Sponsored

New to trucks - Love Bronco, Questions for those more familiar.

BroncoFL33

Base
First Name
Slams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello Bronco community.

I have closely been following the Bronco re-launch for some time. I’ve reserved a base Bronco, though I know it isn’t final.

Over the last few weeks I have tried to get a better understanding if the vehicle is practical. A couple of notes to take into consideration:

I currently drive an Alfa Romeo Giulia - it’s a lease to be gone in 1-2 years. Next vehicle will be purchased and run into the ground.
I have always been a fan of the boxy look, love the Mercedes G Wagons, but that is out of the question in terms of price.
I don’t do any off-roading today. I do think I would do some very minimal off roading if I were to get either the Bronco or Bronco Sport.
I don’t have any kids, though most likely some on the way in the next 2-5 years.

I’ve been drawn towards the Bronco mostly due to the nostalgia factor and retro design, which I love. I also like the idea of going roofless and door-less. The reality though is that most of my use will be going to work and back. We are talking about a 1 hour commute with traffic to and from work. So, fun and/or comfort is key to an extent. I do understand the whole comfortable in the uncomfortable mentality.

Having spent some timing thinking of specs on the Bronco - the Sport has somehow caused me to 2nd guess my pre-order. I’m able to get a Badlands Sport with all the creature comforts and tech for less than My Bronco spec would probably cost me. I’m perfectly fine without having the creature comforts, but... they are not bad to have either.

I also live in South Florida, which means there probably is some crime. I spent some time reading about all the issues of wrangler owners and theft of roofs, doors, etc. I’m guessing you are going to have similar problems with the Bronco, especially given how easy it is to take parts off, etc. All you need is the wrench? Where would I actually take the vehicle top and door less? Yes, to work.. unless it’s too hot. To the beach, but then worries of theft sit in?

Anyways - I have been thinking of this probably too long haha. Is the Bronco the right fit Or will i probably enjoy the Sport more, even if it isn’t the main big boy.

Happy to get some thoughts and input from the community.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello Bronco community.

I have closely been following the Bronco re-launch for some time. I’ve reserved a base Bronco, though I know it isn’t final.

Over the last few weeks I have tried to get a better understanding if the vehicle is practical. A couple of notes to take into consideration:

I currently drive an Alfa Romeo Giulia - it’s a lease to be gone in 1-2 years. Next vehicle will be purchased and run into the ground.
I have always been a fan of the boxy look, love the Mercedes G Wagons, but that is out of the question in terms of price.
I don’t do any off-roading today. I do think I would do some very minimal off roading if I were to get either the Bronco or Bronco Sport.
I don’t have any kids, though most likely some on the way in the next 2-5 years.

I’ve been drawn towards the Bronco mostly due to the nostalgia factor and retro design, which I love. I also like the idea of going roofless and door-less. The reality though is that most of my use will be going to work and back. We are talking about a 1 hour commute with traffic to and from work. So, fun and/or comfort is key to an extent. I do understand the whole comfortable in the uncomfortable mentality.

Having spent some timing thinking of specs on the Bronco - the Sport has somehow caused me to 2nd guess my pre-order. I’m able to get a Badlands Sport with all the creature comforts and tech for less than My Bronco spec would probably cost me. I’m perfectly fine without having the creature comforts, but... they are not bad to have either.

I also live in South Florida, which means there probably is some crime. I spent some time reading about all the issues of wrangler owners and theft of roofs, doors, etc. I’m guessing you are going to have similar problems with the Bronco, especially given how easy it is to take parts off, etc. All you need is the wrench? Where would I actually take the vehicle top and door less? Yes, to work.. unless it’s too hot. To the beach, but then worries of theft sit in?

Anyways - I have been thinking of this probably too long haha. Is the Bronco the right fit Or will i probably enjoy the Sport more, even if it isn’t the main big boy.

First, hello to another South Florida member! I know all about that 1 hour commute every day from FTL to Miami.

I'd like to ask more specifically - what is it about the Sport that you like that has you considering it over the Bronco itself? Sounds like price and features - are the specific items/features you're looking for on either? Just trying to get a better feel of what's important to you to.

Sounded like you said Badlands Sport vs. Base Bronco? Which sounds like it'll be features vs. not many features but ability to take off the roof and doors.

As for theft, I can't really comment as I don't have a Wrangler. But I don't think the parts will be THAT easy to take off aside from perhaps the fender flares. The door hinges are inside the door frame, and I think the bolts that require those wrenches are only accessible once the top is off and stuff (at least that's how it looks in pictures).

Regarding taking the doors/windows off, yeah, beach runs could be cool - and especially in our "winter" when it's really nice out. That's when I plan on taking them off, anyway.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello Bronco community.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this almost reads like you're trying to pick between the practical (almost sensible?) option and the fun option. Not that it's completely that black and white (both of them are fun and sensible, but each one is more so than the other). Neither is right, and neither is wrong, but only you can decide which better fits you.

You said you're driving your next vehicle into the ground. So a year from now, 5 years from now, 10 years from now, which one will you regret getting/not getting?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello Bronco community.

Speaking as someone who very much buys things for utility, I think you'd be better served with the Bronco Sport or more of a road car. Buy because you will actually use the particular functionality of the thing you are buying.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

South Florida, so no crawling per se since it's flat. Don't know man, but since the question was asked, I'll offer my opinion.

Based on what you've presented, Honestly think Bronco Sport should handle your needs much better than the Base Bronco. If you get the Badlands trim, you'll have a very capable SUV for light off road duty, which should be fine since you'd have to drive at least up to Tenn or NC for some real wheeling. The 4x4 of the Sport can get through the sand and dirt or mud trails should you seek some adventure.

What you'd miss out on is the bling and knowing South Florida like I do, the flash or cool looks hold a ton of value down there, so Bronco topless and doorless is attractive I'm sure, but there isn't likely a lot of shine for the lower trims, which is a shame.

Crime is everywhere. So any popular vehicle can get hit. Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys are the most stolen cars by the way. Think if you get an alarm and maybe a 2 way dash cam that can push alerts to you, should make you feel a little better.

I wouldn't let the "what ifs" game discourage me from getting what I want within reason.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you are on your final days would you say “Thank God I got the Bronco Sport, it was a very practical and comfortable vehicle?”

Or do you say “ I remember those days with the family and the kids were young driving the Bronco down to the Keys with the top off and riding on the sandy beach”

Your call.
Sponsored