First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With these better pics, that two door looks more like the dimensions of the R. Secondly, this is way beyond my skill set, but wouldn't it be possible to figure out the wheel base and length of these two by the 8.5x11 sheets of paper taped on the sides?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the flares appear narrower than the ones in the 4DR pic from yesterday.

Looks like bigger tire bigger flare. So maybe, little "steelies" , no flare :unsure:

Riley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor
I see no reason the door wonā€™t open normally. Since when does a door need to open a complete 90 degrees anyway?
Yeah the doors do open normally, Iā€™m sure. Iā€™m just not seeing enough room for them to open even 70* without hitting the mirror.

I mentioned it earlier but the mirror also has to fold. Can you imagine having your mirrors folded and not being able to open the door? Or smashing the window on the mirror with them folded? Not uncommon to catch a door in the wind and have the door overextend. Wouldnā€™t be good if the door glass came into contact with the mirror.
Iā€™ve seen the patent and now seeing the where the mirror is I think they almost have to move.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The mirrors HAVE to move, right?
Now I have to go outside to see how wide my other car doors open. lol

But I'm leaning towards saying NO, they don't necessarily HAVE to hinge with the door .... but I haven't any solid info to make either argument right now.
However, I'd be amazed if they were not hinged, as in swing away style mirrors, so they don't just break off if you side swipe something ....like say, your garage door frame. I've "heard" of that happeneing .... twice to some people. :rolleyes:

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone think that hardtop might be modular, meaning it comes apart in panels? I notice some grooves that might be where the panels join. Otherwise why have those grooves.

I'm visualizing what might be: driver section, passenger section, and rear section. With possibly the top removable from the rear section.
7 piece removable top

Sponsored

Riley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor

But I'm leaning towards saying NO, they don't necessarily HAVE to hinge with the door .... but I haven't any solid info to make either argument right now.
However, I'd be amazed if they were not hinged, as in swing away style mirrors, so they don't just break off if you side swipe something ....like say, your garage door frame. I've "heard" of that happeneing .... twice to some people. :rolleyes:
When your out there checking, fold the mirrors in and imaging trying to open the door.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have ā€œheardā€of another guy that did the same thing

Sponsored

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When your out there checking, fold the mirrors in and imaging trying to open the door.
Good point. The mirrors will have to move with the door when folded in. Maybe not when extended

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on a few posts by Chrispy over the last couple weeks, my money is on this weekend for the reveal.
yeah., he said he'd be in jamaica day of the reveal, and said that he'd booked diving and fishing for this wekeend.

Thehime

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 94DE4F36-F4C6-4CB3-AABC-8D5D2370B473
Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 5A1E9BDD-62A3-45E6-896D-68364DDB878C

Does anyone think the Branco looks similar to the Rivian r1s? I prefer the Branco over the r1s, but I think itā€™s kind of weird that they look similar in style with Ford investing in Rivian. Maybe the Branco was in front of us this whole time and future electric conversion with the use of the same chassis...

Deleted member 2346

Yeah the doors do open normally, Iā€™m sure. Iā€™m just not seeing enough room for them to open even 70* without hitting the mirror.

I mentioned it earlier but the mirror also has to fold. Can you imagine having your mirrors folded and not being able to open the door? Or smashing the window on the mirror with them folded? Not uncommon to catch a door in the wind and have the door overextend. Wouldnā€™t be good if the door glass came into contact with the mirror.
Iā€™ve seen the patent and now seeing the where the mirror is I think they almost have to move.
You better thank me lol. Dug this up from the door patents.

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top AE9A2732-D8C9-44E1-BB16-65F10011F783

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 84D584A0-5D91-49A8-BF14-E4BCB0AA164E