John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the idea too.... but looking closely - it seems like the back part of the top is higher by a few inches than the middle part - it would not just slide into place, there would have to be something between the top of the second row windows and the higher top. I do not have graphics to explain this.
Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ooo. If Ford hasn't thought of this before they might be now. I like it. I like it alottt
I keep looking at it. it would be awesome. have a panel the folds up from the floor to close the gap. a small bed for keeping stuff you may not want IN your rig, like deer carcass etc.

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I’m going to tune-out until next week. I want to be blown away by what Ford is presenting. I respect the work they've been putting in on this and I'm confident now that it's going to be legit.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s been awesome and I’ve been partaking fully in the recent threads, but the leaks are taking away some of the thrill. They also add even more questions/unknowns; at the end of the day I just want to know when the release day will be and most details will be revealed (engine, interior, and other large pieces of the puzzle). Looks like we have that now!

We’ve just been hungry for so long- we’ve jumped on all the crumbs (spy pics, pineapple pizza, apple pie, etc. lol).... now the main course is in sight! It's time to fast until the reveal, and then REALLY enjoy that Bronco sandwich @ChrispyKC mentioned.

EDIT: I might wait until tomorrow to start the fast though, I've already gone too far today. :ROFLMAO:

The half-cab theory is so awesome. Depending on roof design (and it actually being a production feature), that could be a win for the aftermarket as well.

Last edited:

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I keep looking at it. it would be awesome. have a panel the folds up from the floor to close the gap. a small bed for keeping stuff you may not want IN your rig, like deer carcass etc.
My thoughts exactly. They're going back there whether the roof works this way or not

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I gotta know, I've had a theory that the rear window section will fit directly behind the rear doors. With the removal of the rear section of the roll cage, making it essentially like the old half cab. these are the things that keep me up at night...

**edit, quick and dirty pic of what I'm saying*
1583948908138.png
Cool idea. So what, if anything, would form the cab-side vertical wall of the bed underneath where the rear glass is? A new piece or the back of the rear seats?

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 1583952081211

ok - see the straight red line ? that is the bottom of the rear roof part, it would sit a few inches higher than the second row windows. I hope I am wrong and there is a clever fix to that, I have been wanting a half cab for a very long time now.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I feel like the unlimiteds (image below) with longer rear sections generally look too long in back. I've seen a few done with certain tires and other gear that looked good, but most looked disproportionate. But then it comes down to personal preference.

Unless needing the capacity on a regular basis, I generally prefer a more nimble vehicle. My buddy has a 4 door JK and it doesn't feel as nimble parking or fun to drive doing other maneuvers like my shorter wheelbase TJ.

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 1583952081211
Ironically the LJ is actually a popular build / the wheelbase is considered the perfect compromise by some. Not to mention it tows 3500 like the JKU and JLU.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool idea. So what, if anything, would form the cab-side vertical wall of the bed underneath where the rear glass is? A new piece or the back of the rear seats?
The Defenders had a rear bulkhead (a wall) , would be cool if the rear panels that were removed could be put there in place of a bulkhead

ScalinoFever

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scalino
Your Bronco Model
Base
ok - see the straight red line ? that is the bottom of the rear roof part, it would sit a few inches higher than the second row windows. I hope I am wrong and there is a clever fix to that, I have been wanting a half cab for a very long time now.

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Defenders had a rear bulkhead (a wall) , would be cool if the rear panels that were removed could be put there in place of a bulkhead
I thought about that, but they have glass in them. Could be hazardous having glass as the wall of the bed

Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That roof is so trick. God damn, this thing is going to be so fuckin' awesome. If the two door offers the modular roof system too, it'll be able to mimic the old Land Rover Series SWB trucks!

...no...it would mimic the old BRONCO half cab. Which you can switch out for a full top as well.
Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 20200119_151215

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A longtime ago - I was wanting a half cab from a Wrangler - I think it was Bestop that sold a half cab top and the bulk head was fabric. So a soft top half cab would be just fine by me if someone can make it. No need to remove rollbar in the back, just wrap the top around it.

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 1583953055260

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i spent like 10 seconds on that pic, so take it with a grain of salt lmao

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I gotta know, I've had a theory that the rear window section will fit directly behind the rear doors. With the removal of the rear section of the roll cage, making it essentially like the old half cab. these are the things that keep me up at night...

**edit, quick and dirty pic of what I'm saying*
1583948908138.png
That would solve my “how to hunt with a Bronco” question I posed a while back, eliminating the need for a hitch hauler or trailer. Hope you’re correct. (y)

...and I’d probably leave it in “truck mode” all the time. Bad ass and more practical.
Sponsored

Last edited: