and have received completely inaccurate information, ie I need to leave a larger deposit $500-1,000 range, or expect to wait 2+ years for a bronco order to be fulfilled. Any help would be great. Also I am the Redding California area if anyone has some recommendations for dealers outside of the bay area or Sacramento.

#firstpost #newbie #broncoquestions
Deposit is based on the dealership. If you reserve now it will probably be late 2022 at the soonest unless you stay away from the "deadly sins" then you could get it sooner.

OP
OP
Dezertrider20158

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Deposit is based on the dealership. If you reserve now it will probably be late 2022 at the soonest unless you stay away from the "deadly sins" then you could get it sooner.
Yeah seems like I'm tilting towards the deadly sins. Wife and I want to go badlands, sasquatch, hi package, tow, hard top although I'm not a mic fan.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah seems like I'm tilting towards the deadly sins. Wife and I want to go badlands, sasquatch, hi package, tow, hard top although I'm not a mic fan.
Search for Granger or Stephens on here. Pretty sure they were offering discounts.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$100 to reserve thru Ford on-line. Best to have your dealer chosen at that point. Not even certain if you can change any more.

When you decide on a dealer, you negotiate with that dealer to set the terms of the sale when you finally officially order your Bronco.

My dealer asked for an additional $400 to make a $500 total down payment.

I'd not quibble over that amount, personally. Others insist that it should be ZERO, to each his own.

There are a few dealers online making great deals, sub-invoice prices. The common goal is to get invoice pricing, some can, some cannot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dezertrider20158

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$100 to reserve thru Ford on-line. Best to have your dealer chosen at that point. Not even certain if you can change any more.

When you decide on a dealer, you negotiate with that dealer to set the terms of the sale when you finally officially order your Bronco.

My dealer asked for an additional $400 to make a $500 total down payment.

I'd not quibble over that amount, personally. Others insist that it should be ZERO, to each his own.

There are a few dealers online making great deals, sub-invoice prices. The common goal is to get invoice pricing, some can, some cannot.
Yeah the two dealers I spoke with in norcal stated they were atleast msrp and no way to go below. I'm okay with am additional deposit since it should go towards the cost of the vehicle but still it was weird to hear so much different info. Seems like most the members here are more informed than the salesmen.

OP
OP
Dezertrider20158

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Search for Granger or Stephens on here. Pretty sure they were offering discounts.
Yeah I noticed the granger and other dealers outside of California selling below invoice but unfortunately for me California has a use tax and I don't think there is an easy way to get around that. Additionally I work for the state and could loose my job for lying to the dmv...

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah I noticed the granger and other dealers outside of California selling below invoice but unfortunately for me California has a use tax and I don't think there is an easy way to get around that. Additionally I work for the state and could loose my job for lying to the dmv...
Ford Bronco New to the community looking for tips on where to start. download (1)

OP
OP
Dezertrider20158

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for everyone's input yesterday. I made some more phone calls and read some more threads and think I have a pretty good idea of where to start. I actually had a good conversation with a bronco sales manager at a dealership nearby. I also spoke with a buddy who worked as a service advisor and mechanic for years about the customer/dealer relationship after the sale when you aren't necessarily trying to save every dollar on the purchase of the vehicle. Im not willing to pay ADM but hopefully I can get something under msrp from a local dealer. We'll see soon enough.
Sponsored