Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sadly, the members here will pay the price of all this nonsense. OBL put up some good high quality material that we'll likely not have any longer, thanks to those that felt the need to make a federal case out of this. I guess it's the price you pay to prove a point.
I completely agree with you.

I understand that people are upset that OBL was in-fact, a Ford driven initiative. But so what? What were we all so mad about? That we were getting weekly Bronco videos on a truck that most people on this forum are eagerly awaiting?

If they stop posting content because of this non-issue then that's on the community. I really don't care who signs their paycheque, I just enjoy the content they are putting out and it helped me stay excited for the truck I've ordered.

Its a video guys and who they work for really has no effect on your life whatsoever. It's either we get more Bronco content, or less.

I want more, I think a lot of us do...

Sponsored

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What an absurdity by Ford. :mad:
If you sit down and figure it out on a spreadsheet (which is what I did) I realized that to have manual transmission and heated seats I would have to step up to the badlands, which would cost $8000+. I was thinking that was my only option... until I realized I can have someone install heated seats for far less than $8k and I'd be WAY ahead.

The ford dealer told me they would charge $200 per seat to install heated seats. When I get the windows tinted I bet the tint shop will also be able to do the seats, and hopefully it's less than $200 per seat.

Yes, on the Badlands the bigger tires and fancy suspension would have been neat, but the further you get from the BASE model the more value the vehicle will drop.

The things I wanted most were the steel bumpers, washout interior, vinyl seats, manual transmission, and heated seats. I wasn't willing to compromise on any of those, but when I did the math I realized the value of the Black Diamond vs the Badlands.

Long story short, Ford employs a whole bunch of really smart people to figure out what options go with which packages, and it's all about getting you to spend more on the vehicle than you initially wanted. If Ford doesn't value those upgraded options (see residual values) then why should you and I?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Ford doesn't value those upgraded options (see residual values) then why should you and I?
The problem is when they bundle a "basic option" into a high-grade package. Would I expect a line-item option of adding a 12" infotainment display to my low-end model? No. Would I expect the option of adding heated seats to my low-end model? YES.

Geez, VW has been including heated seats in all but their cheapest trim lines for many years. Moving up to a trim that includes heated seats does not cost $8,000 in a VW, nor should it in any vehicle in 2021. 20 years ago heated seats were a high-end luxury option. They shouldn't be today.

I find some of these bundling practices cynical at best.

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The problem is when they bundle a "basic option" into a high-grade package. Would I expect a line-item option of adding a 12" infotainment display to my low-end model? No. Would I expect the option of adding heated seats to my low-end model? YES.

Geez, VW has been including heated seats in all but their cheapest trim lines for many years. Moving up to a trim that includes heated seats does not cost $8,000 in a VW, nor should it in any vehicle in 2021. 20 years ago heated seats were a high-end luxury option. They shouldn't be today.

I find some of these bundling practices cynical at best.
I totally Agree!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Every auto company does it. Not just Ford. Every one would rather order ala carte but nobody would want to pay what it would really cost then. These guys have figured out what people want and are willing to pay and bundle that way. They have been doing it this way for 40 years now. When you are trying to crank these things out at a high pace, every vehicle can’t be different without costing more per vehicle.

it’s not just vehicles, it applies to most mass produced products.
Sponsored