First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
50K for a truck with vinyl seats? We owned cars in the 60-70's with vinyl seats they were cheap and sticky/sweaty? To each his own I guess but I wouldn't own that mess
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The problem is we will never know how much better the reservation/order numbers could have been had the marketing been 100% as good as
the engineering
And in all fairness, I'm glad you engineering is 100%. If anything has to suffer I'm glad it's the marketing.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The problem is we will never know how much better the reservation/order numbers could have been had the marketing been 100% as good as
the engineering
To be fair, the only info we have is marketing propaganda from Ford. The engineering hasn't really be reviewed in any independent way. We don't even have any road reviews.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
50K for a truck with vinyl seats? We owned cars in the 60-70's with vinyl seats they were cheap and sticky/sweaty? To each his own I guess but I would own that mess

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To each his own I guess but I would own that mess
Fear ye not, OBL worrywarts. The marketing WORKED, despite the incompetence!!! 😅

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are literally rewriting history to fit your desired narrative. Your point is rooted in nothing but opinion. It runs contrary to the actual facts and actual order data. I think the.marketinh department stands on pretty firm ground, at least until 2024ish. Lol
I have no “desired narrative”. In fact, I have no narrative at all. I have only rational observation. Which is that the marketing campaign for the new Bronco has been mostly trash. Everyone on this forum knows it. So no, the fact these vehicles are sold out for at least a year isn’t due to a marketing department “that knows what it’s doing.” It’s despite that marketing department ***not*** knowing what they’re doing.

slacker4wheel

Black Diamond
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great video of MGV. I ordered a Black Diamond that has the two tone interior ,looks like the quality of materials is high end. I do like the Badlands solid color look with accent stitching also. No matter what you choose i think they all will look awesome. Can't wait to see a real bronco in person.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great video of MGV. I ordered a Black Diamond that has the two tone interior ,looks like the quality of materials is high end. I do like the Badlands solid color look with accent stitching also. No matter what you choose i think they all will look awesome. Can't wait to see a real bronco in person.
I saw Black Diamond’s interior in person yesterday and I loved it!

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have no “desired narrative”. In fact, I have no narrative at all. I have only rational observation. Which is that the marketing campaign for the new Bronco has been mostly trash. Everyone on this forum knows it. So no, the fact these vehicles are sold out for at least a year isn’t due to a marketing department “that knows what it’s doing.” It’s despite that marketing department ***not*** knowing what they’re doing.
Well, if the forum says so, then they surely must know more than the people who actually launched the successful program. Lol.

C'mon man.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the fact that the interior is not as jet black as it appeared on the Build and Price renderings. The seats look to be more a graphite than a black. This is highlighted when you see the black seat belt webbing against the seat.

I’ve had three Fords in a row with all black interiors, including my current F150, and I find them too basic. This interior I’m pretty excited about.

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those of us who didn’t see the value in going to Badlands and instead went Manual transmission Black Diamond, how difficult is it going to be to install heated seats? I wanted Heated seats, but I wanted the washout interior and manual transmission, and adding $8000 to get heated seats (and some other upgrades) wasn’t going to increase the value to me, so I am going to have to figure out how to add heated seats.
To the shoemaker’s husband: thanks for that insight. Truly, it’s a great world now for alternatives to leather. I wish my custom motorcycle seat was covered in a synthetic rather than leather, which at 10 years old required me to strip the finish and repaint it to restore its new look. On the plus side, leather is very easy to strip, repaint (yes leather gets painted) and reseal. I’ve done my saddle, motorcycle boots, and cycling shoes. The plus of leather is it’s ease of repair and maintenance, which are all known factors.
I just want to know where I can get the whale skin hubcaps that Dennis Leary sang about. 😂

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I enjoyed the video for what it is. Don’t care about the source.

All the hate on BN and OBL is annoying in that it often hijacks these threads. Hate ‘em if you want but exercise a little self control so those of us that just want to take in information don’t have to sift through pages and pages of posts that have little to do with the original content posted.

NOTE: One of the reasons the forum gets duplicate threads is the fact that trolling, sniping, and other silliness make threads so cluttered and long that they become too annoying to use for research.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs