First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Son of a bitch. Am I going to have to get both 2 and 4 doors.
That was the the plan for me all along but now it's looking like im gonna be buying 3. 0ne 2dr and two 4dr models and maybe even a sport as a new daily. Ford is fucking up my savings accounts and im not mad about.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Will be an empty nester in the coming years & was all in on the 2 door. I think both look good, but was trying to go ā€œold schoolā€. If this guess that the 4 door can convert to a truck type bed I have to rethink everything. Always loved the 4 door defender 110 truck. This would be a huge game changer for the 2 & 4 door truck lovers. Maybe Iā€™m getting my hopes up for something that wonā€™t happen. If it is a thing could the lower portion be something like the Chevy Avalanche option had. I think a panel flipped up & down or something. Either way I enjoy the info & speculation from everyone. Onward to 03.18.
I think (besides pricing), part of where Jeep missed on the Gladiator is the 30ā€ of extra length and what that does to break over and departure angle. Iā€™ve been watching several YouTube channels where guys built and off-road their gladiators and the conclusion is: they have to raise them way up / on 40ā€™s (which wonā€™t work for me), and the stuff in the back gets dirty / wet even with bed covers.

The converts to pickup option would be a cool attraction for when I need the open height, but really I am looking for a vehicle that can go on moderate overland expeditions and can tow a few thousand pounds more than a Wrangler. I am hoping this is it!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree. A lot of people have told me on social media that it looks like an FJ. I just put up a pic of my EB to show the similarities. I think people have no frame of reference for a Bronco now, so they just compare it to something they normally see on the road. They are used to seeing little oval-shaped cars, trucks/large SUVs and then a random Jeep, 4Runner or very random FJ. Your brain is trained to make associations, so they are just doing what is natural in trying to pull up a similar shape in their minds. I think the Bronco is going to look great on the road and then people will suddenly have a new frame of reference.

I had similar feelings when the first pics were released (the ones Ford asked to be removed). Everyone said it looks like a Wrangler. I think to myself, sure it does, if you take a rear shot of a pick up bed from any of the big three, all three will look like a pick up bed !!!! DUH !!!! So of course the Bronco looks like a Wrangler from the back its a smaller off road vehicle with the top removed, what the hell is supposed to look like a Camry ????? :cool:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn't read far enough to see if anyone responded to this yet, but figured I'd give it a shot. I've been out of the "larger tires" game for quite some time, but recently put a new set of 33's on the wife's 2017 JKU. While at OK4wd (I trust those guys), they told me that certain tires with more space between the lugs will make your vehicle wander. Which is what drove me away from the Mickey T's to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. So to reiterate, I'm certainly no expert, but that may be part of your cause.

But by all means, dump your Heeps and come with us to the dark side ? Bronco's 4 Life!

Just had a Super Duty in the shop on brand new 40's and had death wobble BAD !!!!!!

Just so happened we had a set of 37's on 8 lug wheels, same bolt pattern, that we tried on it and guess what. NO death wobble !!!!

of course the customer didn't want to believe it but it was true. 40's had HUGE gaps between the lugs and we put M/T MTZ's on it and no more wobble.

I had never heard of the open tread pattern causing death wobble but it makes sense hearing it now, after what just happen 2 weeks ago to us. (y)

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Will be an empty nester in the coming years & was all in on the 2 door. I think both look good, but was trying to go ā€œold schoolā€. If this guess that the 4 door can convert to a truck type bed I have to rethink everything. Always loved the 4 door defender 110 truck. This would be a huge game changer for the 2 & 4 door truck lovers. Maybe Iā€™m getting my hopes up for something that wonā€™t happen. If it is a thing could the lower portion be something like the Chevy Avalanche option had. I think a panel flipped up & down or something. Either way I enjoy the info & speculation from everyone. Onward to 03.18.
Welcome to the forum.

Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

Can I ask - why aren't LED lights standard on all vehicles? The kid next door bought some low cost LED headlights off ebay for his Mustang. I've got LED on my TJ. LED lights have come far down in cost and for a lot of uses are the standard. Or are vehicle makers still holding them back mainly for use in up-charging to higher end trims?
Legit LED lights (non-chinese) are still more expensive than halogen lights. The cheap LED brands do a good job but they dont perform as well. Currently have 3 sets of LED cube lights and the expensive Rigid brand lights outperform all the Chinese knockoffs. Take your TJ 7ā€ LED headlights. Iā€™m sure those were $200+ at least... some are over $500. While a 7ā€ sealed halogen is $20 maybe.

also, by LED lights, I think he was referring more to the LED halos and accents which the silver/white 4door had but the black4door did not.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Legit LED lights (non-chinese) are still more expensive than halogen lights. The cheap LED brands do a good job but they dont perform as well. Currently have 3 sets of LED cube lights and the expensive Rigid brand lights outperform all the Chinese knockoffs. Take your TJ 7ā€ LED headlights. Iā€™m sure those were $200+ at least... some are over $500. While a 7ā€ sealed halogen is $20 maybe.

also, by LED lights, I think he was referring more to the LED halos and accents which the silver/white 4door had but the black4door did not.
I have 2 90 degree Transporters, 4 Duralux minis and 2 Shocker light bars from VisionX ready for the Bronco in my garage. I have owned cheap and expensive, it's not worth my time to keep replacing the cheap stuff and the light isn't the same.

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
94DE4F36-F4C6-4CB3-AABC-8D5D2370B473.jpeg
5A1E9BDD-62A3-45E6-896D-68364DDB878C.jpeg

Does anyone think the Branco looks similar to the Rivian r1s? I prefer the Branco over the r1s, but I think itā€™s kind of weird that they look similar in style with Ford investing in Rivian. Maybe the Branco was in front of us this whole time and future electric conversion with the use of the same chassis...
[/QUOTE

NOPE

Enessy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Tremor, Infiniti S Sedan, KTM 1290R, CB750
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lots of vehicles had swing gates that also opened like a tailgate, depending on what you needed.

Hell, the Honda Ridgeline has that now.
Then how would the spare be handled? It wonā€™t act like a tailgate with the spare there.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No surprise. The Rivian truck and Ranger will be similar as well.

norwal42

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ooh, I figured out why the roof rails don't go all the way to the back of the roof... (Don't know if this is already being discussed,but here's my idea::). In addition to being able to remove the front roof panels with roof rails on, I bet you can take off the rear shell, too, and the rails can stay on, bridging from A-pillar/windshield frame to roll bar. See the angled roll bar coming up from the back corner in the "black hood down + black roof off" leaked photo.

Not only might it be possible, but are those rails maybe even structural, and the whole roof + doors can come off, leaving only those structural rails? That would be a huge deal for both striking/unique style and open cabin factor! It'd also be a really creative solution to one-up the Jeep's open top - with rails high up and inboard a bit, you get a more open canopy feel while retaining rollover protection.

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Greeeeeeeaaaat now I'm going to feel let down if my Bronco DOESN'T transform into a truck...
Man, I'm not holding my breath, but that alone would just blow everyone away. I remember seeing someone on here mention that the interior was more impressive than the exterior, and that kind of modularity might be part of that. I'm seriously excited to see what more Ford brings to the table here.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think (besides pricing), part of where Jeep missed on the Gladiator is the 30ā€ of extra length and what that does to break over and departure angle. Iā€™ve been watching several YouTube channels where guys built and off-road their gladiators and the conclusion is: they have to raise them way up / on 40ā€™s (which wonā€™t work for me), and the stuff in the back gets dirty / wet even with bed covers.

The converts to pickup option would be a cool attraction for when I need the open height, but really I am looking for a vehicle that can go on moderate overland expeditions and can tow a few thousand pounds more than a Wrangler. I am hoping this is it!
I don't know why they couldn't have a detachable extention the converts it into small pickp truck for hauling and then is removable. However, that would require the tailgate to fold down.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then how would the spare be handled? It wonā€™t act like a tailgate with the spare there.
As long as the tailgate is damped, it is conceivable, but not likely.
Sponsored