First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its not the maverick, but its not a real Bronco either, it is a styling buck for the actual Bronco. But yes I think it appears to be shorter than what the actual prototype 2 door is
Good. I was wondering what happened between the test truck and the tan 2 door in the original post. As stated in another reply to my post, it makes sense that they could show off an older styling. But I guess I'll go back to waiting in uncertainty like all the other 2 door lovers.... haha. Everyone wanting the 4 door got your money's worth
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m just hoping the length of the 2 door is more proportionate then the 2 door wranglers are. The only 2 door wranglers that ever looked proportional were the unlimited models back in 05, with the longer length backs. The old broncos almost always looked better in proportion, because of the slightly longer space behind the doors. I hope ford keeps it this way and it doesn’t look like that bronco in the first released pic.

The 2 door unlimited jeeps are the highest resale models, and for that reason, because of the longer lengths while remaining 2 door.
I feel like the unlimiteds (image below) with longer rear sections generally look too long in back. I've seen a few done with certain tires and other gear that looked good, but most looked disproportionate. But then it comes down to personal preference.

Unless needing the capacity on a regular basis, I generally prefer a more nimble vehicle. My buddy has a 4 door JK and it doesn't feel as nimble parking or fun to drive doing other maneuvers like my shorter wheelbase TJ.

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top TJunlimited

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's a lot of seams for wind noise for sure. I just have the two panels on my JL 2 door and the seams add to some wind noise. It isn't bad, but you can hear it. I can't imagine all of those seams and rubber seals that will start to squeak when the top flexes. That happens, too, especially in cold weather when the rubber is a bit stiffer. Very interested in this, though. Liking what I'm seeing so far.
Yeah I'm really hoping that even if there isn't a fully fixed roof option, there's a full one piece hardtop. I'm quite confident I'll never use a removable roof, so the less potential for squeaks, rattles, and leaks, the better. I'm planning on keeping this vehicle for a long time and in well below freezing weather, even if there's no NVH downside at first I'm sure there will be eventually

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I'm really hoping that even if there isn't a fully fixed roof option, there's a full one piece hardtop. I'm quite confident I'll never use a removable roof, so the less potential for squeaks, rattles, and leaks, the better. I'm planning on keeping this vehicle for a long time and in well below freezing weather, even if there's no NVH downside at first I'm sure there will be eventually
You will learn to listen to and read these squeaks and rattles as additional intel about road conditions giving you a competitive edge in your races ;)

Sponsored

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the gray 2door might be a concept mule or clay model because the windows are black, typical when there's no interior. It may have been what was used on stage as a teaser with the cover over it a year ago.
I think it’s safe to say that the design issues we all see with the clay model mock up were very apparent to the design team at Ford and they made the changes going forward. There may have been one or two models carved after this one. Who remembers a report awhile back about the design being rejected for if I remember correctly “looking too much like a Jeep”. It could have been this design, not that I think it looks like a jeep, that may have been the excuse. The 2 door in the background that we all seem pleased with, is most likely what we are going to get.

KimDracula

Base
First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like the unlimiteds (image below) with longer rear sections generally look too long in back. I've seen a few done with certain tires and other gear that looked good, but most looked disproportionate. But then it comes down to personal preference.

Unless needing the capacity on a regular basis, I generally prefer a more nimble vehicle. My buddy has a 4 door JK and it doesn't feel as nimble parking or fun to drive doing other maneuvers like my shorter wheelbase TJ.

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top TJunlimited
My personal opinion is the longer back on this jeep looks good, way better then the common Jeep 2 doors. However, I’d be happy to see the new bronco wheel base between this and the regular length Jeep 2 door.

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SO E3 got cancelled, I'm willing to be NAIAS will be canceled too. Ford may have their hands tied and have to rely solely on internet reveals
Sponsored