redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wanted a TJ (actually LJ) and looked for a while for a nice one. Here the nice ones were going for 25k or more, so at that price I gave up and bought a JL. If I ever find a nice one for under 15k I'll buy it for a dedicated trail rig, but not much hope for that.

nice ones up here are around 10-15K most are 1000-2500 because the frames are gone !!! Mine included. Looks like now after I replace the frame I might be selling it depending on how well the Bronco works off-road. ?

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hear that. In my one account, i bought Ford when it was $15.85.... haha i consider that a loss.
I bought mine around the $9.50 mark. If I didn't need more diversity in that portfolio, I'd buy more now.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, the black 2d has no seats. It would sure make dimensional analysis easier if it had rear seats! (to see how much cargo room is behind the rear seats) It seems to have the shoulder belt mounts on the rear bar of the roll cage like my LJ, I don't know just what this may mean?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted a TJ (actually LJ) and looked for a while for a nice one. Here the nice ones were going for 25k or more, so at that price I gave up and bought a JL. If I ever find a nice one for under 15k I'll buy it for a dedicated trail rig, but not much hope for that.
Cypher: If the 2d pans out my '05 LJ Rubicon will be for sale in your price range. It has a Rebuilt from Salvage title but is solid and straight, well, a crinkled fender..another story...but I have an as yet uninstalled replacement for that.

Sponsored

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, the black 2d has no seats. It would sure make dimensional analysis easier if it had rear seats! (to see how much cargo room is behind the rear seats) It seems to have the shoulder belt mounts on the rear bar of the roll cage like my LJ, I don't know just what this may mean?
I could very well be wrong, but I think it looks like a headrest to a rear seat in the 2 door if you look real close. When I get off work I'll get a picture and circle what I think I'm seeing. But, it does lineup with where the Wrangler's rear seat is if I'm seeing what I think I am. Look at the rear of the roll cage.

Edited to add:

E3450497-FB0F-4735-8DE7-0BD6774480BF.jpeg

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I could very well be wrong, but I think it looks like a headrest to a rear seat in the 2 door if you look real close. When I get off work I'll get a picture and circle what I think I'm seeing. But, it does lineup with where the Wrangler's rear seat is if I'm seeing what I think I am. Look at the rear of the roll cage.

Edited to add:

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top E3450497-FB0F-4735-8DE7-0BD6774480BF
I hope you are wrong, but now I see it, I was hoping for more behind the seat room.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't see that rear glass opening up without hitting the spare tire, especially if bigger tires are available. If those are hinges at the top (and not a mechanism for the glass to slide up into from the gate), they make no sense to me. You would have to swing the tire out of the way and at that point you could just open the gate. Why not have that window fixed in place? To load something sticking out, you would have to hold the window up while shutting the gate and the tire carrier. There is something goofy going on there. Any eagle-eyed members out there that can clue me in on what I am missing?

edit for spelling.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't see that rear glass opening up without hitting the spare tire, especially if bigger tires are available. If those are hinges at the top (and not a mechanism for the glass to slide up into from the gate), they make no sense to me. You would have to swing the tire out of the way and at that point you could just open the gate. Why not have that window fixed in place? To load something sticking out, you would have to hold the window up while shutting the gate and the tire carrier. There is something goofy going on there. Any eagle-eyed members out there that can clue me in on what I am missing?

edit for spelling.
The tire carrier is mounted onto the swing-gate. You have to open the swing-gate to lift up the glass. The glass will most likely be on gas struts to hold it self open (that's how it is on the Wranglers)

Should work just like this