First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be super clever and would completely blow Heeps out of consideration for anyone in this market.
Does look like it could be that modular of a design. Crispy has been saying there’s more to come. More than we can imagine. Exciting times for sure.
Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would solve my “how to hunt with a Bronco” question I posed a while back, eliminating the need for a hitch hauler or trailer. Hope you’re correct. (y)
This would seal the deal for me! Gives people what they need who need a light duty truck also occasionally for moving stuff, dirty stuff, sharp stuff etc. coupled with a fully washable interior, I am sold on the longer 4 door version (or 2 door in a full size length is even better if they surprise us!)

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That roof is so trick. God damn, this thing is going to be so fuckin' awesome. If the two door offers the modular roof system too, it'll be able to mimic the old Land Rover Series SWB trucks!

Landy.jpg
...or the original Bronco pickups.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely love the 4 door. After 14 years of FJs, I was looking for something different. I love the new JLs, but looking at the steering issue threads on the JL forum was enough to scare me away for good. I was praying Ford would deliver, and they did!

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

288BBC09-3A62-4C05-9CA5-EDB4D1BC9FCE.jpeg

This makes me sad tbh. I’m glad we have gotten to see it but this must suck for the Bronco team.
Having spent my career in Engineering product development I completely understand why some of the Bronco team members may not be happy. They may want to consider how excited we are all to finally start seeing whatever tidbit we can. The vast majority of the information remains unknown and they can rest assured we will be pleasantly surprised by all their great accomplishments when we see it on March 18th.

Now that aside, I have seen time and time again, even before Engineering finishes the product, Marketing is chomping at the bit to put together a plan. Occasionally Senior Management will make adjustments to the plan that they feel are in the best interest of the company. If necessary, only a small group of senior people may know the big picture of these adjustments so Senior Management can maintain plausible deniability. At the end of the day it is done as Senior Management believes it will lead to the best product exposure, the best buzz and ultimately to the best sales. I'm not saying Ford would ever do that but it does happen at some companies.

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did not watch the video- but no need - just look at this picture - the original
1583953196780.png
If this is real, it almost looks like the rear panel will fit right under the roof rack so it remains functional. My sorrows about the lack of a slide-down rear window are gone, this might be even better!

I can't wait to pull up next to my dad's Rubicon Recon and show of this trick pony.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2346

I gotta know, I've had a theory that the rear window section will fit directly behind the rear doors. With the removal of the rear section of the roll cage, making it essentially like the old half cab. these are the things that keep me up at night...

**edit, quick and dirty pic of what I'm saying*
1583948908138.png
Very cool concept. If Ford made this happen, it would be a show stopper. Would explain the roll cage removal patents as other said. And if a false floor could fold up to seal against the lower edge of the glass....

On another note, THIS is how I wanted the Jeep truck to look. Stubby. No longer than a 4 door but with the rear cargo section being a truck box for dirty cargo. The actual Jeep truck looks goofy for 2 reasons: that long bed behind the rear wheels and the 4 door version's rear doors that are trapezoid cut to match a wheel well thats no longer there on the truck. I mean, I know they did it to save costs but those doors just look cheap.

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top message-editor_1554450980062-img_0749_LI

Last edited by a moderator:

Enessy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Tremor, Infiniti S Sedan, KTM 1290R, CB750
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I gotta know, I've had a theory that the rear window section will fit directly behind the rear doors. With the removal of the rear section of the roll cage, making it essentially like the old half cab. these are the things that keep me up at night...

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top message-editor_1554450980062-img_0749_LI
This is the type of innovation I’m really hoping for. I had similar thoughts with the flexibility of what a modular roof could mean.

Enessy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Tremor, Infiniti S Sedan, KTM 1290R, CB750
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So basically the Bronco pickup IS the Bronco. If this is true
But it would be nice to have a truck style tailgate option for this application rather than a swing gate.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But it would be nice to have a truck style tailgate option for this application rather than a swing gate.
Lots of vehicles had swing gates that also opened like a tailgate, depending on what you needed.

Hell, the Honda Ridgeline has that now.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I can say, is if ford decided to do this, it would be amazing. maybe if this gen cant do it, the refresh in 4 years could. I cant imagine it wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement it. that said, I'm sure the aftermarket will offer such a thing in a hurry.

Demondsol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cherokee

Greeeeeeeaaaat now I'm going to feel let down if my Bronco DOESN'T transform into a truck...