Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can I ask - why aren't LED lights standard on all vehicles? The kid next door bought some low cost LED headlights off ebay for his Mustang. I've got LED on my TJ. LED lights have come far down in cost and for a lot of uses are the standard. Or are vehicle makers still holding them back mainly for use in up-charging to higher end trims?
It'd certainly be nice, and I'm sure we'll eventually get there, but there still is a price difference apparently enough to make them optional on most models.

Legit LED lights (non-chinese) are still more expensive than halogen lights. The cheap LED brands do a good job but they dont perform as well. Currently have 3 sets of LED cube lights and the expensive Rigid brand lights outperform all the Chinese knockoffs. Take your TJ 7ā€ LED headlights. Iā€™m sure those were $200+ at least... some are over $500. While a 7ā€ sealed halogen is $20 maybe.

also, by LED lights, I think he was referring more to the LED halos and accents which the silver/white 4door had but the black4door did not.
Well, the accents and the lights themselves.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I rented a new JLU Sport for a trip to the Grand Canyon several months ago...

Imagine my shock when I'm driving the first day...I hit a small bump (bridge seam) and the death wobble ensues. I had to pull over and slow down to about 35 before it went away. This happened about 15 more times during the week I had it...it was new with no mods. Absolutely insane.

I enjoyed everything else about it, but that DW was enough for me to stay away from purchasing a new one until the issue is resolved.

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Death wobble has nothing to do with steering stabilizers. Track bars, drag links, wheel bearings, control arm links, etc... all can cause and contribute to DW but the damper never causes nor fixes DW.
I would disagree with you on the stabilizer, it's there for a reason and if it is worn out or not large enough it can cause death wobble. The root cause might be some other reason but the stabilizer prevents a small shimmy from turning into full fledged death wobble.

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Death wobble has nothing to do with steering stabilizers. Track bars, drag links, wheel bearings, control arm links, etc... all can cause and contribute to DW but the damper never causes nor fixes DW.
It does help with minor wandering, but youā€™re right. Wonā€™t solve the problem due to other issue. Jeep is trying it anyways to help with overall steering problems.
But it definitely solved the problem on my F250 that had a worn stab.

Sponsored

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Beat me to it

With IFS, it won't have that, so there won't be death wobble

Only problem with the Bronco is it kept me from getting a Jeep, though is that really a problem with the ECU issue effecting the manuals?
I am much more confident in Ford electronics than Jeepā€™s. Hopefully FCA figures it out.

KimDracula

Base
First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I rented a new JLU Sport for a trip to the Grand Canyon several months ago...

Imagine my shock when I'm driving the first day...I hit a small bump (bridge seam) and the death wobble ensues. I had to pull over and slow down to about 35 before it went away. This happened about 15 more times during the week I had it...it was new with no mods. Absolutely insane.

I enjoyed everything else about it, but that DW was enough for me to stay away from purchasing a new one until the issue is resolved.
I have a 2018 4 door JL and it rides perfect. Never had a problem. Maybe someone dogged that rental out and then returned it back.

Iā€™ve owed about 7 Jeep wranglers in my lifetime, various years, and only one ever had a death wobble. A 98 that I bought used and had a lift and other stuff on it. Usually a death wobble is from someone doing a modification incorrectly.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I donā€™t know why Jeep has so many problems with death wobble. However, Iā€™ve owned several and never had it. Didnā€™t even run a stabilizer on my jku on 35s. Donā€™t have the issue on my 92 explorer either. The dang JL is on the struggle bus with steering issues.

61EE2015-E966-46EC-A465-01A73E8277B9.jpeg

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 61EE2015-E966-46EC-A465-01A73E8277B9

I believe the silver mount in this picture holding the mirror on is directly connected to the inner tube door and pivots when the door is opened. Thereā€™s just not enough room for the door to open otherwise.
It also makes sense why the body dips down there. Not just styling but provides clearance for the mirror to move.
Having worked with a lot of Jeeps and the use of relocation brackets the position of the mirror will allow enough clearance for the doors to open fully. What will be interesting is how Ford solves the passenger side mirror visibility when viewed from the drivers seat. This is honestly the hardest part to overcome. If there were to be some type of movable swing arm design I would believe it to be utilized on that side.
After looking at the images I think Ford solves it by how far they actually place the mirrors outbound. The further out the mirror face is located the easier it is to be viewed.

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Didn't read far enough to see if anyone responded to this yet, but figured I'd give it a shot. I've been out of the "larger tires" game for quite some time, but recently put a new set of 33's on the wife's 2017 JKU. While at OK4wd (I trust those guys), they told me that certain tires with more space between the lugs will make your vehicle wander. Which is what drove me away from the Mickey T's to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. So to reiterate, I'm certainly no expert, but that may be part of your cause.

But by all means, dump your Heeps and come with us to the dark side ? Bronco's 4 Life!
I know I'm late but your information is correct.

Sponsored

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
me too!

My first car (representative photo, not my actual car -- I WISH):
Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 61EE2015-E966-46EC-A465-01A73E8277B9

I would love to get near the color of my first ever car AND the modernized version of the EB.
I owned a first Gen 900 EMS (1979) and the last year 99 EMS (1978). Loved my Saab's.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And the stock price to reflect this. Iā€™ve been buying this stock lately and keep losing.
Sponsored