indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh i am, every day the past 2 weeks and will buy again tomorrow. Dividend is hefty right now, as long as they keep paying.
I've been keeping an eye on the F stock, but nearly every advisory has it as a sell. Doesn't that seem odd if the stock were a good buy at this time?
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been keeping an eye on the F stock, but nearly every advisory has it as a sell. Doesn't that seem odd if the stock were a good buy at this time?
You need to ask yourself - "Do I think that Ford will go completely out of business ? Will they continue producing good innovative cars and trucks ? Will people keep buying Ford ? Will the F-150 suddenly become a unibody that no working person will want ?"

Once you answer those questions you can decide whether you want to buy. The question is how long will it take the stock to recover, and how much time do you have to wait ?

General advice - not really pertaining to F -Risky investments are for the young - if you are near retirement - then consider something with less risk.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Doesn't that seem odd if the stock were a good buy at this time?
Bingo, when the majority of analysts agree, best to follow their lead, which means don't buy at this time. The time to buy, if you choose, is after the market bottoms and we get several days or a weeks of upside and stability, now is not the time to catch a falling knife.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1) You haven't lost anything until you sell it for less than you paid for it.

2) Dividends.
I hear that. In my one account, i bought Ford when it was $15.85.... haha i consider that a loss.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When you don't understand the stock market and investing the brokerage companies are glad to sell you trades and services as they make money no matter what. We are in the middle of a generational storm, the top minds in investing still are not calling that we are at the bottom yet. Some believe we have another 10%-20% to the downside to go.

If you don't understand the stock market and investing, invest your money for the long term in a low cost, well respected, Broad Market, mutual fund or ETF like Vanguard Total Stock Market, ticker VTI (when you do understand the stock market and investing, this is the only one I personally recommend, that is where a large percentage of my investments are.)
https://investor.vanguard.com/etf/profile/VTI

Understanding how to weather the storms in investing, they will come, and when they hit, your dry powder lets you sleep at night and have money to invest in the fire sale once the market turns back around, it always does. But in the meantime, the professionals say, "don't try to catch a falling knife".
VTI is a great choice for buy and hold. A good percentage of my portfolio has this. I also use a small percentage and gamble on individual stocks.

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IMO the TJ is the BOMB !!! I think the TJ tub, Long Arm, stretched is perfect. Around 100 " WB. puts the wheel near the rear bumper for good departure angle. ?
I wanted a TJ (actually LJ) and looked for a while for a nice one. Here the nice ones were going for 25k or more, so at that price I gave up and bought a JL. If I ever find a nice one for under 15k I'll buy it for a dedicated trail rig, but not much hope for that.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You need to ask yourself - "Do I think that Ford will go completely out of business ? Will they continue producing good innovative cars and trucks ? Will people keep buying Ford ? Will the F-150 suddenly become a unibody that no working person will want ?"

Once you answer those questions you can decide whether you want to buy. The question is how long will it take the stock to recover, and how much time do you have to wait ?

General advice - not really pertaining to F -Risky investments are for the young - if you are near retirement - then consider something with less risk.
Ford is one of my gambles per reasons below.

I retire in 30+ years
Stock is at multi- year low
New f-150 for 2021
BRONCO
mach-e
Ford invested 500 million in Rivian
Ford family has a lot of company stock
High dividend

i could lose it all, or double my money. ..AKA gambling.
YMMV

most of my holdings are in popular ETFs and mutual funds.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Coupl'a considerations: (1) the virus-related economic slump, and (2) Ford's position before the slump...which was precarious.

Zero chance the company shutters its doors. But stock value is a different issue. Google "What Happens to the Stock of a Company That Goes Bankrupt?"

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Coupl'a considerations: (1) the virus-related economic slump, and (2) Ford's position before the slump...which was precarious.

Zero chance the company shutters its doors. But stock value is a different issue. Google "What Happens to the Stock of a Company That Goes Bankrupt?"
Exactly. They go through bankruptcy and come out the other side...They've wiped out my stock.

I'm taking a risk on it because they're so cheap.

But I'm not risking much.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted a TJ (actually LJ) and looked for a while for a nice one. Here the nice ones were going for 25k or more, so at that price I gave up and bought a JL. If I ever find a nice one for under 15k I'll buy it for a dedicated trail rig, but not much hope for that.
You should be able to get a TJ for quite a bit less than that. 10k should buy you a nice TJ, especially in your neck of the woods (AZ?) where the frames should be in good shape.

GoTopless

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0L, 2017 Ford Mustang EB, 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
Umm there are plenty of TJ Wranglers on the market with less than 70k miles at or bellow the 15k mark. You may have to drive a ways to get it but I promise it's worth it. 25k+ you would be looking at a low mileage LJ.

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You should be able to get a TJ for quite a bit less than that. 10k should buy you a nice TJ, especially in your neck of the woods (AZ?) where the frames should be in good shape.
I am not looking for a regular TJ, I want a LJ and those are much fewer in numbers. A LJ Rubicon was only built for 2 years, so even smaller numbers. The ones available here are in great shape due to lack of rust, and also drives the number higher. I looked for almost a year, and when they would come up for sale at a good price it would sell same day. I still look every few days, and they are still in the 20k range. For the LJ.